September 21, 2014 | 1583 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Recycled Retractable Foundation Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I despise this product as a foundation brush. I don't like flat foundation brushes and this is too dense to use for foundation It is really good, however, as a concealer brush or a highlighting brush. It gives heavy coverage so you will have to go back in with your fingers and blend the product in a bit but it ensures that your concealer doesn't melt away. It is not a fluffy, soft brush though, because it is so dense. And the retractable case can be a little bit finicky.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. It's amazing. All of the EcoTools products I've tried have gotten an A+. The brushes clean up great and don't age too quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this retractable foundation brush. It's perfect for travel, and the pointed tip fits into cream foundation sticks. I've got broken blood vessels around my nose; this is the only foundation brush I have that will cover them up. The application around my nose is flawless. It also works great for applying concealer around your eyes, applying foundation on the sides of your face near your eyebrows, and in any hard to reach areas.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really liked this brush...until i realized that it was eating up most of my foundation! it took me a ridiculous amount of time to apply my foundation with this.i switched to the elf powder brush..IT'S A TON BETTER! with the elf brush..the foundation actually goes on my face instead of being absorbed by the brush...which saves me product and time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so let me first say that when I first bought this brush, I LOVED it. However, recently my skin has gone from being normal to being dry and I've been having a hard time controlling my acne. I liked using this to apply my foundation... especially if I was away or rushing to work or school (I would apply foundation quickly in my car).

Now that I've had it for a quite, I realized that I just like this brush. It's very dense (good at applying)... however it's too dense (not so good for blending). I like that it is tapered because it gets to the corners of the nose really well. I did find that I like this a lot more for contouring. It applies great!

I do believe I am going to purchase the Ecotools retractable kabuki brush. I think that's probably more of what I'm looking for in a travel brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I bought this to use it as it was designed, as a travel/ portable foundation brush. As much as I love Ecotools brushes in general, I was a bit disappointed with this. Yes, it is good for travel/ in your bag, but It simply is not a great foundation brush.
I find it less soft than my other Ecotools brushes (and I've got most of them), similar in feel to a regular flat foundation brush, rather than a bigger & rounder sort of buffing brush.
The effect is that of a flat foundation brush as well, as I have found the application a bit streaky and less perfect than I would like.
Lastly, it's an odd shape. The pointy tip is not small or tapered enough to get under your eyes or around your nostrils comfortably, rather I find the brush too big for that. At the same time because it has a point, it takes a lot longer to buff in foundation properly, as the surface of the brush is not big enough.
In conclusion, it's fine/ ok-ish/ it'll-have-to-do, for on the go/ travel, but if I didn't own it already, I would not go out and buy it. Sorry Ecotools!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE EcoTools brushes alwayss, I'm surprised to find a miss. Don't get me wrong, its just as a soft and richly dense as the others in this line. I just couldn't find a use for this one. I didn't buy this for use with foundation, as I already have ones I prefer for that. I bought it for its unique shape, that I have been looking for to contour with. I need a small, pointy brush that would fit right into my cheekbones to give a chiseled look for the summer. I found this brush to not be able to spread the color on evenly. I had to use more bronzer to get it to show on my skin and by then it was wayy to dark. Or I could dot bronzer with this, but then would need another brush to blend in. I thought of using this with concealer under my eyes instead, then got grossed out thinking of the liquidy/creamy chunks that would be left over in the bristles growing bacteria in a closed retractable container. For powders, a traditional fluffy wide kabuki is ideal & this would be awful for blush getting too much on small surface area. Hence, its use-less. Unless you prefer traditional paint brush like brushes, which leave streaks behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Viviana25

This brush is incredible to apply powder highlighters at the top of your cheekbones, center of the nose, cupids bow, and to apply setting powder to the under eye area. Instead of using it for foundation I will continue using it this way because is amazing for that.
Because of its small and tapered head you can apply powder with the side of the brush and you will get a very dense application of powder, that can be blended with it too!!!, really recommended for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation brush I have ever used. The reason is because you can dot your foundation using the tip on little cirlces in your face, then blend using the side of the brush around different contours. When you get to a smaller face, use the tip again. The circumference of the tip makes it very soft and comfortable application, that is still even. Very unique shape makes applying liquid foundation around eyes, the space b/w eyebrow and hairline, and other areas of your face that are not as much of an "open space" as your cheeks a breeze. I also love that it is retractable and you can take it with you so that you don't HAVE to clean it immediately to not create a mess. I started using about 6 months ago, and have washed weekly with soapy cleanser and water and the brush hasn't lost form, bristles, nothing. Still works great. At less than $10, it is an excellent value. Highly recommend the EcoTool brushes, also Gotta B Urban brushes are really good too (if you can find them)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, this brush is really good for on the go! I find that it's better for cream foundations and any kind of concealers. It's dense enough to brush away cream foundations and concealers(like Revlon PhotoReady Concealer) since most brushes are dense enough to brush them away quickly. But since most cream products are in stick form or in a pan, it has to be applied by a sponge or your fingers to get decent results. The tip of this brush allows you to reach every crevice of your face.

Only reason I give this a 4 out of 5 lippies is because it's a little scratchy. But I'm gonna clean it and see if it's still like that afterwards. But I do highly recommend this brush!

**Edit on 12/13/2011**
Okay so I've washed it twice since this review. After the first wash, it wasn't scratchy. I recommend washing it first before you use it! Very good brush!