Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss - Charisma

3.0

on 4/25/2011 9:00:00 PM

This is my first Chantecaille gloss and while I love it, I really can't say it was worth the price ($28 USD), if I'm going to be really honest. The color - a shimmering raspberry red - is lovely, and better still that it applies on the sheer side, as it's more forgiving this way (no ugly bleeding out of the lip lines). It's also very, very shiny, but it doesn't really have that glassy, sticky finish - rather, it looks very wet, quite alluring.

As pretty as it is, however, it just doesn't last, and I'm the type of person on whom all lip products stick like crazy. Even MAC Lustres and random colored balms, known to disappear within moments, last on my lips. But this stuff evaporates so quickly that it reminds me almost of those cheap, watery glosses I used to buy at accessory stores like Claire's when I was a young girl.

However, my lips do feel super moisturized and soft when I'm wearing this, even after the color has faded. So at the end of the day, this feels like one expensive lip balm, and one that definitely works. Will I buy again? Probably in another shade, and only because I'm an addict, like so many others on MUA. Otherwise, if you're pinching pennies, or honestly, smarter than I, save your money.

Popular Lip Glosses