October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Fox in a Box - Truth or Dare

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by maya1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing for the pink blush not the bronzer (which I don't like at all).this blush is a soft blue based pink whish is so lovely,so girly on the cheeks....while the bronzer is discusting and is ruining the review for the blush one...will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by desiieee

I absolutely love this blush!! I picked it up because the adorable packaging caught my eye, and as soon as I saw the pink colour I was sold. When I got home and tried it out I was pleased to see just how pigmented it is. The colours when swirled together provide a perfect flush for my pale skin. Will definitely buy again, especially at the $6 price point.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this little blush duo! This has a nice brown/tan shade for adding depth and using as a bronzer and a pink shade for use as a blush alone. I use them together and this is my most reached for blush. These are pigmented pretty well so it doesn't take much to add color and shade. It lasts all day on me and I don't reapply at all. This does have some shimmer in it though and if actual sunlight you can see little fine sparkles all over where this is used. they are very fine though and not really glittery and not really noticible unless you are in strong bright sunlight. I use a regular E.L.F. blush brush for this and it works perfectly. It blends well and applies smoothly and looks great on me. I am soo happy with this blush and will definitely be buying more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

I'm so sad cause I wanted to love this so bad! It looks amazing in the box and the packaging is adorable. Unfortunately on me it looks way to sparkly. From looking at it in the case I would have never thought it would be like that. This would probably work better on people with dry skin. :) xo

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by missmarytx

Ive had this product for awhile now and sadly I can't say that I reach for it all too often. Let me first say I'm a huge fan of hard candy's concealers and cheek product and I've purchased quite a few of them that I use far more often than this.
The packaging is very cute and extremely similar to the benefit boxed powders, especially since benefit changed their packaging. it comes with a cute pink and white brush attached with elastic to the lid. although besides being aesthetically pleasing it's pretty useless it's very small would apply streaky. But I guess it would ok for touch ups on the go if it's in your purse.
Im going to give the reviews for each product separately since I never wear them together. The bronzer is a shimmery light bronzy color that doesn't have any hints of orange on my NC20 skin 't it's way to shiny be a contour maybe would be ok withe a matte contour color and this on the apples of the cheeks, where you apply blush. however I use this as a bronzy tan highlighter on my cheekbones with matte bronzer fora really sunny tanned look.
The blush is a light baby pink that is a little shimmery as well but not nearly as much as the bronzer. It is almost identical to benefit blush thrrrob except the pink in this duo is a little lighter. It almost seems like a matte light pink with shimmer in it. this also is mainly a highlight on me when I'm wearing other pink toned blushes. but this is easily enhanced to be opaque enough to show up as a blush. if you apply UDPP it applies more color to your cheeks, it light packs it onto your cheeks so you can actually see the color of the product and to just the subtle sheen, if you apply to much though it can become powdery on the skin. Anther thing you can do to enhance this pink blush is to apply Hard candy's highlighting cream in living doll under it it will reflect much brighter with the added highlight but the color becomes much more vibrant and dramatic.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was planning on buying this for so long, since I finally got one shade darker and wanted to try bronzer. I'd seen it recommended for girls with light skin tones, but I've also read that we should stay away from shimmery bronzers, so I was dismayed to find the shimmer in this. It's a nice colour, works as a eyeshadow though it's kinda sheer for that. Too shimmery and slightly orange for my face though. The blush is too light and just disappears. It was only $5, the packaging is cute and I wanted to love it, but it's a miss for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I spotted this on the shelf at Walmart and just couldnt resist buying it because the packaging is soooo cute. Reminded me of the benefit box powders. I love the blush color, a super pretty pale pink, but the bronzer is just a little too shimmery for my taste. Oh yeah, and the brush, while crazy cute, is pretty much unusable.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by catlover9_9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim, dropped it into my stash, and forgot about it. I admit I purchased it because it looked like Benefit's 10, which I'd wanted to try, but was much, much cheaper (seems as if a lot of you had that same thought)!

Anyhow, the other night I was making a quick grocery run and decided to try it. Instead of using the crappy little brush that it comes with, I got out one of my own brushes. It seemed as if I had to sweep the brush a lot to get any of the color to show up. I tried to keep the two colors in separate "stripes", and not swirl them together, if that makes sense. Sort of a contouring effect, if you will. Finally, color showed up and off I went.

Then, when I got home, I was disappointed to see that the pretty pink was almost non-existent, but the brown (that had seemed fairly matte) was dirty and sparkly. Looked like every other bronzer I've ever tried: as if I'd smeared dirt on my face.

Oh, well. At least it wasn't as expensive as Benefit's 10!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Got this at Walmart for either $6 or $8 (can't remember which). I initially was eyeing the boxes with 4 colors, since I had seen emilynoel83 rave about them sooo much. But I went with this one in the end; I just couldn't pass it up!

Anywho, needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of these powders; the bronzer is quite silky smooth and pigmented, and it could perform effortlessly as an eyeshadow. It's more of a medium caramel toned shimmer, without a lot of gold undertones, which contrasts nicely with my cool toned PPP skin. The blush is a sweet satiny cool-toned pale pink. At first when I swatched it, it came off with low pigment and seemed entirely too chalky and dry (not powdery though). But I was pleased that it transferred BEAUTIFULLY onto the cheeks. I only had to use 2 passes of my brush to pick up enough pigment for one cheek. It's still a sheer color, but it lasts 4-5 hours before my skin eats it up, it glows on my cheeks, and (big YAY!) doesn't accentuate my pores!

The amount you get in this product is 5.7 grams (0.20 oz), about the size of a regular blush. The price point is just right, the packaging is absolutely DARLING (although when I first purchased it, the magnetic closure wouldn't snap shut, so I had to use tape at first in order for it to actually close; don't have that problem anymore though). Overall I really like this, and would recommend! This, along with the Glamouflage concealer, are my favorites from this brand!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by alexandramcke

I LOOOOOVE the packaging of this product. It is seriously so cute, and i just leave it on my desk or in a shelf sometimes because i love the way it looks. As for the product itself, it is extremely pigmented. I made the mistake of when i first used it taking WAY too much up on my brush. Speaking of brushes, it comes with this cute little brush, but it is virtually useless,and i do not use it. As i said, its very pigmented so you do not need a lot , and i would tap the access back in to the box as a lot of access comes off. I use the colors together , instead of using the pink as blush and bronze. It does give kind of a orangey color, but i put a bit of pressed powder on it, to make it look more natural. The bronze color is fairly shimmery, but it does not really show up on the skin. However, if you don't want that shimmery look, this is not the product for you. the pink is a nice baby pink and i think can compliment any skin tone. overall for the price, i think it is worth it. I was looking for a duo, and i know about the elf bronze and blush duo, but i cannot get my hands on it. I am not saying this is the same, but it is a fairly good duo. i'd give it a try if you are looking for an inexpensive blush bronzer duo.