MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

3.7

on 8/13/2015 3:53:00 AM

This being my first ever MAC product, i expected to see positive results. At first it was pretty good but then it started drying out my skin on the areas i applied it on, and for someone who hates shimmer and sparkles, discovering once i bought this product that it was shimmery, i was disappointed. I HATE SPARKLY MAKEUP! I wanted a more matte, natural finish, not be a resemblance to Edward Cullen. I've been using it still though for the past 8 months because i feel like i don't want to waste this $42 highlighter. I've reduced the areas i apply it to, so now i just put it long the bridge of my nose and one small line a few centimeters under my eyes (if i put it right under my eyes it creases). Would i buy this again? Hell no. Still on the hunt of a good matte highlighter though.

on 6/16/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a HG for me. Firstly this is not a concealer, it will not cover dark circles, it is a highlighter to reflect the light. This is how I use it, first I use mac Mineralize eye cream under eyes, then urban decay eye primer under (yes under) eyes, then spray of fix+, then orange corrector on the dark circles, then pro longwear concealer in NC20 under eyes in triangle (inner eye, nostril, outer eye), then foundation studio fix fluid in NC37, then this highlighter in same triangle, all blended with a damp beauty blender, then translucent powder immediately. Don't this way is creates a FLAWLESS under eye area, no darkness, light, bright and minimal creasing. Which all photographs beautifully. I'm on my 3rd and will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 5/26/2015 12:29:00 AM

It doesn't work for me :( I love the formula tho, but it does not highlight at all on my skin, maybe I didn't choose the right color, but for that price I think I'm not buying it again

on 5/5/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this but I didn't, I tried it on its own and it settled into my fine lines and looked dry and creepy, I tried it with a primer underneath and it didn't look as dry or settle as bad but I definitely didn't see the brightening effect I have read of and hoped for. Went right back.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this, I've been using it for a couple of months now and I would definitely repurchase,

it doesn't cover dark circles or anything which it's not supposed to do as it is a highlighter not really a concealer, so just beware if you're purchasing it for covering dark circles

But as a highlighter it really does brighten up my skin without it looking cakey so I would definitely recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Do not see the hype. NW20, It was too sheer and watery to be used as any type of concealer or highlight. It covered nothing, and did not brighten either. Instead it sat on top of the skin, dried quick and made me look cakey and dry. Blends into nothing. The packaging is horrible, takes forever for the product to come up, so you risk having too much come out. Pure crap, now I remember why I stopped buying MAC products .

I had my eye on this highlighter ever since kim k started using it. I really wanted to love this but honestly it makes your face
So much more cakeier. I use it for highlighting, just 1 twist and i feel so cakey afterwards eventhough i have clean normal skin. The coverage is high, to be honest i would just recommend maybelline age rewind. It does not make you cakey and it looks beautiful. Overall, i would not buy this product again

on 12/23/2014 8:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Fantastic concealor/highlighter... Quite a heavy cover you don't really need to use anything else with it... Doesn't settle into fine lines and really highlights the whole undereye area. Already repurchased once, the best ive tried. And ive tried a lot!

on 12/17/2014 11:09:00 AM

I just purchased this and trying to make this work. Only if it could be bit less drying. will try with some under eye serum and see if it works. I am not using this as concealer on my NC35 skin but definitely want to get that tringular glow every on is raving about... will see it this works for me...

on 11/12/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great color for highlighting, think Kim Kardashian. Light Boost is very light yellow and works as a highlighter on my NC30 skin, it's not shimmery at all more matte and also really opaque. It blends easily and I already repurchased this but I noticed that after a few hours of wear it starts to accentuate my dry skin and makes me look crepey (undereyes), this also creases if you don't set it with powder! So I'm a little on the fence with this, the color is perfect for what I want but I'm not so happy with the formula because it clings to dry skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv