October 26, 2014 | 998 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBritt33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really is such a great product, it doesn't break my skin out like others have before. Also it comes off very well at the end of the day when i wash my face, it's not oily and the perfect skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really liking this product. My favorite part of my makeup routine is contouring, it has an amazing way of changing up the whole look and slimming the face.
When I added this highlight pen to the routine, it upped the whole effect. It adds more dimension to the face, really bringing forward those highlighted features without screaming sparkles, all the while still being fresh and bright.
The formula is thin and easily blends and melts right where you need it be.
I apply my NYX HD concealer only where there is any darkness under my eye, blend, the go over top of that with this highlighter making the triangle under my eyes right down the sides of my nose, then top of nose, forehead, chin, all that jazz. And I just look so alive. Glowing really.
I also like the fact that you can go subtle or all out ( Kim K.) I didn't want to say it, she didn't invent the look, but didn't know how else to compare.
Most days I only lightly apply and still look amazingly bright without being like Hey! Look!, I love to contour and highlight! See See!
I don't bring the product right up to the lash line where creasing occurs, because the more product on the crease the more likely to get Creasing. But, when on light makeup day I skip concealer and just apply this and powder and get very very minimal creasing which is amazing to me because I have 1 wide deep crease under each eye, this allows me not to worry to much. I set with the ELF under eye setting powder. ( good stuff )
The price is high and you can never tell how much product is left. What will determine a repurchase is how long it will last, I don't apply makeup everyday so I'm hoping 7-12 months, if so defiantly repurchase. I do however like the pen type application. Easy peasy.
A-

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by TattooedPrncsz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a great yellow based highlighter that really adds that "something extra" to my undereye highlight looks. Not only does it add luminosity but it also has a sheer wash of concealing color to cancel out the dark circles. If you are looking to add something extra to your highlight routine, this is it. Ever since I bought this pen I have gotten so many compliments on my make-up, far more then any highligher powder has gotten me.

I apply this after I blend out my pro-longerwear concealer...I apply a triangle under my eye, a few lines up the tops of my cheeckbones and half way up my nose & at my cupids bow, I then follow up with a micro BB moistened with Fix+ and stipple it out lightly. I love how this makes my concealer look more realistic and really opens up my face. I top with either LM brightening powder or banana from my Anastasia contour kit. The product is a yellow liquid dispensed by the brush tip. It has a floral/soap smell to it but doesn't bother me at all when I apply. It comes in a pen tube that is black, no complaints there. This is a great product to have in your collection if your a highlight junkie!

The price is $26 for 0.12 fl oz. It can be a little expensive for some, but price never sways my opinion. This product does a duo job of sheer concealing and highlighting, with the pen you get percise application and the effect is well worth the price. I highly suggest checking this out. Its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

This product is amazing and I will never stop re purchasing it. If you like a dramatic Kim K highlight that's exactly what you'll get. looks so amazing on skin. worth all the money and this has lasted me for awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product for doing the Kim K under eye highlight look and it has a slight radiance and luminosity to the product which I tent to intensify with a highlighter on my cheekbones anyway. The shade light boost is very close to that of nc15 and similar to the pro long wear concealer but with less coverage so still use a lightweight under eye concealer at the same tine as light boost. Very good product, works wonders for my cheekbones and looks great on a night out. Highly recommend X

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by mkil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using this for a number of months now. It does provide a very beautiful under eye highlight for me (very fair, cool neutralish skin tone); however, it settles into fine lines like a doomsday theorist in a bunker. I have fine lines under my eyes towards the outer edges and directly on my lower lash line. I have tried using paint pots and a gazillion other types of primers and setting powders and nothing stops this from creasing and settling. I will not buy this again, and will continue to look for a under eye concealer/ highlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I bought this on a whim and I have no regrets!! This a click-y, pen-style concealer that only come in light colors because it's meant to be a highlighter at the same time. Light Boost is a matte, very light, true-yellow color, maybe around the NC10 range.

I like the formula and pigmentation, it's liquid-y but more pigmented than pen-style concealers. On my NC25 skin, the highlighting aspect is pretty subtle when I use it on my face (like on the bridge of my nose, between my brows, etc.), but much more evident when I use it on my undereye area. It really makes my skin pop and takes away the darkness instantly! It stays well (once you set it with some powder) and doesn't crease, as far as I can tell. One minor con is that 1-2 clicks keeps pushing out too much product for my undereye area to use, so you have to be careful about not wasting this product.

The price and amount of product you get is much more reasonable than pricier brands like Chanel and Dior, about $25 for 3.6 ml / 0.12 fl oz. I'll definitely rebuy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing i ever bought from MAC and did not like......I did not like this product its to watery for me and i had to use to much of the product just to c descent results (Bright Forecast )

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this highlighter brand new and am so disappointed. It took forever for the concealer to come out of the brush and the pen tip popped off and wasted a ton of product. Not only that, it never worked right again and leaked a lot. Hardly got any product on my face from the brush and even then it wasn't light enough and blended right in with my skin color. The MAC specialist said this would be the right color for my NW15 shade....not so. It is not light enough to be a highlighter for me! Very disappointed in this product and it will be returned. My $5 Maybelline Fit Me concealer does the job 10x better! I am big fan of Mac foundation, but this pen is just a big waste!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My current favourite highlighter. Im in NC25 and i have oily skin, previously i use Mineralise SkinFinish soft and gentle highlighter but i seem to have problem of going overboard when i use it, my face look too shiny. So i tried this one and it works well. I use it above and below my brows, on top my cheekbones, nose and chin. Highlight the area without looking too shiny. I use MAC 187 brush to blend the highlighter in.