April 19, 2014 | 1789 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I have been working with this product off and on for a month or so now and have to confess I don't find it all that impressive. Perhaps my love of the pro long wear concealer is the culprit, but I am not sure of the best way to use this. I use Armani's peach tinted under eye concealer if my darkness is really bad and then I use the pro long wear concealer to brighten things up. This seems to be a redundant product for me. Either that or I am not using it properly. I mean I have applied it to highlight my upper cheekbones and the center of my nose but ... I do that with the concealer, too. I suspect it is good for someone a bit younger than myself and the consistency is great but ... I like the MAC concealer in NC15 better for highlighting than this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30-35, yellow & warm

Love this product. Love that it is a light yellow based shade. I apply this on my bare face before foundation to highlight. Formula is creamy and smooth. It is not cakey.

As another reviewer stated, love the packaging but it sucks that you can't tell how much product you have left.

This product reminds me of Nyx's yellow liquid concealer but this Mac pen wins hands down because formula is easier to work with. Definitely would repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by titilayo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVEE LOVEE LOVEE This has become a daily part of my Foundation routine. I do mix it with my concealer and I'm NC50 in Mac terms lol But it reallly highlights my face beautifully. Its not heavy it's really light under the eyes. So its perfect for people who don't like to wear too much makeup and even more perfect for people who like to pack it on :D
If you guys want to see it in action Watch me do my Foundation Routine using it so you see what I mean!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer highlighter thing, I originally did not want to buy this coz it was £18 and I thought i would find a drugstore dupe, but I couldn't and I ended up wasting more money so I have in and bought this! It's like the best, I'm an nc35, it doesn't crease, blends beautifully, good coverage, long lasting blah blah blah sometimes I conceal with a light layer of collection 2000 lasting perfection and put this on top in a v shape to get that kim k contour! Absolutely amazing way better than the touché éclat go and buy it xo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Mellkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best concealer I have found. I'm NC25 with yellow tones. This is the ONLY concealer that does not crease under my eyes. It literally gets rid of bags as you blend it. A little goes far with this concealer. I use under my eyes, cheekbones and nose. Works as a great base for highlighters too. Great for contouring. Only bummer is the packaging because you have no idea when you are running out. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by caligrl7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim at my local MAC store and I am so glad I picked it. I'm a college student and I use this pen almost every single day. It definitely helps brighten up my tired eyes and gives the illusion that I've been well rested. Since the color is yellow based, it counteracts discoloration underneath the eyes while providing luminosity to help brighten up my face. The highlighting affect is very subtle, but adds just the right amount of brightness without looking too overdone, nor does it crease. The pen also works well with concealing minor blemishes and little flat discolored spots. I also use it to highlight the bridge of my nose and cheekbones. I can't say enough about it. Definitely one of my makeup staples! I've had this product for more than year and use it quite frequently. It lasts a long time so I do think the price is reasonable. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I absolutely, utterly love this highlighter! I'm an NC25 with very yellow-tones to my skin, and this highlighter gives me that Kim Kardashian brightening effect, counteracting any darkness on my face effectively. It's a twist-click pen with a brush, and you brush the product on the areas on your face you want to highlighter - typically I do around my nose, down the bridge of my nose, centre of my forehead and under my eyes. The highlighter has a creamy, non-runny consistency, and has a true yellow tone. No glitter or sparkles either thankfully!

I always apply it under my eyes after concealer - on it's own it has little coverage. I blend the highlighter using my beloved Beauty Blender. The highlighter works perfectly with Ben Nye's 'Banana' powder, honestly it's like the two products were made for each other! I always set the highlighter using the Banana powder, it sets the highlighter for the entire day and gives it a little more brightness. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Much to my surprise, Radiant Rose was coming off as too ashy on my NW20 skin. My next step was to try Light Boost. It didn't look ashy, but it did leave a white bright tinge on my face where I used it. I think that might be the problem for me with these highlighters....just too darn white based for my taste. I just found both shades too hard to make work on me regardless of how I used them. I really wanted to love these. I am not writing these reviews to bring down the rating, but it is my experience with them. I also just need a reminder not to try these...AGAIN.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Jessicamoore1424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this, its the perfect highlighter for every day work/ school. I've been looking for something like this to wear that looks natural and bright. I have bad dark circles so I cover up with concelar and add a little bit of this stuff under it, and it makes the world of a difference

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a yellow tone "highlighter". I purchased it with the intention of using it as a corrector for my undereyes. I asked the Mac girl if it would work for that purchase, she said yes and that it would not crease. She did mention it would be better to mix this into concealer.

First time i use it, i apply one layer of this followed by concealer. Before i even apply my concealer, this creased!!! omg.... I liked the colour because yellow toned correctors works best for my undereyes. Then I tried mixing this into Estee Lauder's double wear concealer which can be alittle dry on my dry skin. Perfect! This is a great combo for my dry panda undereyes. Estee Lauder's double wear concealer is so long lasting that even with this added in, it lasted all day without having to set with powder.

I don't like the applicator though. A squeeze tube like Select Coverup is my favourite kind of applicator. Sanitary with ease of use. Click based applicators tend to produce too much or too little product. I'm just really annoyed.