September 17, 2014 | 1736 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

This product is amazing and I will never stop re purchasing it. If you like a dramatic Kim K highlight that's exactly what you'll get. looks so amazing on skin. worth all the money and this has lasted me for awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product for doing the Kim K under eye highlight look and it has a slight radiance and luminosity to the product which I tent to intensify with a highlighter on my cheekbones anyway. The shade light boost is very close to that of nc15 and similar to the pro long wear concealer but with less coverage so still use a lightweight under eye concealer at the same tine as light boost. Very good product, works wonders for my cheekbones and looks great on a night out. Highly recommend X

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by mkil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using this for a number of months now. It does provide a very beautiful under eye highlight for me (very fair, cool neutralish skin tone); however, it settles into fine lines like a doomsday theorist in a bunker. I have fine lines under my eyes towards the outer edges and directly on my lower lash line. I have tried using paint pots and a gazillion other types of primers and setting powders and nothing stops this from creasing and settling. I will not buy this again, and will continue to look for a under eye concealer/ highlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I bought this on a whim and I have no regrets!! This a click-y, pen-style concealer that only come in light colors because it's meant to be a highlighter at the same time. Light Boost is a matte, very light, true-yellow color, maybe around the NC10 range.

I like the formula and pigmentation, it's liquid-y but more pigmented than pen-style concealers. On my NC25 skin, the highlighting aspect is pretty subtle when I use it on my face (like on the bridge of my nose, between my brows, etc.), but much more evident when I use it on my undereye area. It really makes my skin pop and takes away the darkness instantly! It stays well (once you set it with some powder) and doesn't crease, as far as I can tell. One minor con is that 1-2 clicks keeps pushing out too much product for my undereye area to use, so you have to be careful about not wasting this product.

The price and amount of product you get is much more reasonable than pricier brands like Chanel and Dior, about $25 for 3.6 ml / 0.12 fl oz. I'll definitely rebuy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing i ever bought from MAC and did not like......I did not like this product its to watery for me and i had to use to much of the product just to c descent results (Bright Forecast )

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this highlighter brand new and am so disappointed. It took forever for the concealer to come out of the brush and the pen tip popped off and wasted a ton of product. Not only that, it never worked right again and leaked a lot. Hardly got any product on my face from the brush and even then it wasn't light enough and blended right in with my skin color. The MAC specialist said this would be the right color for my NW15 shade....not so. It is not light enough to be a highlighter for me! Very disappointed in this product and it will be returned. My $5 Maybelline Fit Me concealer does the job 10x better! I am big fan of Mac foundation, but this pen is just a big waste!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My current favourite highlighter. Im in NC25 and i have oily skin, previously i use Mineralise SkinFinish soft and gentle highlighter but i seem to have problem of going overboard when i use it, my face look too shiny. So i tried this one and it works well. I use it above and below my brows, on top my cheekbones, nose and chin. Highlight the area without looking too shiny. I use MAC 187 brush to blend the highlighter in.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC 25 with terrible dark circles. This brightens conceals and evens out the darkness under my eyes without creasing. Bit expensive considering how little you get but a little goes a long way so I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Creamy, blends easily
- Brightens, adds a radiant glow to the skin

Cons:
- The price!! Wish it was cheaper as it runs out way too fast

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by winghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does it's job. Creamy and highlights. I always have a love and hate relationship with twistable highlighters or concealers. The product doesn't come out smoothly. So best way to do it is ... to twist a few times, push the product out onto the back of the hand and coat the brush evenly with the product, before putting it onto your face.