July 28, 2014 | 2238 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by mkil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using this for a number of months now. It does provide a very beautiful under eye highlight for me (very fair, cool neutralish skin tone); however, it settles into fine lines like a doomsday theorist in a bunker. I have fine lines under my eyes towards the outer edges and directly on my lower lash line. I have tried using paint pots and a gazillion other types of primers and setting powders and nothing stops this from creasing and settling. I will not buy this again, and will continue to look for a under eye concealer/ highlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I bought this on a whim and I have no regrets!! This a click-y, pen-style concealer that only come in light colors because it's meant to be a highlighter at the same time. Light Boost is a matte, very light, true-yellow color, maybe around the NC10 range.

I like the formula and pigmentation, it's liquid-y but more pigmented than pen-style concealers. On my NC25 skin, the highlighting aspect is pretty subtle when I use it on my face (like on the bridge of my nose, between my brows, etc.), but much more evident when I use it on my undereye area. It really makes my skin pop and takes away the darkness instantly! It stays well (once you set it with some powder) and doesn't crease, as far as I can tell. One minor con is that 1-2 clicks keeps pushing out too much product for my undereye area to use, so you have to be careful about not wasting this product.

The price and amount of product you get is much more reasonable than pricier brands like Chanel and Dior, about $25 for 3.6 ml / 0.12 fl oz. I'll definitely rebuy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing i ever bought from MAC and did not like......I did not like this product its to watery for me and i had to use to much of the product just to c descent results (Bright Forecast )

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this highlighter brand new and am so disappointed. It took forever for the concealer to come out of the brush and the pen tip popped off and wasted a ton of product. Not only that, it never worked right again and leaked a lot. Hardly got any product on my face from the brush and even then it wasn't light enough and blended right in with my skin color. The MAC specialist said this would be the right color for my NW15 shade....not so. It is not light enough to be a highlighter for me! Very disappointed in this product and it will be returned. My $5 Maybelline Fit Me concealer does the job 10x better! I am big fan of Mac foundation, but this pen is just a big waste!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My current favourite highlighter. Im in NC25 and i have oily skin, previously i use Mineralise SkinFinish soft and gentle highlighter but i seem to have problem of going overboard when i use it, my face look too shiny. So i tried this one and it works well. I use it above and below my brows, on top my cheekbones, nose and chin. Highlight the area without looking too shiny. I use MAC 187 brush to blend the highlighter in.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm an NC 25 with terrible dark circles. This brightens conceals and evens out the darkness under my eyes without creasing. Bit expensive considering how little you get but a little goes a long way so I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Creamy, blends easily
- Brightens, adds a radiant glow to the skin

Cons:
- The price!! Wish it was cheaper as it runs out way too fast

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by winghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does it's job. Creamy and highlights. I always have a love and hate relationship with twistable highlighters or concealers. The product doesn't come out smoothly. So best way to do it is ... to twist a few times, push the product out onto the back of the hand and coat the brush evenly with the product, before putting it onto your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I have been working with this product off and on for a month or so now and have to confess I don't find it all that impressive. Perhaps my love of the pro long wear concealer is the culprit, but I am not sure of the best way to use this. I use Armani's peach tinted under eye concealer if my darkness is really bad and then I use the pro long wear concealer to brighten things up. This seems to be a redundant product for me. Either that or I am not using it properly. I mean I have applied it to highlight my upper cheekbones and the center of my nose but ... I do that with the concealer, too. I suspect it is good for someone a bit younger than myself and the consistency is great but ... I like the MAC concealer in NC15 better for highlighting than this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc30-35, yellow & warm

Love this product. Love that it is a light yellow based shade. I apply this on my bare face before foundation to highlight. Formula is creamy and smooth. It is not cakey.

As another reviewer stated, love the packaging but it sucks that you can't tell how much product you have left.

This product reminds me of Nyx's yellow liquid concealer but this Mac pen wins hands down because formula is easier to work with. Definitely would repurchase!!