MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

3.7

on 5/5/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this but I didn't, I tried it on its own and it settled into my fine lines and looked dry and creepy, I tried it with a primer underneath and it didn't look as dry or settle as bad but I definitely didn't see the brightening effect I have read of and hoped for. Went right back.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this, I've been using it for a couple of months now and I would definitely repurchase,

it doesn't cover dark circles or anything which it's not supposed to do as it is a highlighter not really a concealer, so just beware if you're purchasing it for covering dark circles

But as a highlighter it really does brighten up my skin without it looking cakey so I would definitely recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Do not see the hype. NW20, It was too sheer and watery to be used as any type of concealer or highlight. It covered nothing, and did not brighten either. Instead it sat on top of the skin, dried quick and made me look cakey and dry. Blends into nothing. The packaging is horrible, takes forever for the product to come up, so you risk having too much come out. Pure crap, now I remember why I stopped buying MAC products .

I had my eye on this highlighter ever since kim k started using it. I really wanted to love this but honestly it makes your face
So much more cakeier. I use it for highlighting, just 1 twist and i feel so cakey afterwards eventhough i have clean normal skin. The coverage is high, to be honest i would just recommend maybelline age rewind. It does not make you cakey and it looks beautiful. Overall, i would not buy this product again

on 12/23/2014 8:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Fantastic concealor/highlighter... Quite a heavy cover you don't really need to use anything else with it... Doesn't settle into fine lines and really highlights the whole undereye area. Already repurchased once, the best ive tried. And ive tried a lot!

on 12/17/2014 11:09:00 AM

I just purchased this and trying to make this work. Only if it could be bit less drying. will try with some under eye serum and see if it works. I am not using this as concealer on my NC35 skin but definitely want to get that tringular glow every on is raving about... will see it this works for me...

on 11/12/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great color for highlighting, think Kim Kardashian. Light Boost is very light yellow and works as a highlighter on my NC30 skin, it's not shimmery at all more matte and also really opaque. It blends easily and I already repurchased this but I noticed that after a few hours of wear it starts to accentuate my dry skin and makes me look crepey (undereyes), this also creases if you don't set it with powder! So I'm a little on the fence with this, the color is perfect for what I want but I'm not so happy with the formula because it clings to dry skin.

on 10/10/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Really liking this product. My favorite part of my makeup routine is contouring, it has an amazing way of changing up the whole look and slimming the face.
When I added this highlight pen to the routine, it upped the whole effect. It adds more dimension to the face, really bringing forward those highlighted features without screaming sparkles, all the while still being fresh and bright.
The formula is thin and easily blends and melts right where you need it be.
I apply my NYX HD concealer only where there is any darkness under my eye, blend, the go over top of that with this highlighter making the triangle under my eyes right down the sides of my nose, then top of nose, forehead, chin, all that jazz. And I just look so alive. Glowing really.
I also like the fact that you can go subtle or all out ( Kim K.) I didn't want to say it, she didn't invent the look, but didn't know how else to compare.
Most days I only lightly apply and still look amazingly bright without being like Hey! Look!, I love to contour and highlight! See See!
I don't bring the product right up to the lash line where creasing occurs, because the more product on the crease the more likely to get Creasing. But, when on light makeup day I skip concealer and just apply this and powder and get very very minimal creasing which is amazing to me because I have 1 wide deep crease under each eye, this allows me not to worry to much. I set with the ELF under eye setting powder. ( good stuff )
The price is high and you can never tell how much product is left. What will determine a repurchase is how long it will last, I don't apply makeup everyday so I'm hoping 7-12 months, if so defiantly repurchase. I do however like the pen type application. Easy peasy.
A-

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great yellow based highlighter that really adds that "something extra" to my undereye highlight looks. Not only does it add luminosity but it also has a sheer wash of concealing color to cancel out the dark circles. If you are looking to add something extra to your highlight routine, this is it. Ever since I bought this pen I have gotten so many compliments on my make-up, far more then any highligher powder has gotten me.

I apply this after I blend out my pro-longerwear concealer...I apply a triangle under my eye, a few lines up the tops of my cheeckbones and half way up my nose & at my cupids bow, I then follow up with a micro BB moistened with Fix+ and stipple it out lightly. I love how this makes my concealer look more realistic and really opens up my face. I top with either LM brightening powder or banana from my Anastasia contour kit. The product is a yellow liquid dispensed by the brush tip. It has a floral/soap smell to it but doesn't bother me at all when I apply. It comes in a pen tube that is black, no complaints there. This is a great product to have in your collection if your a highlight junkie!

The price is $26 for 0.12 fl oz. It can be a little expensive for some, but price never sways my opinion. This product does a duo job of sheer concealing and highlighting, with the pen you get percise application and the effect is well worth the price. I highly suggest checking this out. Its worth it!

on 8/13/2014 9:14:00 PM

This product is amazing and I will never stop re purchasing it. If you like a dramatic Kim K highlight that's exactly what you'll get. looks so amazing on skin. worth all the money and this has lasted me for awhile.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv