December 21, 2014 | 1776 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by SianLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to swear by my stippling brush for my foundation as it gave a great coverage until the expert face brush came out, I now use this brush for my cream blush - as it fits perfectly in the pot and can easily be applied to the face evenly, this is overall a great brush is easy to clean and easy to use I've never had any problems with this brush apart from a few dents in the handle which I feel like is just through age and I'm probably in need of a new one, although these are great quality brushes for the price that they are.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

Love this brush!! Only thing is that I've brought this brush twice and it feel apart on me both times!! I was so mad the 2nd time it fell apart. Don't get me wrong this brush is wonderful that's why I re-brought it cause the love I had for it. After the 2nd time I said forget it, but I kinda want to buy it for the 3rd time. I am very good at taking care of all my makeup and makeup brushes so I know it wasn't from me being rough. The hairs wld just start coming out and before I knew it the brush was just apart and hairs everywhere. The brush does do your face justice!! Just purchase at your own risk! Lol

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really fantastic stippling brush. In particular, it's great at subtly applying cream blushes (that can get overwhelming otherwise), stippling on and blending through foundation, and I've recently discovered sweeping on a light, diffused highlight. It's not the *perfect* highlight brush, but I love that this has so many uses. For about a year this was my go-to foundation brush, but I have recently replaced it with the Sigma F82 for this purpose. I feel I get a slightly more diffused finish with the Sigma. The Stippling Brush has since been repurposed for highlight. My only real gripe is that the handle is *so* bulky it's difficult to store in with other brushes.

Pros:
* good, even bristle dispersion
* flexible for many uses
* great price
* durable (through regular washing and daily spot cleaning)

Cons:
* really bulky handle
* a little big for highlight

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 4073

Best brush ever. Multipurpose, but I use this for my liquid foundation. It gives such a natural finish to my skin and I could not imagine applying my makeup in any other way. It is soft, but not too soft. Great quality bristles and just over-all great for the $.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes its cheaper than MAC but this brush not dense enough. Too thin and floppy which creates too much "give" and poor control. I can't get the air brushed finish with the Real Techniques I can get with the MAC 130/187/188 brushes.

I can work with a floppy brush but what is unforgivable in my book is the sharp hairs. People rave about its softness, which it mostly is, but mine has about 4 or 5 prickly sharp hairs which are painful. When I first tested it and found it painfully prickly all over I inspected it up close and noticed some of the thick black guard hairs were longer than the rest and thought that was the problem, so I spent ages carefully snipping them down to size to match the others (this is super hard to do without removing any white hairs but I managed it with help) and this helped with 80% of the problem. But I'm still getting a few hairs prickling painfully so I never use this horrible brush.

Why am I complaining about prickling?? Its not only unpleasant but actually causes micro tears in the skin and blood vessels, leading to increasing redness and skin damage over time. Even if you don't have sensitive skin I sure bet you want to look beautiful not red and damaged broken capillaries in your cheeks.

I have other brushes that are 100% soft from the Real Techniques I love (Buffing Brush, Blush Blush - I have several of each). So I believed in them and thought the prickling was a one off dud. I then ordered a second single brush plus a third that came in a kit. But sadly ALL THREE brushes have the same PRICKLY hairs amongst soft ones. I'm stuck with 3 useless brushes. I think this particular brush has poor quality control and do NOT recommend, I suggest if you have sensitive skin try something else.

One example to rival the MAC 130, is the ELF "SMALL Stippling brush". Its firm but is the smaller one so not so great for foundation but does cream blushes and cream highlighters beautifully. I actually found it better than MAC because the MAC shed on me, and the ELF didn't, plus it only cost $3!! Way cheaper than both MAC and Real Techniques. I do say with the E.L.F. you will get a dud every now and again with the heads coming loose but they are so cheap so it pays to buy a couple and at least one will last you the test of time. BUT I only recommend getting the "SMALL" ELF Stippling brush not the "Regular" larger one, as the regular one is its floppy like the Real Techniques, ie not that great and you it will probably end up sitting in a drawer.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by uxi

Most people probably use it for foundation, but I actually use it for applying and blending in blush. Although I don't wear blush often, when I do, it must look like a natural flush and not a baboon's derriere. This is the perfect tool for grabbing a "just enough" amount of blush and then gently depositing it on your cheek. Plus, it is a far cleaner approach then applying cream blush with your fingers. If you are in Australia, you can get it online for less than half the retail price instores.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is perfect for applying liquid foundation. I have dry skin so I have dry patches on my skin and I have some redness. This brush prevents the clinging to dry patches and eliminates the redness. It's a really good price too. I have used it with both mid-end and drugstore foundations and it gives me wonderful results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this brush. I was my first real techniques purchase and I couldn't be happier.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is such a great brush! And the fact that it's pink makes it perfect to me. Stipple on the product and buff it in. Gives a flawless finish without looking cakey at all. Super dense, but with a soft touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Drod5551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush, I use it to apply mineral blusher and really love the effect it gives , I prefer this to my mac 116.