Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I first purchased this brush I instantly wanted to do a first impression video (which I have attached below to this review) and it wasn't exactly my favourite brush. This is simply because I have acne scars and the occasional breakout. If you have skin that is already somewhat close to flawless, then I'd recommend this brush for you. It gives a soft and subtle airbrushed look which I really love but it gives barely any coverage which is something that I really look for. For these reasons, I've started using this brush to apply my blush instead! I've really enjoyed using it like that instead, it really makes your blush go on super nicely.

I've had this brush for 4 years. I can't find a use for it. I don't find that it applies any kind of base in a manner that isn't streaky or dotty. This brush is simply to stiff to do the job it's made for. Just a general waste of money for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Liked it while I had it. Used it regularly for just over a year with washings every 1-3 weeks depending on how often I used it. I often felt it didn't give full coverage or added a "dotty" texture to my foundation. In November, it completely fell apart one day while I was washing it - the hairs started shedding, and then the entire brush head fell out of the handle! It seemed that the ferrule wasn't pinched enough to really hold all the hairs in, and there was hardly any glue at the base. I don't know what happened, because I am careful to not get water in the ferrule - I dry my brushes upside down, I do not soak them in water, etc etc. So I will not be repurchasing this brush and will probably avoid the flared ferrules from RT in the future just in case.

That said, RT has actually been fabulous about it. I tweeted about the broken brush, mostly just sad that it was dead, and they replied and told me to get into contact with Customer Service - so I did, and while it's taken a little while (probably due to holidays), I just received a $20 coupon code from them! And I love plenty of their other products so I am very pleased :)

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love the colour, love the handle, love the other realtech brushes, just bot this one, its useless. Time consuming, hard to blend, and bush is so sparse and not smooth enough for me its not comfortable using this on my face feels weird 😂

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

i rarely use this, but only because i rarely have any use for a stippling brush. most liquid/cream products i blend out with my miracle complexion sponge (by the same brand). however, for cream bronzer/blush, this is my go to brush. i've had it for probably around 2 years at this point! because i don't use it too regularly i don't need to wash it every week or even every month, but i've never seen it shed. i used to use it to buff foundation in around my nose and into my hairline after applying it with a flat paddle brush or buffing brush, and it worked really well, however my skin has gotten a lot more dry so i prefer a sponge for it, as it doesn't tug on my skin like any brush will. it didn't leave streaks, it's small enough to get into crevices but not so small you're stuck blending for hours. a lovely brush!

Its great

Like any other real techniques brush, I love this to the core! The bristles did not shed off even after multiple washes. I use this for my cream blush and liquid foundation. This is definitely worth the purchase and I don't see ever using other brands of stippling brush.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The reason I gave this product 2 lippies is because I just hate stippling brushes. Real Technique brushes are great. They never shed. They blend well. But this brush disappointed me. I tried two methods. I first used circular motions. And then I tried stippling it. Both methods left streaks on my face. I had to buff it all out with a makeup sponge afterwards. It took up too much of my time. I would rather just use the beauty blender.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really love this for foundation - for everything else it's too stiff.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly don't like this brush. There's nothing wrong with the build and quality of the bristles; I actually really like the RT aesthetic. The brushes have a good weight which makes it feel a lot more high-end than the actual price implies.

I just haven't found a way to make this brush work for me. It is way too streaky for foundation, too patchy and streaky for cream blush, concentrates too much colour for powder blush, and too dense to highlight with. FYI for cheeks I really like for the product to be diffused. I just don't like how product applies with this brush. I will probably put it in the hands of someone who will appreciate it more. Til then, its going to collect dust :/

Popular Makeup Brushes