October 25, 2014 | 1538 users online

Makeup Brushes - Louise Young - Large foundation brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this and i'm loving it for foundation. I didn't expect to like it but its great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by papaliti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a make up expert but this brush makes my life so much easier ... It is super soft and big enough for flawless foundation application in 1 minute max. I use it with Sisley oil free foundation and the combo really rocks. It does not absorb product, I need 2 to 3 pumps, brush brush brush and I am ready to go...a true gem..yes it needs cleaning once a week, I clean it with Apivita's foaming face cleanser ( oil and lavender I think) and I am very satisfied with the results. Soft, keeps its shape and softness. 5/5

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lalila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In my quest for the perfect foundation brush, I tried the very praised LY 34. I read so many positive reviews on that brush, that I went ahead and bought it.
the brush performs well and leave me streak free.
But the quest continues...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Count me in! I love love love this brush. I use it for my foundation and it spreads evenly, no blank areas lol. It's got a great handle, long enough and with good weight.

it's well built and has lasted me awhile with heavy usage. It is not cheap but not on the nose bleed scale either.

excellent brush, will repurchase if I lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush has blown me away! Its truly a make-up artist in a brush....it does the work for you; at least when it comes to foundation application. It applies foundation in a thin coat but applies it very evenly. The application process is itself a pleasure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation brush! Yes, its big but when using this it really doesn't feel that big. I think its because it is tapered to a sort of point - great for getting into small spaces :o) Its super soft, which is a huge bonus as it doesn't fluff up any dry areas I may have (so highly recommended if you want to use a brush but have dry skin). I do not find it too hard to clean - it dries over night, although I have found I need to wash it after almost every use or two, or streaking will occur. No shedding either. Great brush for using it like a paddle brush, or as a buffing brush. Doesn't grab too much foundation either, so hardly any waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by clebuuk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing brush!! This is my HG of foundation brushes now and I just love it. It makes foundation application so fast, you can literally put it on in seconds because of the size of the brush, and you don't get any streak marks. I expected because of it's size that I'd need another brush to do smaller areas, around the nose etc, but this brush does it all because of the tapered shape. My Mac traditional foundation brush has been relegated now and even stippling doesn't come close to how smooth this goes on, my foundation has never looked so good. If it has one downside, it's that it does need cleaning quite often. I wash my brushes every week and I find that by day 7 it's starting to leave streaks, but once it's had a wash it's back to being perfect so I can't complain. It's quite pricey, but not if you're used to paying for Mac brushes, and this is much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Rebellaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got them all: Dior, Chanel, Mac, Estee Lauder, Sigma, Real Techniques, you name it. But nothing compares to the LY34! This is a real HG for me. I love it so much, I bought 3 of them. I use one for the fondation, one for the bronzer (soleil tan de chanel which is another HG for me that I cannot live without) and another one for blush (sometimes). I feel like I wanna buy so many of this brush in case will discontinue it lol. For me it is the best foundation brush out there. I can't say enough good things about this brush. Fantastic finish, top quality, highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow SO soft!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by woot12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good foundation brush, probably the best one out there. One may be overwhelmed by its size but it is tapered so it can go into the crevices of the face. It is synthetic so its great for liquid foundations and the application leaves no need for blending mainly because the bristles are so soft and the brush is firm and dense.
The only down side is that the brush is heavy and if you relax the hand the brush would naturally tilt.
Overall it is a brush that should be a staple in anyone's kit.