Trader Joe's Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

4.6

on 8/17/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Jojoba oil, any type is a liquid wax that never goes bad, so you don't have to worry about an expiration date

It removes make up cleans and softens your face

I use this oil all over my body and face

It is one of the best

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff is the real deal and all natural which is why I like it.

on 8/6/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Opps, I reviewed jojoba oil before on some other listing but it's Trader Joe's brand I use. I had tried this previously on my face but *generally* I don't use it there because I do break out easily and I can't really be sure if oil and certain products make it worse (I know for sure some ingredients do, while others I'm not sure about. It could just be coincidence because I break out regardless). However, I think this is relatively safe and I do occasionally use just a drop or two if I'm really dry or mix it with moisturizer. I'm also unsure if it moisturizes or is a more drying oil on the face, since I tend to use it when I become overly dry from acne treatments so it's hard to tell. It supposedly mimics the sebum in your face so you don't over produce it. I know a lot of people with acne who use benzyl peroxide love to add jojoba afterwards. But you do have to be careful not to overdo it if you are especially clog prone, which is the case with almost anything thicker/oil based.

I do really like this for an eye make up remover and also for a lipstick remover, which I REALLY find is the best use. I can buy other eyemakeup removers but I specifically love the feel of this on the lips (probably more than the eyes.) So many of those products are so drying or weird feeling and leave an ashy look behind on the skin. This is nice and nourishing.

I also use this on areas I "maybe shouldn't have messed" with that become big ugly sore spots that scab over. I feel like a dab of jojoba helps heal them. I use first aid ointment too, but I think this helps nourish and heal them up with less scaring. I used to think it caused new pimples nearby the scab but I've found popping is what causes new pimples, regarless of what I put on them afterwards. I've bought this many times. I really like it and it's a great value for the price.

on 6/4/2015 1:45:00 AM

Love it, I use it to take my make-up off and doesn't irritate my skin or leave it greasy.

I have combination skin, so my T-zone is oily and my cheeks are drier. I used to not use any face wash to avoid putting chemicals on my skin but now that it's summer, my face gets sticky. So I purchased an organic face wash but that dried out my skin and made my T zone oilier and my dry spots drier.

I theorized that my face was shinier looking because it was over producing, so my friend told me about using jojoba oil as moisturizer. I was skeptical about putting oil on top of oil, but it turns out that because of the jojoba oil soaking into my skin and moisturizing it, my face doesn't over produce its own oils.

Jojoba oil sinks into the skin and leaves a subtle sheen, nothing like the shininess of my natural face oil. My skin looks and feels a lot better now. If you are against putting chemicals on or in your body, this is a great option.

What I do is put a few drops in my face wash and wash my face with that. After drying my face off, I rub in a few more drops of jojoba oil and it keeps my skin very moisturized and soft. I do not use makeup but due to its oiliness, I think it would be a great makeup remover.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is an early review. I've only used this once but very satisfied with the results. I'm someone with reactive skin. Most products that don't agree w/ my skin will show negative signs fairly quickly. Rarely for me, do products cause a problem w/ continued use. But, there is always a possibility. My journey with face oils was a bumpy one. I've tried a lot of different ones and wasn't content with the results. I slowly eased a concealer into my routine that contained jojoba oil. I would use it every other day, then started to use it daily to monitor any reactions. The concealer wasn't causing any clogged pores or breakouts. I used this concealer for a month. Still, I was scared to use 100% jojoba oil all over. I decided to buy this yesterday and test it out as my night moisturizer. Immediately, I fell in love with the feeling of this oil. THIS DOES NOT FEEL LIKE OIL! It vanishes into the skin right away leaving no residue behind, just smooth soft skin. So thankful for this because I have oily skin that can get dehydrated. This oil hydrates perfectly without making me feel greasy. The next morning, I woke up to glowing skin without any new blemishes. Fingers crossed but I think this will be a home run!
UPDATE: I've been using this AM & PM as my primary moisturizer for about two weeks now and I'm very happy. This product has actually improved my skin. Redness and the two small acne scars on my left cheek appear to be getting smaller. I don't get as much clogged pores now since using this.

on 1/25/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I use this as a makeup remover and as a moisturizer in the winter. As a makeup remover, I warm up 2-3 drops in my palms, massage into my skin, then gently wipe off with a damp tissue. In the winter, I wash with Mario Badescu's enzyme cleansing gel, dry my skin, then apply about 3 drops of oil all over my face and neck. (Again, I warm it up in my palms and use my hands to work it in.) Surprisingly, it never looks greasy, although it may feel a bit oily before it absorbs. I am cautious, so I wash again in the morning before I apply makeup, but I really think I could get away with just applying primer and then applying makeup;

on 11/28/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been buying this product for years, after hearing that it doesn't break out acne-prone skin. At first I was skeptical, after years of being told all products must be oil-free and attempting to "dry my acne out" - only to end up with dry, wrinkled skin by age 20!

Well, this product has completely normalized my skin. It is neither oily nor dry now, I rarely get pimples save for a few on my jawline and lower cheeks once a month, and those wrinkles I had are a thing of the past (for now at least - I am 30 but taking excellent care of my skin!). I switched my focus from killing acne to maintaining good skin, and cut out benzoyl peroxide (which I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to since it swelled my eyes shut several times, but I kept using it nonetheless - dumb, I know!).

Ironically, drying out my skin only made it oilier, but applying oils makes it normal! I have tried several other, much more expensive botanical oils, such as argan and Fresh Seaberry, but they are no better than jojoba oil for me (in fact, I find argan oil isn't nearly moisturizing enough)! Rosehip oil is also beneficial, but it made me break out.

I use this jojoba oil to remove my eye makeup at night, and also under my Josie Maran SPF moisturizer and makeup in the morning. I never would have thought to use it on my hair, but after reading some reviews I will try it! I have waist-length hair that quickly gets oily at the scalp but dry at the ends, and I think this could really help. Coconut oil is too greasy; I only use it as a mask prior to washing my hair when I'm home alone on a Sunday.

I recommend this product 100% to anyone. It has completely changed my approach to skin care, and I only wish I had heard about it sooner!

on 8/16/2014 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A really nice oil. I used to use an oil from Clarins and wanted to try something less expensive. I use this principally for two purposes; make up remover and moisturizer and it works great for both purposes. My skin is normal to dry.

Pros:
-absorbs very well into skin for an oil
-has never made me break out
-makes my skin glow and moisturizes really well

To remove make up, I warm up a few drops of oil in the palms of my hand and then massage it all over my face. Then I take 1/2 of a clean baby wipe and wipe everything off. I don't want oil on a wash cloth and want to minimize any residual in my sink. Takes everything off and doesn't irritate my eyes.

However you are going to feel some residual oil around your eyes so if you like a really clean feeling around the eyes go with a traditional eye make up remover like Lancome Bi-Facil.

I've tried MANY moisturizers many don't do the job, leave me feeling greasy, or cause me to break out. But this product is amazing, it leaves my face feeling supple and soft, it soaks into my skin within minutes. This is the best my skin has ever looked and felt even in terms of my acne. I had terrible acne a few years back I started birthcontrol for my acne and for other medical reasons and it got rid of about 85% of my acne. This surprisingly enough has cleared up the other 15%. If you have dry skin or even combination skin. This is the best moisturizer. Yes it is an oil so it is possible to apply too much a drop or two maybe there is enough for me whole face and neck I just apply it into my palm warm up the oil in between my hand and using a patting and gentle rubbing motion apply it . This is a must have for everything! It's so versatile.