October 24, 2014 | 1691 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Trader Joe's - Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A really nice oil. I used to use an oil from Clarins and wanted to try something less expensive. I use this principally for two purposes; make up remover and moisturizer and it works great for both purposes. My skin is normal to dry.

Pros:
-absorbs very well into skin for an oil
-has never made me break out
-makes my skin glow and moisturizes really well

To remove make up, I warm up a few drops of oil in the palms of my hand and then massage it all over my face. Then I take 1/2 of a clean baby wipe and wipe everything off. I don't want oil on a wash cloth and want to minimize any residual in my sink. Takes everything off and doesn't irritate my eyes.

However you are going to feel some residual oil around your eyes so if you like a really clean feeling around the eyes go with a traditional eye make up remover like Lancome Bi-Facil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Ciabornebabyx3

I've tried MANY moisturizers many don't do the job, leave me feeling greasy, or cause me to break out. But this product is amazing, it leaves my face feeling supple and soft, it soaks into my skin within minutes. This is the best my skin has ever looked and felt even in terms of my acne. I had terrible acne a few years back I started birthcontrol for my acne and for other medical reasons and it got rid of about 85% of my acne. This surprisingly enough has cleared up the other 15%. If you have dry skin or even combination skin. This is the best moisturizer. Yes it is an oil so it is possible to apply too much a drop or two maybe there is enough for me whole face and neck I just apply it into my palm warm up the oil in between my hand and using a patting and gentle rubbing motion apply it . This is a must have for everything! It's so versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Gabyayo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a great purchase! It works great as an eye make up remover, as well as a hair moisturizer. I tried using it to cleanse my face (the oil cleansing method), but it just made me break out. That's probably because it's oil. The price is pretty good, and id definitely recommend it to anyone. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by sparklepop

This is everything I dreamed it would be and more!

I think jojoba oil was made for skin like mine. I have combination skin that tends toward the dry side in the cheeks and gets just barely oily in the T-zone. I don't break out very often, but when I do it's always hormonal breakouts in the T-zone.

I bought this jojoba oil from Trader Joe's and added it to my normal routine as a moisturizer. I wash with Cetaphil gentle cleanser and exfoliate lightly with a microfiber cloth, then pat a few drops of jojoba oil into my skin. It soaks right in within a minute or two.

After about a week of use, my skin has NEVER looked so good. It's glowing, radiant, supple, and smooth, with even texture and tone. The jojoba oil has balanced out my combination skin and the PMS breakout I had has healed up in record time.

After seeing what it did for my skin, I decided to try it in my hair. I have thick, coarse, unruly, curly/wavy hair (think Lorde). I have read all the raves for coconut oil for hair like mine and tried it in various ways (as a deep conditioning treatment, as a leave in) with little to no success. Although my hair is so dry and porous that it can soak up nearly anything without looking greasy, coconut oil inevitably turns it into an oil slick, and doesn't leave it feeling soft - just oily and limp. By contrast, jojoba oil soaks right in and moisturizes my hair without weighing it down.

I have tried jojoba oil in a couple different ways for my hair. I have used it to give myself a scalp massage, pre-shampoo, which works great and seems to condition my flaky scalp. Today I added a couple tiny drops to my leave-in treatment, and my hair has been SO silky and soft I couldn't stop touching it. This is *unheard of* for my coarse hair!

I can really see why people make a big deal about jojoba oil imitating your body's natural oils. It sinks right into my skin, unlike all of the lotions and creams I have tried. My hair tends to feel softest when it has some natural oils in it (I achieve this by using sulfate-free shampoo and/or co-washing) and just a couple of drops of jojoba oil in my hair seems to give it that same softness.

I look forward to seeing how it works as a moisturizer for my scaly elbows and heels. I suspect it will be great.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this, especially if you have hair or skin that is similar to mine. If you have sensitive skin, I would proceed with caution.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by piratecris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best jojoba at the best price. I use it for everything - hair moisturizing, nighttime facial moisturizer, scar treatment, makeup removal, as a part of body butter recipes, aftershave, cuticle oil, etc. A little definitely goes a long way. Have purchased multiple times and will happily keep doing so. My only complaint is that the packaging gets messy and WILL spill in this container while traveling. To remedy this, I just dispense it in a dropper bottle and go on my merry way. Absolutely one of my staples!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I love this! I use daily. Apply a few drops to a DAMP cotton pad to remove all my makeup. I wear concealer, powder, (sometimes) blush, brow powder, TONS of mascara, and lip balm, nude lipstick and lip gloss. This oil removes it all quickly and cleanly, without irritating my sensitive clog-prone skin and easily redenned eyes. Love.

UPDATE; been using this for two months, still in love. Helps clear up my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by AyoC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely would re- purchase. I use this at nights sometimes mixed with my face moisturizer as my night treatment. I also make a hot oil treatment with it, coconut oil and Jamaican castor oil for my tresses. It's an amazing light oil to use all around. The closets to our skin and hairs natural sebum. Great to reinforce!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I heard it was good for your hair, but it just sat for a long time and I never really used it. A couple months ago, I started using it to remove my eye makeup and it works out pretty well. But just recently, my hair has gotten really coarse, especially the ends of my hair. So I started using a deep conditioner on the ends of my hair after my regular conditioner, and this Jojoba oil after my shower. I apply it to my towel dried hair, on the ends and work it through. At first, there wasn't much of a difference but it's been a couple weeks now, and I'm started to see more of a result. Now, the ends of my hair are a lot less coarse. They still don't feel "great", but this has made a difference for sure. I will continue using this and hope that my hair feels better and better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Nadzik88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I just started using this product yesterday. After exfoliating and cleansing my face I applied a few drops to the tips of my fingers, rubbed them together to spread it a bit, and patted the oil onto my face. It wasn't greasy at all. My skin absorbed it immediately. So far so good I woke up with super soft skin. I will update in a few weeks to notify any of any changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

cant use it on my face because jojoba oil breaks me out but i love love love it as an eye makeup remover. i apply this smear it around and remove with a sensitive unscented baby wipe. love.