July 30, 2014 | 1851 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique,Summer 2011

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Rashmithomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale last year at my local chemist. I have always loved JPG Classique (it is my go-to fragrance). I simply love this. Its like a slightly lighter version of the original JPG but still with that beautiful, talc-like, clean scent. I find the packaging absolutely gorgeous too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by danai

This doesn't seem to be available in my country yet, but I received it as a gift from a lovely family member who recently visited NYC. Apparently, every year JPG comes up with a different special edition of Classique especially for the summer. Of course, I'm exactly the type of person to be super excited about some gimmicky move like this, but in this case the product is worth you time, at least in my opinion.
Now this is a very light airy fragrance; it really does smell very summery, BUT it doesn't contain any of the cliches you'd expect: no coconut, mango, exotic or marine notes here. This is reminds me of a warm summer in a mediterranean village (trust me,I come from one). According to fragrantica.com, this contains notes of african orange flower, rose (top), jasmine, ylang ylang (middle), musk and vanilla (base). What I personally smell in this is a gentle light mix of honeysuckle, orange flower, vanilla and summer breeze. While I'm a huge fan of heavy vanilla (the rest of my reviews will tell you this), Classique S11 is a very welcome change and a very appropriate one for the warmer months.
The bottle is fantastic; the classic female figure, this time embellished with what is supposed to be "maui tattoos". My only gripe is that the can that contains it can be a little tricky to open,so I have to be extra careful and gentle each time in fear of somehow damaging the bottle. Of course, if unlike me you have no space issues, you can just have the bottle alone on your vanity, it really is a beautiful thing to look at.
100 ml of this were about 65-70 dollars at Macy's in NYC, which is very reasonable for a high end fragrance. Even though I would in a heartbeat, I doubt I'll have the chance to buy this again, as 100 ml will probably last me through the summer, but I'll definitely be checking out the special editions of this every summer from now on.
All in all when everyone in my country is drenched in Bronze Goddess yet again this summer, I'll be enjoying this baby.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No