November 29, 2014 | 923 users online

Makeup Brushes - Christian Dior - Powder foundation brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Dior brush sheds like crazy...always black hairs on my face - returned it after two weeks. I had used it daily and washed it twice hoping that I would find the shedding to stop - but sadly, this brush is not a keeper!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I can't believe the good reviews. I got this at SDM in Canada. I've been sold a fake palette by SDM before (logo was wrong, colours were wrong, pans all coming off, already used !!!) so it may be that I was sold fake brushes too? IDK. I bought this in holiday brush set at SDM last yr-- same one as depicted in the pic here. The hairs come off and have been since I first got it. Also a bit scratchy--not as bad as some Estee brushes which are the ultimate in terrible brushes--but still bad. I wash v gently in fact with this I basically used microfibre cloth to wipe it since it was balding so badly. Terrible brush imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Beloved92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best brushes ever!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by conceal4ever

This is a very high quality brush. The brush hairs are lush, dense and natural. the handle is made with a heavy wood with embossed CD logo on it (I've attached an image, there is an alternative version with a metal handle), and it comes with a black velvet sleeve that is very discreet and portable. When freshly washed the brush is a dream to work with; the hairs are light, fluffy, and provides an amazing coverage. The only problem is that after only one use the powder gets stuck in its very dense hairs and the brush becomes a stiff and less easy to work with. So unless you're very good with your brushes and wash them all the time, this brush is very high maintenance. It's also a bit on the pricey side, but not surprising since it is a Dior brush. I don't think that I would buy this again if I lost it or needed to replace this due to normal wear and tear. I would go with the Shisheido Powder brush instead - the hairs on the Shiseido brush are longer much easier to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! I use it with my Priori mineral powder foundation and it is perfect. It doesn't shed, bristles are soft

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

This is by far my favorite foundation brush. I know it says powder foundation but it works great with liquid foundations. I use it with the dior airflash spray foundation, spray a few times on the top then buff it on. The finish is amazing! I also find that I am using less product with this brush. When you first get it it will shed a bit, but not too bad. I also use it after to apply my setting powder. It may be expensive but you will get a lot of great uses out of it. I am usually very happy with the quality of dior products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

Love this brush, i actually have 2 of them and works like a charm to apply powder foundations (love) and also liquid and cream foundations, i also use for apply finishing powders and works as good as well.
Really worth the investment, and still cheaper than M-A-C brushes here in europe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by yasjin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best brush i have ever purchased! yes it may be abit on the pricey side (24), but it is definitely worth every penny. I use this for my liquid foundation (dior) and it goes on perfectly and it seems that i need less product when using this brush! gives an airbrushed looked! ive also tried it with my powders and blushes and again it works great. the brush itself is really dense yet very soft! looks great and comes in a nice velvet package. 100% would recommend this brush you wont be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by maebytonight

As I've got oily skin, I stick to using strictly mineral powder face makeup -- I have been switching back and forth between BareMinerals and PurMinerals. That being said, the brush I have been using to apply my face makeup has been the Christian Dior powder foundation brush. The bristles are the perfect length and are very dense, dispensing the full coverage. The handle is also very steady and substantial, well-made, etc. As it's Christian Dior, it's rather pricey, but well worth it if you can splurge for the investment. It is one of my favourite makeup bag items and shudder to think of going back to a generic or drugstore foundation brush. It also comes with a lovely case, keeping the rest of the makeup in your bag off of it. I wash the brush very regularly with MAC's makeup brush cleanser, and hang it bristles-down to dry. It has held up amazingly after months of every day use, and does not shed.

I highly recommend this brush to anyone who applies powder or mineral foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

I can't say enough good things about this full flat top brush. It's my absolute HG and I am going to buy a second one in case Dior ever decides to discontinue this gem. It's meant to apply Dior nude loose powder/powder foundation, however I only use it to apply liquid foundation. It's perfect at that. It provides air-brushed even coverage with every single liquid foundation that I own. It's great at blending, buffing, spreading the foundation over the face etc etc. Like with any foundation brush, coverage is not really sheer but I am not really looking for sheer coverage when I use a brush. If I need sheer coverage, then I just apply foundation with my fingers. Minor points - it does shed and it's quite expensive (but then again Mac is probably even more expensive). If I remember correctly it retails for 33 euros here, in the Netherlands. I LOVE this brush and can't imagine my make-up routine without it :-) I have 4 regular foundation brushes, which I used to be happy with, but I am ready to bin them as they are nothing compared to this Dior brush! UPDATE Before buying a back-up, I am going to try Sigma F80, which looks similar and has fantastic reviews. Besides it's twice as cheap and I get quite annoyed with the hair fall-out I get from Dior! UPDATE Sigma F80 is fabulous and no annoying fall-out! I am afraid Dior has lost lots of points, thought I still love the brush but I have noticed that I reach for Sigma more often than for Dior :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No