August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Cleansers - YSA Botanica Papaya Whitening Soap

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The YSA Botanica 2-in-1 with Kojic Acid is very similar to the original one - it just has Kojic on it.

I think it works. I don't know. I've only used it for 1 day. But if it works or not, doesn't matter.

It contains parabens.

So, if you're that kind of person who hates parabens or would rather stay in the safe side, then don't buy this.

Would I buy this again?

Probably not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

I bought this for $3AU at my local asian grocery store. I am 47 with combination and large pores that tend to get blocked quite easily so I was looking for a foaming cleanser to use on days when I am not wearing makeup. The ingredients in this supposedly are: papaya, lavender, vegetable soap base. Instructions say to lather soap and apply thoroughly leave on skin for two minutes and rinse thoroughly. It also says you might experience a slight tingling or prickly sensation. I haven't found this at all. A lot of people have said that Likas Papaya soap is drying and I haven't found the YSA soap to be drying, even after leaving it on my face for well over 3 minutes and not moisturising afterwards. This is a good basic soap that cleans my skin without stripping it. It's too early to say whether it has any whitening properties but it does lightly exfoliate my skin. I find it's best to wipe my face with a wet facecloth as well as splasing with water in order to get rid of any residue. All in all, 3 bucks well spent.