April 21, 2014 | 950 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - NatureLuxe Lip Balm in Anemone

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This gloss-balm has a great feel on lips. It's smooth, not waxy or dry, but also not slippery or greasy. Texture-wise this is a winner for me. Colour-wise, I'm not as in love with it. It's a red with very slight coral/orangey tones. I prefer a more orangey red than this. Once it wears off a bit it goes a little too pink-red for my liking.

To summarize, great texture, blah colour. Also, Cover Girl tests on animals so I would not repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like that this is a tinted balm. I didn't think much color would show up, so I tried Anemone. One swipe gives a good shine, but you have to layer it a couple of times to get the color to show. I'm giving it 4 lippies because I didn't like that when you're putting on the product, it doesn't stay in place. Instead, it wiggles around inside, waiting to break. I accidentally left it in my coat, when I put it in the washer, so I guess I'll never find out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Artoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my favorite lip tints. Anemone isn't super sheer on me at all--it gives my lips a very nice pigmented red color, and is SUPER glossy. It is definitely not as opaque as a lipstick, but then again this is supposed to be a gloss. The wear is a couple hours as long as I don't eat or drink anything. I actually bought this a year ago, but I recently rediscovered it in the pocket of my winter coat, and oh how I missed it! Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite drugstore finds. It gives you a light wash of cherry popsicle red that lasts hours. It's an easy color, non-drying, and very inexpensive. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to lip product. I adore the tomato red wash of color - but then I prefer sheerer lip products. It's enough to make my lips pop but still way more low-maintenance than lipstick and not as sticky as a gloss. It's not terribly moisturizing, so I usually use a balm on top of it, and while I feel like the amount of product is a bit skimpy for the price, I've been using it 4-5 times a week for almost 6 months and I've still got about half the stick left, so I guess it's really not. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked Anemone. It didn't go on sheer for me. It goes on with enough color that I've used it as a lipstick in a pinch. And it has spf!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Twister17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very sheer colour, got "Anemone" since the other colours didn't show up on my lips at all. It looks scary bright in the tube but goes on a bit like you ate a cherry popsicle. Nice and smooth, not sticky. Not much in the way of lasting power. Overall, it's a pretty-looking balm-type colour for the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Evaone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This feels waxy and is very sheer. Not much color at all. It smells exactly like cherry chapstick and and looks about the same on your lips. From the strong artificial scent to the faintly colored waxy coat it left on my lips, everything about this felt cheap. But it wasn't cheap at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by MichelleB03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In the package, this is a red-orange poppy colour. On my lips its a pretty blush colour. Just a hint darker than my lips, not orange at all. It's not glossy, but it does have a bit of sheen. The colour is sheer and buildable. I love this! Perfect for summer when I want something light, pretty, and gives me a pulled-together look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. I picked this up because I had a coupon and it was on sale at Rite-Aid. I heard these were not terribly pigmented so I chose anemone which seemed to be one of the more intense colors. I guess I really don't understand the point of these. It applied smoothly and very sheerly and was gone from my lips, without a trace, within two hours. I can get a better, longer-lasting effect using regular lipstick, blotting and applying a regular old lip balm on top. Is that really too many steps for most women? IMO this is really expensive for what it does. I returned it and picked up a (cheaper) Lip Perfection lipcolor.