Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hisbiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo

3.9

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (Coconut Oil), Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Silk Protein, Proprietary Essential Oil Blend, Guar Gum, Stearic Acid, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Hibiscus Flower Extract

on 3/28/2015 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I felt like this dried my hair out more than regular soap. Hated it!

on 3/12/2015 12:27:00 AM

Pretty terrible stuff. I have long, color-treated, thick hair. I've used this shampoo a few times and, while it smells great, it leaves a strange film on my hair. Maybe that's the result from all the oils used in the formula. I don't know. I just know that my hair feels coated and strange. I definitely won't finish the bottle and I certainly won't repurchase.

on 1/27/2015 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been in the market for a new sulfate free shampoo, something more natural. After getting into couponing for a bit I had accumulated a stock of sulfate shampoos and silicone filled conditioners and my hair was a wreck. I decided no amount of savings was worth having ratty hair and did tons of research until I decided on trying the Shea Moisture line.

I purchased the Raw Shea shampoo/conditioner and the Coconut Hibiscus shampoo/conditioner because I couldn't decide which line would be best for my hair type.
I have normal to fine caucasian hair and lots of it. My canopy is very porous and my under lengths are normal to low porosity. My hair pattern is very wavy if I do not brush it out after showering but if i do it goes into a slightly waved full bodied look, not completely straight.

I rotate using the Raw Shea Shampoo and Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo as the Raw Shea is very moisturizing and my hair will get oily if i use it twice in a row.
The Coconut Hibiscus doesn't weigh my hair down and is essentially my "clarifying" shampoo if you can even call it that. It is still moisturizing!! Don't get me wrong, but it is much lighter than the Raw Shea.
Slowly but surely my hair is returning to health.

Personally, I prefer the scent of the Raw Shea line over the Coconut and Hibiscus range. The Raw Shea scent is light and lasts till your next wash.
The Coconut Hibiscus line has a pleasant Coconut scent which is more on the sweet coconut scent end of the spectrum and does not linger long after washing.

I love this brand and can't wait to try the other lines. I am a Shea Moisture customer forever.

on 12/24/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this shampoo. It cleans well without stripping my hair dry and it manages to smell nice while doing so. I dye my hair and this shampoo only causes a minimum of dye to wash out; I consider this a victory for my red hair (since reds are notorious for quick fading). This is a staple in my hair care arsenal.

on 12/16/2014 4:02:00 PM

Hands down one of the best sulfate free shampoos in the market for curly or wavy hair.
Great for winter and leaves hair soft and no stripping..

on 9/11/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use the shampoo and conditioner almost 3 weeks and overall I don't like it. the smell is ok, but it takes very long to rinse out and it dries my hair out. I also have more hair loss because of the tangles and dryness.
I will not buy it anymore.

on 8/23/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

This stuff smells amazing and for once, the delicious scent is not due to the addtion of weird and potentially harmful chemical ingredients. Unfortunately, the oils in it proved to be a little too heavy for my hair (which I admit is prone to oiliness all on its own).

I don't have curly hair btw, but that doesn't really matter since curly hair products are great for smoothing out the cutical (rough cutical = frizz) whether you're got straight, curly, or chemically damaged hair; it doesn't really matter.

I've been dealing with icky dried out frizzy hair due to the fact that I haven't been getting regular trims and its gotten all long and gross; nothing but a good cut can really change that, but I figured this stuff might help smooth things out a little in the meantime. It did, but it did so at the cost of making my hair too heavy to hold curl or have any sort of body or volume--plus it had my jawline breaking out in cysts and zits wherever my hair touched it (I rarely get zits in this area unless I use the wrong hair products). I didn't even use it near my scalp.

As someone else mentioned this stuff can actually work as a conditioner--though you still gotta rinse it really good. My best advice is if you end up getting it you might want to avoid using it near your scalp and maybe pick up a good clarifying shampoo to use in addition.

on 8/14/2014 2:12:00 PM

Absolutely love this shampoo. Background on my hair: 3B curls, naturally dry, frizzy, and prone to spilt ends and breakage. I used the moisture retention to bring my hair back to life and ad very very happy with the results. I did a major cut after the moisture retention did wonders and then switched to using the curl and shine. Amazing scent, incredibly moisturizing, won't strip, and makes your curls look bouncy and shiny. The matching conditioner is great and i use it every time I shampoo. It's waaaay better then the restorative conditioner but it's still not exactly the amount if moisture I need for my thirsty locks. Deffinete repurchase :)

on 8/8/2014 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is probably my favorite shampoo ever. It is very gentle and moisturizing and smells like heaven. It doesn't lather very much, but I'm assuming it's due to a lack of sulfates (which is a good thing, apparently). The first thing I noticed when I switched to this shampoo is that I generally lose WAY less hair than before. I pull fewer hairs when showering and brushing. This seems like a good sign. Next, my curls are soft, refreshed and consistent. I actually have long, wavy, island-girl hair with sometimes-defined curls, depending on my products and drying method. Switching to this shampoo has made them more consistent so I can really just get out of the shower, follow up with the coconut hibiscus moisturizing spray and air-dry with no worries. This has saved me a ton of time in the morning.

The only con with this line is that it sort of makes my scalp smell after a week of straight use. This is easily countered with a vinegar rinse, or clarifying (tea tree) shampoo though. Just thought I should mention that. It IS a moisturizing shampoo, not a particularly cleansing one, so make sure you take care of that with a different product.

I had no idea shampoo can make this much of a difference.

on 8/1/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo is one of my absolute favorite shampoos that i ever tried. It has become a staple in my haircare regimen. It doesn't strip my hair at all, it leaves my hair feeling soft with a level of moisture to it. Plus, it gets my hair and scalp completely clean, and it rinses away cleanly, without leaving behind residue in my hair or on my scalp.

If you have curly hair, this shampoo is one that I highly recommend. Also, it is gentle enough, that i am sure that it can also be used on chemically processed hair too.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products