Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this on the rec'd of a Facebook friend (she suggested the 1 in the tub but I didn't see it at Kroger), so I got this recently & tried it a couple of times & have to report back to y'all that this is awesome! I'm so going to buy some more from this brand, esp since it's fair trade/sustainable/Vegan & has amazingly high quality products for a very modest price. I mean yanno u can buy suave for $2 but ur not getting certified organic & other good-for-ur-hair ingredients w a company I'm glad to support their business practices so I kno $10 is a lot for a DS product but look what ur getting. & my hair feels so good after I use this. The smell is amazingly good kinda like VS Dreamy Vanilla my hair is 2C & I flat iron it so it takes a lot of abuse. This makes my hair shiny & deceptively healthy looking even thou I'm abusing my heat appliance for heat styling & my hair is even growing! I use this/Mane & Tail/Loreal/Queen Helene Cholesterol all on a frequent basis rotating (4-5 days) depending on what I feel like. My mom commented my hair looks "lighter" so I guess it enhances hi-lites!! My hair is soft & shiny after using the other products w this as a rinse out (leave on for 3 mins no experience w leaving in "yet" gonna try eventually!). My flat iron just glides thru my hair like buttah & hair stays strait.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I first tried this conditioner as a rinse out and was pretty underwhelmed by the results. I had most of a bottle left and wanted to use it up before I bought any more SM products during one of the BOGO events. The bottle does say you can also use it as a leave in so I began using it to moisturize my hair throughout the week. Turns out it's exactly what my thick, low porosity, type 4 hair needs. I use the LCO method every other day or so but I find that with this conditioner my hair is so moisturized, I don't necessarily have to refresh my hair that often if I don't want to.

Sure the product is at the higher end of the drugstore conditioner price range but the quality is well worth the price especially if you watch out for BOGOFREE sales.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a rinse out and leave in conditioner. As a rinse out I apply this to wet hair in the shower and comb it through with a wide toothed comb. I wait until the very end of my shower to rinse it completely out and my hair so soft and detangled. As a leave in I use a ton of this on my whole head from roots to ends. My hair is left so frizz-free, moisturized, soft and shiny without any weigh down. The fact that there are no silicones is awesome because it means my hair is actually getting healthy to the core and not just the outside shafts. I have color treated and permed hair and this product has really saved it from the damage that just comes with the territory. The smell is really strong even though this product doesn't contain any SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCE.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great conditioner. Its thick, creamy and moisturizing. And the smell is wonderful! Very easy to detangle your hair with this and leaves your hair soft and smooth after you rinse. My only complaint is its too thick to be in a pump bottle. Its hard to pump out and once you start running low it's impossible to get out. They should put it in a jar instead like they do there hair masques.

This did nothing to restore my hair. My hair is just highlighted. It tends to get frizzy and it is on the dry side. The conditioner is slippery feeling but made my hair dry. I used it as a deep conditioner and as a quick 3 minute after shampoo conditioner. Neither way did it make any difference. My hair came out dry and greasy. I threw this away.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this for about a month along with the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo, and neither worked for me. I wrote a lengthy review on the shampoo because I was particularly disappointed with it. This conditioner, while not as terrible for me as the shampo, just didn't work with my hair texture, which is very fine, on the thinner side but with slight volume due to my wave, oily at the roots, dry and weak, and Mrs. Frizzle frizz.

Anywho, this conditioner certainly did
nothing to "restore" just as the shampoo did nothing to "retain moisture" and didn't tame or enhance my hair in any fashion, which is all I really ask from conditioner. It left my hair feeling simultaneously greasy and heavy whilst stripped and tangled which was kind of puzzling. Also, I guess because of the massive tangle factor, I was losing an insane amount of hair, even when I tried a different shampoo for a couple of weeks. And by insane I mean clumps in the shower, clumps when combing out wet, and clumps even when I most tentatively ran my hands through dry hair.

Again, as I noted in my review for the shampoo, I've reached the conclusion, at long last, that the natural thing just isn't for me. I believe my hair likes a bit of the man-made stuff like silicones. I've transitioned in the past week to a sulfate free L'Oreal shampoo and a Dove conditioner and my hair looks and feels healthier than it has in a long time. Just FYI, before I started the Shea Moisture thing, I was using Avalon Organics Biotin shampoo and conditioner (in the dark blue bottles) and it left me stripped and tangled, leading to damage and a trim of three inches.

The smell is WAY too strong.. instant migraine. I used this and the shampoo and my hair was gross and greasy, but also dry - all day. I usually use whole foods sulfate free mint shampoo and conditioner but been trying to find something better. It's not this!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I've been on the hunt for the perfect conditioner for my hair. And i love Shea moisturizes castor oil shampoo so i thought i would give this a try. So i shampooed my hair and applied this and i left it in for 5 min ( my hair is a mixture of type 2a/3c curls and is very dry if not handled correctly) In the end this stuff left my hair a little crunchy feeling and no moisture at the ends and very frizzy. I would not buy this product again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

After devouring 3 bottles of this conditioner, I think it's high time I wrote a review sharing my wonderful experience. My sister (4 years natural) highly recommended this product, so I decided to give it a try. I also noticed a lot of positive feedback from other naturals on YouTube, which motivated me further.

This product has been such a godsend! I primarily used this conditioner along with Tresemme Naturals to get me through transitioning (2 years y'all!). Your hair just feels so drenched in moisture and oh so soft. I love that it feels substantial in your hair. It's thick and creamy, so you know your strands are being thoroughly coated in deliciousness. I primarily use it as leave-in conditioner after shampooing my hair or to cowash it. After which, I do a braidout or twistout using gel to really seal in the moisture. It doesn't feel overly heavy in my hair, but that's probably just a result of my texture and it's love of moisture. It just drinks it up! (Denying myself the temptation to use the "I drink your milkshake" reference. Grr!)

I haven't noticed any heavy buildup or really any true negatives. I mean, the only thing that would be nice is if it wasn't in pump form. That way, you could get every last drop easily. However, I'm a smart, thrifty type. So, I mix a bit of water in and get every. last. bit. It's that crucial. The smell is faint and pleasant. Nothing really to write home about. But then again, I'm not that particular about smells...unless it smells like sewage.

The price point is reasonable to me considering that a *ton* of natural hair products cost double this. You can also catch it on sale if you're patient like muah (Target, Walgreens). A little also goes a long way, so it lasts much longer than you'd think just looking at the bottle. That's the thick and creamy part.

Anyway, this conditioner gets my stamp of awesome approval. I'd highly recommend this for 4c natural chicks with hair that revels in intense moisture. Enjoy ladies!

This may be my favorite conditioner of all time. I have dry, frizzy-fine-wavy hair and for a long time was so frustrated with sulfate-laden shampoos and their accompanying conditioners. A few years back my hairdresser suggested oils to help the frizz and breakage, and I decided I'd look in the black/ethnic hair-care aisle for a change when I came across this line. Looking at the ingredients and the lack of sulfates, I thought it'd be worth a try. This is one of the few products I've used up and bought more of. The conditioner makes my hair feel softer and smoother and way less dry, and I swear this product has made a huge difference for me. I used to gripe every summer how I would love to shave my head, and this finally put an end to my griping.
Now, I'm lazy and don't do much with my hair, in part because I work from home these days, but this really has made my hair look softer, wavier and healthier. Besides using it post-shampooing, I'll pump a bit and run it through my hair as a leave-in conditioner or use a dab to tame frizz or soften up the 'do a bit, or I'll squirt a bit into a spray bottle, add water, and use as a spray-in conditioner. The scent is pleasant, a bit nutty and flowery (mostly flowery) so I enjoy that, too. My only complaint is it's a heavier product so it's hard to pump it out once it gets low. Usually I'm unscrewing the top and scooping some out or turning it upside down to slap some product out, and eventually just adding water to get the rest out. Despite that little peevishness, I still love it and keep buying it.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products