December 22, 2014 | 1158 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Prettiest Autumn lip balm ever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great tinted lip balm that gives a nice tint to your lips for everyday wear. The shade red dahlia gives my lips a soft pink/red tint and goes on very smoothly. The lip balm was also very moisturizing which I didn't expect at first so I layered it with vaseline underneath but it wasn't needed. The price is expensive for a tinted lip balm but it is great overall and I would buy more burt's bees lip balms to try out other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Rasheedah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! I am a caramel-colored African American, and these lip balms give the perfect HINT of color for a very natural look. The only time I am not wearing one of the tinted lip balms is overnight ( when I'm wearing the Ultra Conditioning Lip balm). My absolute favorite is Red Dahlia. It, literally, goes with everything! One me, Red Dahlia is is plummy/rose brown. I also wear Rose, which is a subtle coral shade on my lips. My everyday, around the house, doing errands shade is Hibiscus. It matches my natural lip color; just a bit more intense. I love the way these look, feel and condition my lips!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I'm on my way to a memorial service, and since I changed my purse out for the diaper bag, as my kid was going too, I realized I had no lipstick. Who goes to a funeral with no lipstick? There was a Whole Foods along the way so I stop it, and they have Burts Bees, which is safe and light and if I don't like it I haven't spent big money. I got this shade thinking it would give me some color. I have a very fair complexion, and this didn't show up at all. It gives me the barest hint of color. I'd get more color using a cherry or strawberry on my lips. That I could live with, but it feels greasy. I'm sure it's moisturizing like a champ, but it just feels gross. I definitely wouldn't get this again, both for the lack of color and the icky consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

The one problem I had with this product was the packaging. It's incredibly overdone, and Burts Bees should know better than to be so wasteful considering it's supposed to be a "natural" company.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by DaisyKenyon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the Red Dahlia color only. I have the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus and like it. Thought I would try the Red Dahlia for what I thought would be a sweet red tint. Wrongo. It leaves virtually no color on my lips. In fact, I don't think it even leaves a hint of color on them - their pomegranate lip balm, which is not really tinted, leaves more of a hint of color. As with the Hibiscus, the tinted balm is soothing, goes on smoothly and isn't sticky, but that's it. So, I'm not happy with this as a tinted lip balm (it's fair as a cheek color though) and I wouldn't repurchase this specific color.

Also, for a company that touts being so natural and organic… the packaging for this product is incredibly wasteful. I don't care if it's made out of paper products that have been recycled three times over, it's way over-packaged.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shade after trying sweet violet (I think that's what it's called) and liking the amount of color and the creamy feel of the balm. After trying this shade I was disappointed. It did not feel like sweet violet at all. The color did not show up on my lips (which I thought was odd since this is a darker color) and the balm was harder and not creamy. I've had this for a long time already and sometimes I use it since I own it so might as well. It did provide a nice sheen to the lips so I had no problem using it but still was disappointed. After using it every now and then the texture changed, it is now creamy like sweet violet and the color shows up on my lips. I was very surprised when this happened. I don't know if just the first few layers need to be wiped away before you get to the good portion of this shade. I gave this shade a 3 since it works just as well as sweet violet now but it took some time to get there. ps. I didn't use most of the tube or anything like that (hardly looks used) for the effect to show up so it is still worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Red Dahlia is a very subtle flattering sheer cool-toned red shade on me (I use Stila tinted moisturiser in tone / Urban Decay tinted moisturiser in Halo) – it looks like my lips are naturally flushed, the way they are after I brush my teeth. The colour lasts a couple of hours with eating and drinking, and the moisturising effect lasts even longer. I think that for lips with no dryness issues, this range provides a moderate level of moisturisation in temperate climates and is more than enough for a tropical climate, so it does function as a balm. It definitely isn’t drying on me. Reapplication is really easy and doesn’t require much precision.

It's really creamy and has no particular taste. The scent is very understated and pleasing - a bit buttery? It's hardly fragranced at all. The packaging isn't fancy but works - the lid never falls off, and the twisting mechanism doesn't break down and fail to retract when you extend the lip colour to its maximum limit.

I've had mine for a year but didn't really start using it until about half a year ago, and I love it now. I like how it makes me feel a bit more polished, and the colour really works for my skin, so I want to keep a tube in my stash after this runs out. I work from home a lot, so I use it often on the days I don't feel fancy enough for lipstick / gloss (which is most days.) It's not quite HG status, but I'll give it 5 lippies anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ThaLioness

I actually love this lip balm , although it only gives your lips a tiny bit of color. I already searched for pictures of how the product looked on your lips before actually buying it, so I knew what to expect.

I'm pretty much addicted to lip balms, and this is one of or maybe even the best lip balm I ever tried. I love the fact that's natural and it feels really nice on your lips.

The only downfall is the price and the packaging. I think it's quite expensive for a lip balm, although it is a really good one. Also I don't really get why it has to have double packaging, since just the plastic stick alone is already good enough. It looks cute, but I don't think it really adds to the product lol.

0:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I saw the ad in Allure and got sucked in. Grrrrr! The packaging seems needlessly wasteful to me. This lip balm felt nice in my lips but the tint is..........nonexistent. I'm so mad that I wasted my money on this. If you want a nice lip balm, get one from Fresh. If you want some sheer color, forget this because it goes on clear! Very disappointed, cannot recommend.