April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

The one problem I had with this product was the packaging. It's incredibly overdone, and Burts Bees should know better than to be so wasteful considering it's supposed to be a "natural" company.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by DaisyKenyon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the Red Dahlia color only. I have the Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus and like it. Thought I would try the Red Dahlia for what I thought would be a sweet red tint. Wrongo. It leaves virtually no color on my lips. In fact, I don't think it even leaves a hint of color on them - their pomegranate lip balm, which is not really tinted, leaves more of a hint of color. As with the Hibiscus, the tinted balm is soothing, goes on smoothly and isn't sticky, but that's it. So, I'm not happy with this as a tinted lip balm (it's fair as a cheek color though) and I wouldn't repurchase this specific color.

Also, for a company that touts being so natural and organic… the packaging for this product is incredibly wasteful. I don't care if it's made out of paper products that have been recycled three times over, it's way over-packaged.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

I purchased this shade after trying sweet violet (I think that's what it's called) and liking the amount of color and the creamy feel of the balm. After trying this shade I was disappointed. It did not feel like sweet violet at all. The color did not show up on my lips (which I thought was odd since this is a darker color) and the balm was harder and not creamy. I've had this for a long time already and sometimes I use it since I own it so might as well. It did provide a nice sheen to the lips so I had no problem using it but still was disappointed. After using it every now and then the texture changed, it is now creamy like sweet violet and the color shows up on my lips. I was very surprised when this happened. I don't know if just the first few layers need to be wiped away before you get to the good portion of this shade. I gave this shade a 3 since it works just as well as sweet violet now but it took some time to get there. ps. I didn't use most of the tube or anything like that (hardly looks used) for the effect to show up so it is still worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Red Dahlia is a very subtle flattering sheer cool-toned red shade on me (I use Stila tinted moisturiser in tone / Urban Decay tinted moisturiser in Halo) – it looks like my lips are naturally flushed, the way they are after I brush my teeth. The colour lasts a couple of hours with eating and drinking, and the moisturising effect lasts even longer. I think that for lips with no dryness issues, this range provides a moderate level of moisturisation in temperate climates and is more than enough for a tropical climate, so it does function as a balm. It definitely isn’t drying on me. Reapplication is really easy and doesn’t require much precision.

It's really creamy and has no particular taste. The scent is very understated and pleasing - a bit buttery? It's hardly fragranced at all. The packaging isn't fancy but works - the lid never falls off, and the twisting mechanism doesn't break down and fail to retract when you extend the lip colour to its maximum limit.

I've had mine for a year but didn't really start using it until about half a year ago, and I love it now. I like how it makes me feel a bit more polished, and the colour really works for my skin, so I want to keep a tube in my stash after this runs out. I work from home a lot, so I use it often on the days I don't feel fancy enough for lipstick / gloss (which is most days.) It's not quite HG status, but I'll give it 5 lippies anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ThaLioness

I actually love this lip balm , although it only gives your lips a tiny bit of color. I already searched for pictures of how the product looked on your lips before actually buying it, so I knew what to expect.

I'm pretty much addicted to lip balms, and this is one of or maybe even the best lip balm I ever tried. I love the fact that's natural and it feels really nice on your lips.

The only downfall is the price and the packaging. I think it's quite expensive for a lip balm, although it is a really good one. Also I don't really get why it has to have double packaging, since just the plastic stick alone is already good enough. It looks cute, but I don't think it really adds to the product lol.

0:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I saw the ad in Allure and got sucked in. Grrrrr! The packaging seems needlessly wasteful to me. This lip balm felt nice in my lips but the tint is..........nonexistent. I'm so mad that I wasted my money on this. If you want a nice lip balm, get one from Fresh. If you want some sheer color, forget this because it goes on clear! Very disappointed, cannot recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

I love this tinted lip balm! Red Dahlia is the perfect subtle red to brighten up my daily makeup routine. Don't expect a lipstick effect, this goes on really sheer, but it has a really nice texture and offers a hint of color. I've always worn lip balm because I don't like feel of lipstick, but I think this product offers a great compromise. An easy way to brighten up my face on the days that I don't wear makeup, or the perfect subtle complement to bold eye makeup for a night out. I plan on purchasing more shades.

My only complaint is the extremely deceptive and wasteful packaging! The packaging makes it look like the product is bigger than it really is, but it is the same size as a standard tube of chap stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by xcanvasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best tinted lip balm I've ever used! It goes on very sheer, but it's enough to add some noticeable color to my lips. It's also moisturizing, which is VERY important to me. My lips tend to dry out very easily, and this helps prevent and counteract that. I will be buying more of these. My only complaint is that the packaging can be a bit boring. But the actual product is wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep this on my desk. It's a subtle, sheer red I can put on without a mirror. It's not a dramatic lip balm- a reddish YLBB for me, and my lips aren't richly pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Oline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this lip balm. its got a hint of color, and it makes my lips sooo soft, shiny and sheer.
I got it from my stepmother, so dont know the price or anything.
I've got it in the color rose, and its adorable.

It smells kinda wierd though... I dont know, but if you put it up to your nose, it has a hint of 'fakeness' but i dont know... i just doesnt smell that good.
But on the lips its fine, and it has a really nice gloss.

But i can definitly live without it, so i wouldnt buy it Again.