Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This packaging sux! I have never rated packaging 1 lippie but I got home & somebody has jacked the tube inside! Returned to the store & checked the tubes b4 I bought them thankfully coz about half of all of the cardboard tubes were empty...wth!! & they have some lady seems like always stocking/hanging around the hair/makeup aisles (loss prevention?), but yeah that was annoying coz it's easy to get am empty tube & not much on color selection when half have been stolen!!!! The cardboard tube is pointless, aids in thievery & stores don't restock coz they think they got a bunch of lipbalms still when in reality they are empty. I am sorry if I sound crotchety in my old age but I was also expecting a big fat tube of lipbalm not the brown ugly (standard sized) tube inside. I got Red Dahlia hesitantly thinking ohh might be too dark well it barely deposits any color, I get better pay off from Bonne Bell Dr Pepper Lipsmacker. I won't rebuy, I have 1 other "color" if u wanna call it that I use the term "color" loosely. I'm better off sticking w my BB lipsmackers I don't care that I'm gonna be pushing 40 I <3 my lipsmackers til the day I die. This was a huge disappointment. The color very weakly reminded me of Clinique black honey IF I slathered Vaseline all over my lips b4 I applied it to dilute it big time. I am using these as expensive chapsticks basicsllu like the price was exorbitant & inflated but the one good thing about it is that no SPF (SPF tastes gross in some lipbalms) & all natural which all natural goes a long way for me in redemptive terms. Caveat emptor: go buy a BB Dr Pepper Lipsmacker for $2 it may have juvenile packaging but the color payoff is what I wished red dahlia would've been. Burts bees had disappointed me so far twice in a row. I have 2 more products to try I bought so I'm hoping for better luck. I really, REALLY wanted to like this & it's a definite "miss" for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i don't want to say that it's terrible but it was really disappointing. the moment you put it on it goes on very smoothly, and the colour is really subtle (which i like). however, i'd say maybe within 10 minutes of wearing it the colour and the actual balm (???) separates in a weird way and settles into lines and into strange patches. ive never owrn this out so i don't know the long-term effects of this, but i honestly wouldn't recommend it

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Packaging of this product mislead me, as I thought I was buying a jumbo chapstick from Burts Bees, and it was a regular chapstick. Does help with conditioning lips and the colour pay off was nice but i didnt think it was anything special and opening the packaging to find a small tube of lip chap really annoyed me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've already bought this numerous times, often in bulk via eBay for the best deals. I absolutely love this balm, super smooth & moisturizing, love the reddish-brown sheerish shade and it's easy & super convenient! Cruelty-free, which is a must for everything in my life.
Try this today. 😊

For the most part I really like this stuff. I wear my makeup (or lack thereof) very natural and I love that I can slap this on and look like I did a little something to myself. However, I agree with some of the others... the packaging is super unnecessary and they really needed to add like a minty smell or something to them bc to be honest the smell kinda reminds me of band aids. Also, the price is a little steep for what they are. Other than that I really like it and can look past those things and repurchase more of them.

I'm not very comfortable with opaque lipsticks or greasy glosses, so this sheer balm is perfect for me! I don't know why so many people say they can't see it - it's a beautiful classic purplish rosy color that's fairly deep on me! It's definitely noticeable! It goes on smoothly, definitely moisturizes, and looks great with every makeup look I've tried so far! My only issue with it is that I'd like it to have more staying power since, as a Burts Bees product, it's a tad bit pricy for just a lib balm. I'm also confused by the packaging, which just seems wasteful and inconvenient (also, I had to return my first purchase because someone had stolen the balm out of the packaging but I didn't notice until I got it home, not BB fault but wouldn't have happened with different packaging). Besides that, however, I always make sure to keep a Red Dahlia tube in my purse!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in red dahlia. It's a plummy brown color, not true to the deep red color swatch on the box. It's sheer which i like, but skews too brown for my taste.

pros:
- moisturizing
- no menthol fragrance/taste (i can't quite pinpoint what this smells/tastes like. it's not terrible but not particularly pleasant either---maybe beeswax/petroleum?)

cons
- too soft feel (bordering on greasy)
- no spf
- wasteful packaging

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Prettiest Autumn lip balm ever!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great tinted lip balm that gives a nice tint to your lips for everyday wear. The shade red dahlia gives my lips a soft pink/red tint and goes on very smoothly. The lip balm was also very moisturizing which I didn't expect at first so I layered it with vaseline underneath but it wasn't needed. The price is expensive for a tinted lip balm but it is great overall and I would buy more burt's bees lip balms to try out other colours.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product! I am a caramel-colored African American, and these lip balms give the perfect HINT of color for a very natural look. The only time I am not wearing one of the tinted lip balms is overnight ( when I'm wearing the Ultra Conditioning Lip balm). My absolute favorite is Red Dahlia. It, literally, goes with everything! One me, Red Dahlia is is plummy/rose brown. I also wear Rose, which is a subtle coral shade on my lips. My everyday, around the house, doing errands shade is Hibiscus. It matches my natural lip color; just a bit more intense. I love the way these look, feel and condition my lips!

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products