October 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - ANEW CLINICAL Luminosity Pro Brightening Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sashaacosta23

I've been using this product for over a year now and I love it. When I first started using it I noticed it was very thick and didn't absorb fully into my skin I was concerned because my skin is usally oily and very acne prone but it was a little expensive so I decided to stick to it... in about 2 months I finished the bottle by then I could see a huge improvement in my skin.. my scars had deminished greatly, my skin was more smooth and even toned. I encourage anyone to try it. I'm now on my 6th bottle and love it. . The longer I use it the more I notice little imperfections are gone. .. because of this product I've completely stopped using foundation and concealers is that good...I will definitely continue buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first stab at a review for this product, and will edit as I go along. I agree with commentors below who describe this as rather thick. I use on pump for my entire face, neck and decolletage. Most nights I use this after the Anew glycolic pads, and it feels hydrating, In the morning, without other night cream, I wake up with skin that is plump and slightly moist. I will come back and revisit in a few weeks when I can report on long term use, as I have only been using this about a week.

This has not caused my normal skin to break out, it feels and looks beautiful the next morning. I don't feel a need for an extra cream on top of this. This would definitely be HG material if it weren't dc'd. Which is annoying because when I took the skin text at the Avon website, this was rec'd to me very recently. *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I am using this at night in conjunction with the Reversalist Serum during the day and I am getting nice results. My skin is definitely more luminous since using this product and I am seeing slight fading of brown marks.

Most of the poor reviews are coming from the younger set. I can see where this would be too thick for someone in their 20's. I don't think I would have used it then either. But for someone in their 40's or up this works very nicely. I find it perfect for my drier skin which soaks it up. I have experienced no breakouts or other issues. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by magica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Dont Like to Bring the good rating this stuff is super THICK
and greasy it made my skin crisco even do a apply pea size
I can feel heavy coat on my skin this irritated my skin NOT good for sensitive skin I feel good hydrating But it made my skin look super greasy I find it clog my Pores I love OLAY serum fragrance free is way Better in price and Quality is was
waste money I gave to my sister I notice she doesnt used it too probably because it sucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by llipinsk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Two weeks using this product and I can really see a difference in my skin. My pores are smaller, little crease lines are minimized, and my skin is definitely brighter. I'm a fan! I've been pairing it with my usual Olay Regenerist and they seem to make a good pair. I did get two pimples using this, and I don't usually break out, so I suspect this might be the culprit, but it is possible I used too much. A little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit. I hate to be lower the rating, but this is breaking me out. I eliminated this for a week in my routine, and my skin is back to normal again. I am 30 and starting to see signs of aging, but I dont know what to do, because this serum is almost full and I may give it to my neighbor. It does moisturize my skin really well therefore dont need a moisturizer afterwords.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Broomie4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 50 yrs old and have some sagging, lines (especially nose to mouth and below corners of lips) and my skin is showing signs of age spots and enlarged pores. I sold Jafra for over 20 years and consider myself fairly "in the know" on skin care.

That said: I love this product! The Avon Anew products tend to be better than they get credit for and this one is right at the top. There are some incredible ingredients and they are pretty high in the ingredient list. Namely, Glycolic Acid, Aspartic Acid, as well as several peptides!

I applied to clean dry skin after removing my makeup. I can feel it going to work immediately. My face gets a nice soft inner glow and I feel like it is bringing up the circulation under my skin. I allow it to soak in a bit as it is pretty thick but that also means you can use very little product. I then apply my regular moisturizer. In the morning I have been surprised as I feel like I can actually see it working still. I feel it resurfaces almost like a peel over time.

The price is pretty high for this ($54 retail) but as everyone knows, there are places to get it cheaper. Also, since I do feel this is one product that actually works, it's darn near worth the money!

This is one product that may not be right for sensitive skin. Younger folks could use this once or twice a week as a treatment and still get benefit.

There are plenty of skin care rejects in my bottom drawer, this will not be one of them.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for over 60 days (in the evening after washing face and after applying AHA pad and allowing that to dry and before moisturizers).

This products does deliver what it is advertised to do and that is 1. brighten/even skin tone 2. minimize the appearence of fine lines.

This is a serum that has the consistency of a silicone primer but just a tad thicker. The first few applications may sting a bit but I'm used to AHA pads and the sting is nothing compared to AHA.

NOTE: I only use half a pump at a time. I put one half of a pump on the back of my left hand and dab clean fingers into it and apply it to my neck and face in a thin layer. Very thin. Thin is the key here because too much product and it will sit on your face and may cause outbreaks.

I do like this product but it needs to be used sparingly and it needs to be used at least a month and half daily before results are seen.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No