October 23, 2014 | 1428 users online

Lips - Tarte - Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Exposed

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this product is my all time absolute favorite lip product. i wear it everyday. if i over apply it, it can become drying but the color is the perfect nude for me. hg. ill always own it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome product, stays on for a while /eating a meal, beautiful stick / packaging and it's a nude color so goes with every thing -creamy yet just the right balance of matte and satin lip color

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by mairsbeautytips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This product has a 5 hour staying power - without drying my lips! It is so soft on the lips I could not believe how it felt on my lips! It is a matte- silky- texture finish. It has very nice slight peppermint taste. The color EXPOSED has a HINT of the neutral rose/mauve undertones. A hint which makes it almost natural on the lips, with slight coloring. If you are going for a more neutral color on your lips but need a slight natural mauve/rose color to brighten the face - this is IT! Especially for us mature women. This color and product is divine for the workday. Now, the price of $24 bucks for 0.10 oz - is outrageous! The actual size of the product that is in the stick is less than 2" (0.10 oz) that is unfair and unreasonably priced from Tarte. Now another upside - no pencil sharpener is required - but, beware BEFORE you advance this crayon to sharpen, make certain you read the instructions or ask a sales clerk - these crayon's are known to POP out of the stick. It happened to me in the store! This product touts it is free of paragons, mineral oil, petri, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragrance, and cruelty free. My lips love this product! I will be trying another color in a couple weeks. Thank you for reading my review. I am a brunette however, my hair is highlighted blonde to cover the gray. Hope this review helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the Tarte Lipsurgence matte gift set that comes with roughly 8 mini products. Let me just say that the color payoff is really nice especially since it's in a pencil-like form. I've tried 2 or 3 of these so far and I'm pretty pleased. I really like the color "grateful" which is a muted nude-peach tint. The menthol sensation it gives off is really cool too. I would definitely try! The only con I have is that they don't stay on for very long! Must apply lots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a MLBB color on me, mauvy neutral. I use this to even out my lip color and to tone down my naturally reddish pink lips. This is great for work and school. It makes me look more polish and the peppermint scent and cooling effect it has on my lips are awesome. I love how this lip product twists up. This is a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip color! I'm new to this whole lipstick thing, I never knew what colors went with my skin tone so I just stayed away and settled for lip balms. My friend had this and tried it on me and I loved it! It's a nudey pink. It gives color but is subtle enough to make me feel comfortable wearing it. It is a matte color and can be a bit drying, so I usually apply a lip balm and let that sink into my lips before applying this. I also really love the fact that it's a twist up and I don't have to sharpen it. I also love that it's refreshing and minty.

It's a bit pricey. I wish I would have snagged one of those sets they had around the holidays. I'll keep an eye out for more, I'd like to try different colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by beann1210

I love the smell, the feel, and the color . . . Well, on the tube, anyway. I normally go for the nudes, but this color does not look good on me. Too orange. I'm going to exchange it for a different color.
Also, unless I love the next color I get A LOT, I probably won't repurchase because of the price. I don't mind paying top dollar if I'm absolutely in love, but only then.
Besides the color and the price, I like everything else about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got Exposed in a Christmas set with other Lipsurgences, and I have to admit, I would not spend full price on this, BUT I'm very happy with the actual quality of the product.

Exposed is a satiny matte pink-based, nude beige. It looks natural, but polished, and I love the peppermint scent and velvety look and feel of this lipcolor. It's matte, but not heavy and dry. I also like the chubby pencil shape. It's a nice change from the classic lipstick bullet.

The packaging is also pretty and practical–the tube is the same color as the product, so you can spot it easily in a pile of makeup.

Exposed goes great with my fair skin and dark blonde hair, and it would probably work for a variety of colorings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this color in a set because I refuse to buy just one for 20 something dollars so I bought a set of 5 and the color exposed came with it and I'm so happy it did. It's the perfect nude for my NW-15 skin. I am super pale but when I do a nice purple smokey eye this color looks great with it. I do put a little Buxom gloss over it but it lasts quite a long time and I get a lot of compliments when I wear this color. If your fair skinned this will be great on you.

It lasts through eating and drinking and it doesn't dry my lips or go on streaky at all. In fact the color is smooth and creamy and applies like a dream. It's peppermint scent makes you want to put it on even though I find it's still on. It will last through drinks and snacks but you would need to reapply after a full meal. I think that's pretty good for a matte tint.

I use this color all the time and I really recommend this to fair skinned girls who want a true nude lip. Will repurchase because it is the perfect nude to me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dumped this product in the garbage after several months. I tried my best to make it work but it dries my lips out and has poor staying power. And it applies in a streaky manner. And it's just awful to use. One of the few make-up products I actually grew to hate. Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend it. I love the Revlon versions, which I find to be better quality.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No