Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Exposed

on 8/15/2015 5:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was supposed to be nude, instead it is a terracotta color on me. It does look nice with the right makeup, but it is super hard to match up my makeup to something so warm.

on 6/10/2015 3:36:00 PM

Perfect MLBB shade. INSTANT holy grail status. I just apply a nice balm (the Matte Lip Tints are so matte that they require some sort of balm or creamy lippie so that they will spread on the lips properly) and then I have really nice natural-looking lips that are defined just enough. I actually ordered another after using it for about a week. This is my go-to natural lippie. LOVE IT.

on 4/9/2015 10:12:00 AM

This is the perfect pinky MLBB color for me - it's a very natural shade and it makes me look well-rested and healthy, something having 3 kids under the age of 8 doesn't usually allow.

The lipcolor itself is pretty thick and goes on heavy - I use a clear or very light natural pink gloss over it to make it look more natural and not be so gloopy. I would guess it has to do with the natural ingredients but it really doesn't bother me. Slight mint scent and tingle on application.

The lipcolor swivels up so not wasted product with a sharpener, either.

I really love it!

on 3/3/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutely obsessed with this product!! It's a matte lip tint, has a velvety texture and seems to plump the lips. Long wearing, beautiful nude color. Has a slight mint flavor it. I mix and blend it at times with lucky which is a light pink to give it more dimension. Love. Love. Love. Absolute must have!!!

on 2/12/2015 4:39:00 PM

I love this shade and I love almost everything Tarte has to offer. I do feel that this crayon is a bit too dry to wear as a lipstick. I use this crayon under the Lipsurgence glass in Exposed. It gives the gloss an extra boost of color and staying power.

on 2/10/2015 8:56:00 PM

I do not get the buzz about this....
Exposed blush, yes, I get the buzz about that.
But this lip crayon..no.

To me it is very drying.
I cannot wear this alone. Within minutes of applying my lips feel terribly dry and uncomfortable. I know some use lip balms underneath products like this, but to me that is redundant. There are other lip crayons (at more affordable prices I might add) that do not dry my lips like this. When I buy a rather expensive lip crayon like this I expect it to "behave" better than this.

And the color to me is nothing special.
There are dozens of similar colors out there. And especially now with nude and matte lips all the rage, it is not hard to find a more affordable (and less drying) dupe of this.

Just not a fan of this.
To me this is a product that (especially for the price) should be able to stand on it's own and not need any 'help' from another product.

I need a gloss or a balm with this and then it takes away from the color and it loses some ( a lot actually) of it's pigmentation. I know there is a lipgloss in Exposed, but to me the combined price of the gloss and matte lip crayon, and not net anything really special (certainly nothing that can't be found in the drugstore for much cheaper), for the combined price of those 2 products I would rather get a high-end palette or luxury foundation or product. Seriously to get the matte lip crayon and lip gloss..way too expensive for something that are both easily dupable (sorry this turned into a mini-review of the lip gloss, too!!).

That all said, it is a nice color. It wears decently if you use it with a balm or clear gloss. The stain it leaves is also subtle and very natural. Obviously being a very neutral shade you can wear it with a wide variety of colors (eye shadows, etc).

Just....very overated, imo.
I would not re-purchase.

on 11/4/2014 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this lip tint is really a true lipstick. It's a pretty pink nude. It's too pink for me to wear as a nude lipstick, as I tend to prefer more brown nudes, but - here's why I love it - it makes a lovely lipliner under just about any color. It gives other lipsticks staying power, and, it keeps other colors true. I have a big issue with most lipsticks turning on me - must be weird body chemistry, but many brands turn pink or almost fuchsia on me. This product, when used under another lipstick, prevents that. Love!

on 8/1/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my all time absolute favorite lip product. i wear it everyday. if i over apply it, it can become drying but the color is the perfect nude for me. hg. ill always own it

on 3/2/2014 12:46:00 AM

Awesome product, stays on for a while /eating a meal, beautiful stick / packaging and it's a nude color so goes with every thing -creamy yet just the right balance of matte and satin lip color

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow! This product has a 5 hour staying power - without drying my lips! It is so soft on the lips I could not believe how it felt on my lips! It is a matte- silky- texture finish. It has very nice slight peppermint taste. The color EXPOSED has a HINT of the neutral rose/mauve undertones. A hint which makes it almost natural on the lips, with slight coloring. If you are going for a more neutral color on your lips but need a slight natural mauve/rose color to brighten the face - this is IT! Especially for us mature women. This color and product is divine for the workday. Now, the price of $24 bucks for 0.10 oz - is outrageous! The actual size of the product that is in the stick is less than 2" (0.10 oz) that is unfair and unreasonably priced from Tarte. Now another upside - no pencil sharpener is required - but, beware BEFORE you advance this crayon to sharpen, make certain you read the instructions or ask a sales clerk - these crayon's are known to POP out of the stick. It happened to me in the store! This product touts it is free of paragons, mineral oil, petri, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragrance, and cruelty free. My lips love this product! I will be trying another color in a couple weeks. Thank you for reading my review. I am a brunette however, my hair is highlighted blonde to cover the gray. Hope this review helps!