Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Exposed

4.1

Ugh you guys, I have about 37 reallllly close dupes for this color but I bought it anyway. Because it's basically perfect. Exposed is not a nude on me, but rather a MLBB+ (just made this up, the + means it also offers something extra I guess). It's a browny rose that looks warm, almost terracotta in some lights, but also has mauve tones that seem to balance out the warmth. AKA it is almost truly neutral on my cool-ish, light-ish, olive-ish skin. It's a modest shade that is perfect for work yet can definitely be worn into night. It has some edge and is surprisingly sexy.

So yeah I bought it because I clearly love shades in this color family but also because the formula is amazing. These Tarte matte pencils, and I know you don't want to hear this because they are $24, are simply vastly superior to the drugstore dupes. It GLIDES on, feels like silk, the pencil tip perfectly defines, it lasts for hours comfortably and fades evenly. It is definitely matte but, and call me crazy, seems to have the same kind of effect on the lips as a matte-yet-illuminating foundation does on skin. It's a plush effect, which is rare with matte lipsticks. Doesn't emphasize flakes or lines. Has a slight minty tingle and scent. A light layer of balm before application is a must.

I also have the shade Envy and it is just as great. This whole line is highly recommended.

I cannot rave about this lip crayon enough. Fair warning though, while I would say this colour is in the nude/neutral family, it is definitely not a fleshy coloured nude on me. It is more of a mauve leaning brown with terracotta in there as well.

This is easily the most comfortable matte lip product I have ever worn. It felt like there was nothing on my lips. It does have a minty smell and mild minty feeling on the lips, but this dies down after a few minutes of wear. It is velvety and smooth to apply, and has a completely matte finish. It wears for a long time, through food and drinking, and because the product does not stick to the lips it wears off evenly and subtly. It has never been drying on my naturally dry lips, and had never flaked, split or pooled.

This is easily one of my favourite lip products and I get compliments and questions about where to buy it every time I have worn it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was supposed to be nude, instead it is a terracotta color on me. It does look nice with the right makeup, but it is super hard to match up my makeup to something so warm.

Perfect MLBB shade. INSTANT holy grail status. I just apply a nice balm (the Matte Lip Tints are so matte that they require some sort of balm or creamy lippie so that they will spread on the lips properly) and then I have really nice natural-looking lips that are defined just enough. I actually ordered another after using it for about a week. This is my go-to natural lippie. LOVE IT.

This is the perfect pinky MLBB color for me - it's a very natural shade and it makes me look well-rested and healthy, something having 3 kids under the age of 8 doesn't usually allow.

The lipcolor itself is pretty thick and goes on heavy - I use a clear or very light natural pink gloss over it to make it look more natural and not be so gloopy. I would guess it has to do with the natural ingredients but it really doesn't bother me. Slight mint scent and tingle on application.

The lipcolor swivels up so not wasted product with a sharpener, either.

I really love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutely obsessed with this product!! It's a matte lip tint, has a velvety texture and seems to plump the lips. Long wearing, beautiful nude color. Has a slight mint flavor it. I mix and blend it at times with lucky which is a light pink to give it more dimension. Love. Love. Love. Absolute must have!!!

I love this shade and I love almost everything Tarte has to offer. I do feel that this crayon is a bit too dry to wear as a lipstick. I use this crayon under the Lipsurgence glass in Exposed. It gives the gloss an extra boost of color and staying power.

I do not get the buzz about this....
Exposed blush, yes, I get the buzz about that.
But this lip crayon..no.

To me it is very drying.
I cannot wear this alone. Within minutes of applying my lips feel terribly dry and uncomfortable. I know some use lip balms underneath products like this, but to me that is redundant. There are other lip crayons (at more affordable prices I might add) that do not dry my lips like this. When I buy a rather expensive lip crayon like this I expect it to "behave" better than this.

And the color to me is nothing special.
There are dozens of similar colors out there. And especially now with nude and matte lips all the rage, it is not hard to find a more affordable (and less drying) dupe of this.

Just not a fan of this.
To me this is a product that (especially for the price) should be able to stand on it's own and not need any 'help' from another product.

I need a gloss or a balm with this and then it takes away from the color and it loses some ( a lot actually) of it's pigmentation. I know there is a lipgloss in Exposed, but to me the combined price of the gloss and matte lip crayon, and not net anything really special (certainly nothing that can't be found in the drugstore for much cheaper), for the combined price of those 2 products I would rather get a high-end palette or luxury foundation or product. Seriously to get the matte lip crayon and lip gloss..way too expensive for something that are both easily dupable (sorry this turned into a mini-review of the lip gloss, too!!).

That all said, it is a nice color. It wears decently if you use it with a balm or clear gloss. The stain it leaves is also subtle and very natural. Obviously being a very neutral shade you can wear it with a wide variety of colors (eye shadows, etc).

Just....very overated, imo.
I would not re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this lip tint is really a true lipstick. It's a pretty pink nude. It's too pink for me to wear as a nude lipstick, as I tend to prefer more brown nudes, but - here's why I love it - it makes a lovely lipliner under just about any color. It gives other lipsticks staying power, and, it keeps other colors true. I have a big issue with most lipsticks turning on me - must be weird body chemistry, but many brands turn pink or almost fuchsia on me. This product, when used under another lipstick, prevents that. Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my all time absolute favorite lip product. i wear it everyday. if i over apply it, it can become drying but the color is the perfect nude for me. hg. ill always own it