July 28, 2014 | 1905 users online

Cleansers - Desert Essence - Thoroughly Clean Face Wash - Original

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by beeeez

I went back to Whole Foods (Vancouver) to originally purchase the Suki foaming cleanser cause I LOVE IT! Smells like fruity peach! But because the Suki bottle is so small I decided to buy and try something else too so I didn't have to go back again. This is a nice face wash. Pretty cheap compared to the rest. I've used this for about a month now and it barely moved. Seems like it's gonna lasts a long time since the size of the bottle is big. I only need one little pump and be careful, it can squirt everywhere lol. I love how this is filled with different types of oils but also foams up a bit. I NEED foam in my life because I wear make-up, and wiping it with facial wipes just doesn't cut it. Only thing I don't like is the smell. But that's how all tea tree oil products smell like so I try not to mind it as much.

Before I started this whole organic skin care stuff. I was using any skin cleanser/face wash. For example Clean and Clear. But for some reason this year, all those drugstore products made my skin sooooooo dry. To the point it was flaking and breaking me out. This however does not dry my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by rawbbyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this. It feels more like a treatment, as it is to be massaged in for one minute, and it is not "soapy." It is definitely not as drying as other oily face washes I have tried, and I feel really good about using a product that is natural and does not test on animals. I currently have the tiny bottle, but I am looking foward to buying the larger size pump bottle; pumps are so easy to use! I honestly feel like I am at the estheticians; it smells so nice and natural with a great clean feel afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Havok13154

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, tried about 5 from walmart. they are all in the trash. A co-worker told me to try this and i had to go to sprouts to get it. WOW my face is not oily 2 hours later!! This a great product. My skin gets oily again after about 6 hours but doesn't get the shiny look for about 9 hours. I do not like the pump, it needs to be redone. I like this product and am almost out of it and going to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

** this is a review I posted on my blog**
this is for the Oily Combo skin Wash

Desert Essence is a brand I have only seen in two places (physically): Sprouts Farmers Market and Vitamin Shoppe. There are 2 honest reasons why I bought this face wash: Because it was on sale [told you I love sales (from what I can remember It was originally at 8.99, in sale for 6.99 @ Vitamin Shoppe)]. Secondly, because I wanted to try out the brand. I have never ever purchased anything from Desert Essence. Thanks to the internet I read loads of reviews about this product with mixed emotions. Because my face is as oily as the worst oil spill you can google about, I said to myself "What the hell, if it doesn't work, I can always return it".
Before I get to the juicy review let me tell you about this product. It has 8.5 fluid ounces. Comes with a pump. Has ALL and I mean ALL natural ingredients. No parabens, no mineral oil, no Sls, and the list goes on and on. According to the official dessert essence website it claims
" NEW! The extract of Hawaii’s fragrant awapuhi plant brings additional softening properties to this gentle, but effective cleanser already rich in soothing extract of goldenseal and essential oil of chamomile. Eco-Harvest® Tea Tree Oil leaves a clean that feels oil-free, and with regular use, helps improve your skin’s texture and radiance".

Better Nutrition Best of Beauty Awards, 2009

My THOUGHTS

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It claims exactly what it promises. I love how my face feels super clean. It really takes the dirt of my face. Beware! If you have open sores or acne that is healing, YOU will feel the burn/sting sensation. NOW, I don't mind it. TO ME its disinfecting the wound and will help to heal it faster. To some, this may be a complete turn off. Some reviews I read around said "it dries your face". You know what, that is true. But you see I WANT my face dry. I want the oily layer of my face GONE. It does a fabulous job doing that. So if you have a "normal, normal to dry, or "sensitive" face. Then this product is not for you. Desert Essence makes other face washes for those particular skin types. I personally like to rotate my face wash. I have a generic "neutragena" one, this one I am reviewing, Cetaphil and a few bar type face washes. My only issue I have with this product is the pump. For some reason the soap dries to this film, and even after I clean the pump it still would not pump properly. So I had to buy a travel size bottle with a pump to pour the product in. But that's my only issue.

My advice? Check websites that carry this product and see if there is a sale that way You can save a few dollars. One more thing, they have a mega 32 oz bottle as well for 14 dollars. Once I run this one out, I am going to purchase the big bottle.

Again, this was a surprise find. I really don't purchase with an agenda (because it has the finest ingredients). But my goodness, this was one hell of a positive surprise!
It has Holy Grail quality and Natural Beauty ingredients wrapped into ONE! Highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by lady_muimui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't even know where to begin. I bought this cleanser, because I've had acne for over 10 years now. It ranges from mild to severe. I bought this cleanser, because it's (1) affordable, and (2) natural, but this didn't work for me at all. It dehydrated my skin to the point where no moisturizer could bring back the suppleness of my skin. My face was literally taut and flaky for a year even after I had stopped using it. I think that tautness is what left me with a quite a few wrinkles that I have to deal with now. Like the above mentioned, it's a water-like consistency. I didn't really like the smell, but I normally disregard the smell as long as a product works, which in this case, didn't. Please keep in mind that your skin is different from everyone else's and will have a different reaction. My younger brother uses this, and he loves it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ALE515

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I switched to all natural products after having a bad skin reaction to an ingredient that's in everyday drug store products. I wanted to love this product, but this made my face break out, and become rough and red. On the other hand, my shoulders and back like it. So now I use it for skin clearing body wash. Be aware that this product is very liquidy. It has the same consistency as water, so be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by jaritos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Desert Essence seems to have done a re-brand and also re-name, so I wasn't sure where to put this review. They have only two cleansers out now, Thoroughly Clean Original and another one for sensitive skin (can't remember the name now). Anyways. This has awapuhi in it, unlike the old stuff. I couldn't tell you what that means or anything, but I like it! It might be a touch drying for my skin, but it doesn't make me feel stripped or anything. I don't break out much usually and this has no effect on that. It smells intriguing like poisoned creme brulee made out of bananas which is actually a compliment, ok? The pump gets a little clogged which is annoying but I swear, this stuff is going to last FOREVER. It's nice, organic and cleans my face, what else do you want?