Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer

4.7

I have used the Urban Decay Primer Potion for quite a while. I recently decided to try the Ruby Kisses primer to compare the quality. I love it! It is identical to the much more expensive UDPP. Will continue to purchase this item and save my money.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Happened upon this at a beauty supply store for $5 and it is great! I was concerned the consistency was a bit thin, but it smooths on nicely and dries quickly. Eyeshadows go on nicely and stay put!
It's not a good practice, but my intricate, smoky look eye still looked great the next morning after falling asleep with this on.
This is a keeper so far!
EDIT** Forgot to mention the ingredients list is nearly identical to UDPP!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Its the end of the day and my eye shadow is still going strong. I took a nap, rubbed my eyes a couple times, and I am suffering from watery eyes and my make still hasn't budged.

The packaging is a cute hot pink tube like UDPP. You can find these at beauty supply stores that sells weaves. I paid 5 bucks for it which is so much better than the 12 bux for UDPP at Sephora. Why pay more when it does the same thing. Also I think this looks cuter in my makeup bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It arrived, everybody! It arrived!

This was sitting in my Amazon shopping basket for the longest time, because I'd seen some great reviews...and yes, part of me giggled at the shameless attempt to replicate UD's design.

(I mean seriously - UD must be just delighted....)

I do still love my NYX primer, and I love the Jumbo "milk" base even more. Because I'm using Jumbo more and more often I decided to try one more liquid-based primer to keep as a backup since NYX was almost empty.

The product is quite a bit more liquid-y than NYX, but don't let that dissuade you. It does what it is meant to do and it actually makes my eyeshadow stay put better than NYX.

I'm very glad to have another option available and it's very reasonably priced (I got it for a couple of dollars less than the NYX stuff)

This one stays in my "Oooooh yes, you can live here" drawer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is an awesome product for the price! Super cheap and worth far more! The texture of this is a bit more liquidy than UDPP, but the performance is about the same, that is, amazing! The packaging looks like how UDPP used to be packaged, in a wand tube. I use this every day and it keeps my eye shadow going strong. I buy this at a beauty supply store.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this eyelid primer because it helps my eye shadows stay all day long with no fading or creasing. This is a great product and I will continue to buy and I hope they never stop making it.

Sunday morning and Friday's NYX Iced Mocha shadow is still going strong. I'm old, lids are dry. Yes, it scares me, too.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Yes!!! Love this. Only 5 bucks from local beauty supply. Works just as good if not BETTER than most prestige brands. Will def be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence about this one. I don't have oily lids, they are quite normal. I applied an appropriate amount but after about 4 hours my shadow was creasing and the shadow I used doesn't normally crease when I wear it without any primer. Maybe the two didn't work well together, I am not sure. I used this with a powder shadow, I have yet to try it with any of my cream shadows. The great hing is the price, the bad is the availability (UK) but I noted that this performed better than the Nars eye primer which I got samples of. So it is pretty impressive if you are comparing drugstore to high end make up.

YES. So happy. First my holy grail for my oily, hooded lids was Etude House's Proof 10, but my second bottle didn't work on me as well as my first, for some reason. I could cry.

I checked out the whole eye primer section, and ordered this one and Avon's, for both around €10 including shipping on Ebay.

Avon's creased, but this one stays put, all night long. I wear lots of eyeshadow when I go out, so it's sweaty, smokey and I rub in my eyes - but it sticks! So happy to have found this.

[edit] Seems to have stopped working as well. I'll try and experiment more with the usage of this product, but colour me sad!