December 19, 2014 | 1667 users online

Loose Powders - Ruby Kisses - HD Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Anerley4U

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't get me wrong, this is a good setting powder, but I'm always in to trying new products. Ruby Kisses is good if you are on a budget. I used this for about 3 months then game over when I tried Ben Nye in Dolce and Banana. Good but not as great as Ben Nye.

If any of you ladies are interested in trying out Ben Nye Face and Setting Powders send me a message!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

I've never used a loose setting powder before I started using this. I used this in the color invisible. This powder gives a beautiful finish, it helped to diminish the look of my large pores and set my liquid foundations for hours. I do have oily skin so I did have to touch up after a few hours but not as much as i usually have to. I used every last bit of this and would repurchase in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in banana and earth colors. Seriously, the banana is just like my Ben Nye banana powder.
I don't want to admit its better because I paid more for the Ben Nye but I was matte for hours. And I never got seriously oily with this on. AND it was only like 5 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lolo0310

I love this product it's way better than MAc mineralize skin finish

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all of the colors in this powder! im oily and I swear this makes u matte. no oxidizine I am nc45 in mac so the earth use with a light hand or it looks a little to dark.This powder is similar to MF HD powder and the Elf HD powder white in color and it sets your makeup and gives yu a matte look. this is my arsenal for the summer months when its very hot ,ladies with dry skin this might be a good choice for you because im oily and it does come thru after couple hours if i dont set it well.
overall no breakouts and no disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall I think that this is a good powder. However I was expecting a lot more from it. I expected it to keep my skin matte no matter what, I was expecting it to keep me matte better than any other powder and it didn't. This is a good powder a good setting powder it doesn't leave me with that powdery look after I set my foundation which is a plus and it has decent oil control but I bought the color rich which is the darkest and i feel is a little to dark and to red for me. I don't know if easrth would be to light for me. Anyways I would buy this again because it is affordable but I just don't feel like its amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rastacutie

This is another Ruby Kisses product that I love so much. I love the way it sets my under eye concealer and it does not move. But the only thing that I suggest is that you use a blending eyeshadow brush and go light when using because you can get that ghostly effect. I have the shade Banana and Topaz which I heard were dupes for the Ben Nye setting powder. I wanted to try the Ben Nye powder but when I read reviews that RK is a dupe for BN I'm just sticking to my RK and save money on shipping :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by chinkyeyez

This gets 2 thumbs up from me, It controls my combo skin for hours (of course I use a korean BB cream underneath that also claims to control oil) but nonetheless I will repurchase it. I kind of wish it was bigger though. I didn't realize it would be that tiny (I ordered it online).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kevseb66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this powder althought it doesn't perform like I wanted it to. I was attracted to it because it is yellow & I thought it might be a great highlight setting powder similar but cheaper than Ben Nye Banana Powder. After using it I realize it is a very finely milled silica powder which adds warmth, sets foundation beautifully but doesn't highlight well. Like most silica powders it nearly vanishes but it does leave behind warmth which is more attractive for darker skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by amazin90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder. I have been trying products from this line at my local beauty supply, because I can't resist pretty things even if I don't need them. LOL I have this powder in shade 02 banana. It is very yellow in the container just like the Ben Nye banana powder. It gives a nice warmness to the skin. I bought this because I already have the MUFE HD powder, which is fine. But I like the warmth of the yellow powder. The container actually has a feature where the sifter turns to lock the powder, so there is no spillage. This is great and it only cost $5.99. I will definately purchase this again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No