December 19, 2014 | 1008 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Rainforest Oil Controlling Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this for about a week now, but so far I've really loved this moisturizer. It's light and smells good and doesn't make my skin feel greasy and over saturated like most moisturizers do. I was really impressed by the oil control aspect, too. I've found that it really does a great job of controlling the shine on my face, which I LOVE. It doesn't have SPF, but I don't mind because I use a separate sunscreen anyway. And so far it has not broken me out, but I will update this if that changes. The bottle is a little strange but not bad, and you don't get all that much for the price, but it is preferable to my other favorite daytime moisturizer (dr. brandt pores no more) which is about the same amount for 4x the price, so I will probably keep buying this unless I find a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a little torn on this product. It does what it's supposed to do, but it's not moisturizing enough for my skin while using Differin cream. It does help prevent extra oil and provides very light moisture. It also smells fairly nice and has decent ingredients. I bought it for half off on clearance at Ulta, so the price wasn't too bad. (Though the normal price is verging on too expensive for such a small container.) I guess this product just isn't for me, so I took off a point in my rating. Try this if you have oily, non-dehydrated skin.

EDIT: I've changed my mind about this moisturizer. It's still not moisturizing enough on its own, but I put a thin layer of CeraVe lotion on before this to help. That also helps me use less of the Alba moisturizer, which saves me money. It's also too drying for my skin in the colder months, though this helps a lot with the t-zone oilies in the spring and summer. I avoid using it on my cheeks or dry spots. Basically, it majorly helps reduce the amount of oil on my face throughout the day. Like the previous reviewer, I still have to blot at least once, but that's still really great for my skin type.

The texture is light, non-sticky, absorbs well, etc. It doesn't cause breakouts for me. It also has a pleasant fruit scent that disappears on the skin. I just wish that they sold this in a bigger size (with a lower price).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. Since I use BM's original foundation (the matte version is way too orange for me), it makes me shiny throughout the day. I find that this moisturizer underneath helps control the oil. I still have to blot about 2 times a day, but that is MUCH better than the 4-5 times without this moisturizer. The only thing is that it's pretty expensive for the amount of product you get (~$22.99 for 1.5 oz). I go through it in about 2 months. But until I find something better and cheaper, I think it's worth the money.
EDIT: I am surprised I am still the only one who has reviewed this product after all this time. I upped it a lippie to 5 because I just LOVE this light weight moisturizer under my makeup. I switched my makeup to Pixi TM and I don't get oily hardly at all. I only use this in the morning to keep oilies away all day. At night I remove makeup with jojoba oil and moisturize with grape seed oil and/or Egyptian Magic Balm. No break outs from this either and I have been using it for 6 months now.