April 17, 2014 | 1362 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Pointed Eyeliner brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by dustcakegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

A great brush for applying cream or gel eyeliners. The perfect shape to get a precise thin line, or use the side of the bristles for a thicker line. Got mine on clearance at Target. Love that it's synthetic too, as I only use cruelty-free synthetic brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by sll74

great brush and even better price. i realized previous mac eyeliner brush just wasn't cutting it. the bristles were too loose and i often got inconsistent results. it was time to replace it. the pointed shape appealed to me. glad i got this and when i go to target next i might get a backup cause the price is so reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the reviewers below, this brush is fantastic! Nice quality, easy to apply eyeliner among other things, keeps it's shape beautifully when washing. The handle is a hard plastic which I prefer for a brush that gets washed everyday, easier to maintain than wood. Wonderful brush!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ladies- if you don't own this Sonia Kashuk Pointed Eyeliner Brush for $5.99, quit reading this review and go buy it! This is the most versatile brush I own and my favorite by FAR! I have a small face and proportionately small eye space, with fair skin and blue eyes. I sometimes use gel liner, but usually line with powder shadow, bc I prefer the softer look. However, if you're not precise, your shadow liner just becomes a smokey eye look. I purchased this brush for lining with gel and eyeshadow, and it's amazing. Perfect firmness but the brush is soft. The tip is very pointed. This brush is so versatile, here's what I do with it:
- wet tip of brush, line eyes w/ powder shadow
- apply cream liner
- apply gel liner
- create cat eye/ wings with any liner
- apply concealer to blemishes
- blend edge around concealed areas
- apply powder over concealer
- apply corrective powder precisely, eg yellow powder for red blemishes
- camouflage imperfections by applying illuminator, powder or concealer to wrinkles creases, eg nose/ mouth
- apply light or shimmery shadow to highlight inner corner/ tear duct
- apply eyebrow powder
- apply concealer or powder around lipline to prevent lipstick bleeding or smudging
- apply shadow to outer V
- apply shadow to create a cut crease eye look
- smudge eye liner, create smokey look &
- use softly with concealer, foundation, or lotion to perfect any areas of dry skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by viviansweethart

AMAZING eyeliner brush. I bought this bc my target angled eyeliner brush didn't give me the look i wanted. I was deciding between this and bent angled eyeliner brush and ended with this. I'm so glad I did bc it allows me to apply the eyeliner on smoothly. The best part of this brush is I can do a wing efforlessly. The target angled eyeliner brush made me work really hard to achieve a nice wing but this brush is so easy. It's $5.99 and well worth every penny. The bristles are extremely soft. I have to admit I wasn't really familiar with this pointed shape but I'm happy that I am now. I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by suzyorchid

This is really a great eyeliner brush. It allows for a lot of control, and is very soft. The shape seemed weird to me (as another reviewer commented) at first, but I picked this up on a whim, and now really love this brush! I use it for my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners and find this is so great at creating a thin line. I even thought about purchasing another one just in case! Retail is $5.99

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This brush will surprise you.
I didn't want to spend all that money on the MAC version and I'm glad I didn't.
It's light weight, soft but has enough firmness to get the job done. It didn't hurt my eyes at all nor was it a messy application. You have total control over the brush. It's precise and really applies gel liner as if it was a pencil.
The only downfall is that the bristles get stained immediately. I washed it twice but was unable to lift the color. It also ate some product, too.

I would repurchase and recommend for a decent alternative to MAC. Especially if you cannot or don't want to spend the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am absolutely floored at how much I love this brush. When I first saw it I thought there was NO possible way it would be a good eyeliner brush but I was intrigued by it because it's so unique. I picked it up thinking if nothing else I could use it as a fine pencil brush/smudge brush. Ladies, this is THE BEST brush I have ever used for gel liner. It makes a perfect, smooth, even line with no effort at all. I am terrible at gel liner and most days don't use it (even though I have tons of them) because it takes me forever to get the lines even and looking good. With this brush it takes me less than a minute for both eyes. Seriously. I am going to get a backup because I don't know what I'd do without this brush. For $5 what have you got to lose? HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Hairartist888

This eyeliner brush works great for blasting out eyeliner and creating a smoky eye! Love the price tag as well. Will be buying one for each day of the week! Great for pinpoint concealing as well! Good quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I needed a new eyeliner brush and really wanted to try a Sonia Kashuk brush. I was back and forth between this and the angled eyeliner brush. I was skeptical about this brush because it is so think for an eyeliner brush but the bent brush just seemed way too thin so I went for this one. I am completely in love with it. Do not let the the thickness of the brush scare you. The tip is so thin and fine and the thickness really helps to give the brush more sturdiness and control. This brush is very helpful when trying to create winged eyeliner as well. For the price of this brush, you really can't beat it. Love love love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No