October 21, 2014 | 1545 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Haiku Sunset

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Love4Tulips

Avon perfumes are always so disappointing, but when I smelled Haiku Sunset in a catalog, I thought it smelled decent and so I purchased the .5 oz purse spray. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised that this fragrance smells so good. It's not a complex mixture, but it's fresh, light and clean, yet still feminine and slightly sweet. It has a green note to it that freshens it up. It's easy to wear and the dry down is nice. Good job Avon...you finally made a fragrance I like!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by silverain82

I love the original Haiku...It was my signature scent for the entire winter of 2010-2011. Then about 6 months ago, I was at my Aunt's house...she sells Avon (that's where I got my bottle of original Haiku)...she handed me a small bottle and I saw it was Haiku Sunset... I love the way it smells...It reminds me of CK1. I don't think it's too masculine... It is definitely a unisex fragrance. It's not my signature scent, but I do wear it every now and then. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys marine scents that aren't super-feminine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this fragrance!!! I think I like it more than the original Haiku, it is not quite as sharp smelling. To me this smells pretty aquatic and it does have a masculine edge but not enough to really be a men's cologne. It is more unisex than a floral perfume though. It has a slight peppery edge to it and I find it quite refreshing. I think it was 14.99 in the outlet store on avon.com. I have been wearing it constantly lately. Staying power is pretty standard I think, I apply 3 times a day or so.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very strong, masculine scent. I got this today due to a mix up at Avon. It's definitely not something I'd normally wear, and I love clean scents. This, however, smells like air freshener. I sprayed it hours ago and it's not fading, for what it's worth... I've never found a fragrance to be offensive until today, this is way too strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by glitterfacedranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this perfume!!!Smells heavenly!Nice and light and a little warm.Very fresh too.Evertime I wear this I keep putting my wrist to my nose beacause it's just so good!!!!The bottle is so pretty too:)Great scent for spring.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is summer perfect. It's a scent that lasts all day long and doesn't weaken! You can't use too much of this and it could never offend anyone. It smells clean, warm, beachy, and expensive. I am impressed with this one. The only reason I give this an overall 4 is because I don't like the sharp caps. The color is a lovely blue that matches the hazy warm sky of summer. This is a must have for me, as long as there is summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by tessture

An oily green scent with musky notes underneath, like musk-scented face powder. That sounds weird, but I really like this. I didn't expect to as the original Haiku was way too sharp and aggressive on me. Still, not a lot of lasting power, but the price is okay, like most Avon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by tabgrl

This is a really nice scent and has a "marine" quality to it. I bought this in the purse spray and it is great to use for travel. My only complaint is that the scent fades in about 15 minutes. I am sure this problem would be addressed by layering with the available shower gel and lotion. This is a common complaint of Avon fragrances and really bothers me. I like to use a variety of bath products and using lotion all the time tends to cause breakouts for me. Why do all Avon scents require "layering?" Their older scents were not this way...anyone who has ever used Timeless or even Sweet Honesty knows that this is the case. I am sure this is profit driven but I am not impressed with this concept!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

i think this is a very masculine perfume...but i like it. doesn't last long and isn't overpowering for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a cool floral watery fragrance on me. Not bad, but not great. Avon has come out with some excellent fragrances over the years but this isn't one of them.