October 31, 2014 | 1285 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Sally Beauty Supply - MetaGrip PREMIUM BOB PINS

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by llamadu

I bought these in black, 300 ct in a tub for about $7.00

These are way better than other bobbies I have used which I got from drugstores or discount stores such as Walmart and Target (conair, goody, etc.).
These hold their shape much better than other pins without bending apart or crisscrossing.
The comfort grips on the end are quite durable, and do not fall off after many uses, even in the pool.
I use these in my thick, coarse, wavy, Asian/Jewish hair. As you can imagine, it is a significant, unruly mop I'm taming here. I usually experience bending with other brands of pins--- not these.
I also use these on my 3 year old daughter who has very fine, limp, straight, hair, and they grip in place while most other pins slip right out.

I can't imagine there is a hair type these wouldn't work with... maybe I'll slip a few into my hubby's very curly hair when he isn't looking to see what happens...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by whisper

These are simply the best bobby pins I've ever used in my whole entire life. I've seriously never been able to find bobby pins that could hold my long, thick hair in place when I want to do a cute low side bun or whatever - well, my search has finally come to an end (praise jesus). They grip so well, do not bend (lose shape) when you stick 'em in, and I actually need fewer pins now in general since these work so well to hold my style in place. They retain their shape after many uses and are also the only bobby pins I've tried that don't snag or pull strands of my hair out when I remove them. And they come packaged in a super-convenient (and cute!) little 'matchbox'-like tin box w/a lid that shuts securely. No more lost pins! ...although, truth be told, some of mine inevitably go missing from time to time. (Where? I do not know! It's a mystery, just like the elusive sock that randomly disappears in the abyss of the dryer, never to be found again. Who knows.) Sorry, off topic! Anyway, these really are the best. I bought a 36-count tin for $2.59 at Sally's (which btw is the BC discount price; the reg. price if you're not a member is $2.89). They're sold in a 300-count tumbler, as well (for ~$6). There are 3 diff sizes to choose from: mini, reg, and supreme/large (roller pins). I have both the reg and large ones. Worth the money and then some I'd pay twice as much because they're that superb and no other pins have ever worked for me. These are just amazing; really wish I'd found them years ago.