August 28, 2014 | 1519 users online

Moisturizers - Passion fruit (Maracuja) oil

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No one is fooled by the reviews from/about Provincia. When the reviews say the exact same thing-celebrity glow, such excellent customer service over other brands etc-can we please keep the integrity of this website and stop with the blatant endorsements?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Jennacampbell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't been able to find a moisturizer that is 100% natural and chemical-free and everything else irritates my skin, so I have been using this at night and it has actually done a really good job of balancing and moisturizing my skin. I don't like the idea of putting oil on my face and it feels wrong, but it is moisturizing!

Update:
I found a natural moisturizer that is WAY better, and I don't have to put oil on my face lol... its Amazonia COllagen Stimulus Firming Moisturizer, I'll review it when I have more time!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by wolfkid

Oh my god. I only recently started using this stuff again and I had completely forgotten how amazing this stuff is!

My skin had been really dry and flaky lately and none of my moisturisers or oils seemed to help, no matter how often I applied them. I had completely forgotten I even had passion fruit oil, but thought I'd try it anyway.. But WOW.
I first used it as a night time moisturizer and woke up with amazing looking skin! It was hydrated and felt super soft and plump.

It's so nice and light. It also minimizes my blemishes (kind of makes hem disappear) and doesn't seem to clog my pores, I love this stuff!
Must say I've only tried the Oca Brazil brand, but it works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by dallasgirl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using maracuja oil for a couple of years now and I like it. So I tried finding a cheaper alternative to rhe Tarte. After researching and trying different brands I found out that not all oils are equal. Some (cheaper ones mostley)have residues on the bottom and those ones tend to havea stronger smell to it and also tends to clog my pores. The more expensive ones Tarte and Providencia cosmetics tend to have lighter smell and it has no residue. I found out that some oils go through a expensive filtering process which gets rid of the residues and what not. I personally did not see any improvement to my face using the Tarte oil but I used it becauae it made a good miosturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I tried Tarte's Maracuja oil (got it as a gift) and really loved the light texture and how quickly it absorbed without causing breakouts or turning me into a greaseball, but I'm not going to pay for the name when it's just plain old oil. I now use other brands (GoW, etc) and there is no difference in texture, feel or quality. It has become my favourite oil to add to my moisturiser or just alone overnight to keep my combination skin soft and balanced. It really reduces any redness, dryness or irritation from the cold weather, and gives my skin a gorgeous glow if I'm tired or after a long flight. I also have very sensitive skin and this does not bother me at all and has no scent (which often flares up my skin) and is much better than the majority of store-bought pre-mixed oils (ex: Clarins Lotus Oil) which contain irritating essential oils that my skin cannot tolerate.

I still occasionally use argan oil but it is heavier and I find it does not absorb as quickly, and makes my skin feel more greasy - so I reserve it for more extreme winter dryness or for use around the eyes only. If you have combination skin and are looking for a facial oil to try - passionfruit is great and I highly recommend it! Patch test and try samples first as always if you are breakout/clog-prone.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS THE BOMB! I have been fiddling around with oils for a long time now, and can't believe how different this is! It is more serum-like than oily. It doesn't clog, it doesn't sting, it doesn't irritate! It's super cheap and I can use it all over myself! * happyface
*don't waste your money on the expensive T---e brand. I bought 500mls for about a tenth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an elegant, moisturizing oil that's best for summer as it isn't as heavy or moisturizing as argan oil which is perfect for colder days. Overpriced but good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by hyeminnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After about a year of using Argan oil, I realized that it didn't moisturize my skin as well as I'd like. I read up on different oils and bought passion fruit seed oil and watermelon seed oil from Gardon of Wisdom. After using these oils together at a 1:1 ratio, mainly because the oils separately don't moisturize enough, my oily skin isn't a problem anymore. I used to wake up with an oily face every morning no matter what oil or moisturizer I used, but not anymore. It's really an amazing blend because it doesn't just sit on my skin; it actually absorbs extremely well, and keeps my skin from overproducing oil. Not to mention that my foundation lasts longer since the oils on my face don't break up the foundation as quickly. I also mix in a drop or two of rose hip seed oil and macadamia nut oil, but keep it mainly passion fruit seed oil and watermelon seed oil. If you have oily skin, try both of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bek72

Pure Maracuja oil comes from the passion fruit. It is yellow in color, and has a very subtle, fruity scent. It is more moisturizing than argan oil, and does not clog pores. As a matter of fact, my skin has been the clearest since I have switched to this oil. It has the amazing ability to balance oiliness. I no longer have an oily T-zone and no longer require a midday powder touch up. Makeup goes on smoothly, without the need for primer. You can use it all over -face, eyes, body, hair. I do not buy it from Tarte - it is overpriced and I think it is more refined, thus eliminating its potency. I buy it from a free trade company from Amazon and it costs around $25 for 2 oz. It is cost-effective for me to use this product - a little goes a long way and I have eliminated every other face and eye cream from my regimen,with the exception of a 1% retinol cream I occasionally use at night for a little extra smoothing. I use it day and night on face, neck, and eye area. It's the most universal, effective, and cost effective product I have ever used.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I have used maracuja oil for 2 weeks now, I got mine from my natural bliss. I haven't tried any other maracuja oil.

I think this oil smells disgusting, I contacted them to see if I got a bad batch or something but all they said was they were sorry I didn't like the smell. The smell faded the next morning which was good, but the craziest part was the way my skin looked the very next day, plumped up and bright, I could even feel it on my pillow as I pressed my cheek against it, I thought wow this is amazing!!!

Well, those results were probably a fluke because after that day, my skin went back to its original state, dry, deflated and dull. And since I have been using it, I do see little tiny breakouts on my cheek every other day or so. I am not sure if this is for acne prone skin but a lot of people say its healed their acne.

Overall, I'm on the fence, I most likely will not repurchase this brand, but try maybe the Tarte brand, Oca-brazil and Providencia Beauty. I want those first day results back!!!