Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

4.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 4%, Octisalate 4%, Octocrylene 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Steareth-21, Nylon-12, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Ascorbic Acid

on 6/27/2015 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Its a little pricey and I didn't notice much changes on my wrinkles, so I recommend using this with a stronger night formula. However, I Bought it again because I love the night cream and this keeps my skin protected while still giving me the benefits of a retinol cream during the day. Its pricey, so I always buy it on sale. Even on a sale, I pay $27, so I'll keep looking for a cheaper alternative.

I would totally recommend this to a friend.

on 1/1/2015 12:05:00 PM

I wanted to wait until I'd used the whole product, but it's been a week and I think that's enough. I've tried just about everything for skin care products, from Aveeno to Olay to Guerlain (that's some expensive stuff, right there - effective, but expensive) to Boots No. 7 to Algenist... I'm willing to try anything.
This is, so far, the best product I've found.
I turned 30 recently and right before that I treated myself to some skincare products from Sephora. The Algenist line was a little expensive for my taste but I figured, hey, I'm almost 30 - time to treat yourself, right? Start taking care of this. I also lost about 70 lbs in the past year so the elasticity in my face has diminished somewhat. I'm starting to notice wrinkles that haven't always been there.
Age? Possibly. Weight loss? Definitely.
Whatever the reason it was unacceptable. I was less than impressed with my purchase. I'll review those separately on their pages. So for Christmas one of my presents was a Walmart gift card. Yep, Walmart. I searched online for good skin care products with a decent price and found many great reviews for Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair. Retinol is apparently a great thing for aging skin so I figured I'd look into it.
I bought the night cream, day cream with SPF, and the eye cream for less than $60. I didn't get the serum but it's on my list for the next trip.
Now to specifics: My skin - fair, pretty sensitive, touch of rosacea, beginning to show signs of aging (slight wrinkles around the eyes, smile lines, etc.), not acne prone. Because my skin is sensitive I was hesitant to try it, but as soon as I got home I cleansed my face and slathered it on collarbone to hairline. Slight tingling, but I read that was to be expected. I took that as a sign it was working. No extra redness, no sensitivity. I figured I'd try it the next day, too. (Some websites recommend gradually introducing products with Retinol due to the drying effect.)
I've used it now for a week and I can already see a difference. My skin is SO much smoother, I can see the slight lines in my forehead beginning to disappear, and the smile lines aren't as noticeable (I mean, except for when I'm smiling, lol). My skin looks better now than it has in the past five years, I'd be willing to bet. This morning I used a brown sugar and honey scrub to gently slough off the slight dry patches caused by the Retinol (another side effect I read about and am starting to notice) and once again slathered on the day cream collarbone to hairline and topped it off with an SPF 50 (fair skin - cut me some slack). My skin looks amazing. The scrub did cause some redness, and there was a bit more tingling with I applied the moisturizer, but I had a worse reaction from the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and the rotating brushes you buy for facial cleansing. In 20 minutes the products were all absorbed and redness very much gone away. My skin stays hydrated throughout the day and my makeup goes on much better. The "flawless face" (after foundation, haha) we're all after is very much possible with these products. I'm going to go buy the serum ASAP. I'm hoping these products continue to be as effective as they are right now. I'm reviewing the eye cream and night cream separately but I will say I'm just as impressed with them as I am with the day cream. And I LOVE the fact that there's SPF.

on 12/29/2014 4:10:00 PM

I really really like this product, but I can't quite say I love it.

The great things about it are the level of sunscreen, the consistency (goes on smooth, non-greasy, no white residue) and it works well under make-up. After a few weeks of use, it hasn't broken me out and the packaging is rock solid.

However, it's just not... extraordinary. I haven't noticed any real 'wrinkle repair' or anti-aging benefits other than the SPF. Now, I'm in my late 20's and don't have a lot of wrinkles, but I was hoping to notice something above and beyond. I suspect the anti-aging ingredients aren't at a high enough level to make a difference. Also, I wish there was no fragrance. It doesn't smell particularly bad, kind of soap-like and fresh (my boyfriend smelled it on my face and asked if I had just had a shower). However, I'd rather just smell like myself! The price isn't terrible, but seeing as this moisturizer is pretty basic it seems a bit steep. I'd spend more on something if it was spectacular.

Despite this product's shortcomings, I can't deny that the great things about it ARE great. It's not easy to find a light, decently-formulated moisturizer with SPF that smells 'ok' and doesn't cause breakouts. Really, you don't NEED much more than that, I just WANT more than that. I feel like there must be a daytime moisturizer out there that can blow my mind! I'll keep looking for something extraordinary (and it'll likely cost more) but until I find it I would buy this again to tide me over.

on 4/11/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm really happy with this moisturizer. It has helped even my skin tone. And I love the matte finish, since I'm pretty oily. I did not experience any peeling due to the retinol. I look forward to trying other products from this line.

on 1/5/2014 2:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this for about three weeks now along with the eye cream from the same line and have definitely noticed a smoother complexion along with diminished fine lines. It's SPF30 with a demi-matte finish. My skin has taken a few weeks to adjust to the retinol is these products, caused an initial redness and minor peeling between my eyebrows but it has definitely improved my complexion quite fast.

on 12/30/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It really did improve the texture of my skin and lessened my nasolabial fold wrinkles. However, the bottle did not last very long. Although I did give it 5 stars for packaging because (unlike other pumps) it did completely empty out just using the pump and I didn't have to do some upside down shaking to get to the very last bit. I didn't break out from all the silicone in this, and it did do a decent job of moisturizing. The finish was right in-between dewy and matte, maybe velvety would be the word.

This might be my go to daytime moisturizer in the winter and something with a higher spf in the summertime.

on 11/26/2013 10:20:00 AM

Update - I've finished this moisturizer and really enjoyed using it. I found that it helped my skin immensely - evened the skintone, minimized fine lines, lessened acne scars and active breakouts and moisturized my dry, winter skin! I like to switch up my skincare, so I'm going to use Derma E Vitamin A moisturizer next, but I'll defintely go back to this one at a later date.

Original - I was skeptical because normally DS moisturizers break me out or are either too greasy or not moisturizing enough. But this one is great. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I can already tell a difference in my skin's appearance and texture. I suffer from PCOS/extreme hormonal acne, to the point that I have severe acne breakouts on my chin/neck and cheeks. After using this product, my acne break outs are fewer and less severe and my skin feels extremely soft. I also noticed a dramatic decrease in my smile lines around my mouth. I used to have makeup crease in these lines, but no more!

I enjoy the clean, light fragrance and find that this provides enough moisture for me in the cold winter months. I've even used this on my eyelids and have not experienced itching, burning or irritation.

A great product to add to your skincare regimen.

Found an part if my HG night regimen

on 8/4/2013 2:53:00 PM

This review is the the night moisturizer. I have had good results and this is the first time I have ever used a retinoid product. After 1 week of use I noticed visible decrease in size of pores around my nose and chin. The skin on my forehead was also smoother. I did have to stop using it daily after about 2 weeks because I began to get peeling on one side of my mouth. Now I use it every 2 or 3 days and results are the same with no peeling. The fragrance is light and floral and it doesn't linger. I find that just 2 pumps deliver the right amount for face and neck.

on 6/23/2013 12:35:00 PM

Not for me. Stopped using after 3 days. Although it made my skin soft and smooth, It made my pores larger and undereye lines more noticeable...and stings too.

Popular Moisturizers