December 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Domed Shadow Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is far too big to use in the crease and would give inconsistent results. However, I enjoy using this brush for blending out under eye concealer and using to contour my nose and cheeks with liquid/cream products. It actually functions much better with liquids and creams than powders but also works with powders and really buffs in any product you use.

I took off a lippie because it should have come in the face kit by RT rather than the eye kit and the eye kit could have included a better blending brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this as an eye shadow brush, then one day needed a concealer brush in a hurry and noticed its similarities to "airbrush" concealer brushes... Anyway, now I own two of them and my sister has an incomplete eye brush kit and no idea of what she's missing.

This actually makes me regret buying the Sephora concealer brush. It was really good for blending, but it was just so big that the product either went everywhere or it would blend parts too much which defeats the point of a concealer.

This one is a perfect size and density to blend naturally while still covering. The bristles also hold up better than any other brush I've had to thick, setting concealers as long as I swirl the excess off on the back of my hand when I'm done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok this brush is alllllll THAT!! While I don't like it for e/s application, I LOVE it for blending and buffing concealer!! Oh how I wish this was sold separately. As usual IME with RT brushes, it washes beautifully and has no shedding.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this every day since I've bought it (and worn makeup). It's soft, it blends like a dream, it's easily washable. It works for eyeshadow as well, but most days I don't need anything beyond a 217 anyway. No, I always use this for softly buffing in concealer under my eyes and in the corners of my nose, and I don't foresee ever moving on from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jacquie649

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Omg! I love this brush sooo much that I wish it was sold separately and not just part of the travel kit. It is my HOLY GRAIL concealer brush. The way it buffs my concealer into a flawless airbrush finish is amazing. You can also use it for eyeshadow (cream and powder) and blending colours in the crease. Since getting this brush I barely reach for my MAC 217. I highly recommend the travel kit because of this incredible little brush!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this brush a few weeks ago in the RT Travel Set. In fact, I bought the set just to get THIS brush. Not that big a hardship as both of the other brushes in the set are first rate and the price for all 3 brushes was not outrageous but how I wish Sam Chapman would make this brush (and a few others) available individually, rather than just in sets.

Everyone else has more than adequately explained the many uses for this brush, from crease work to use as a basic "one brush" eye shadow applicator, as well as working great to apply concealer, cream eye shadows, etc. It is just an amazing brush and I would love to have 3 or 4 of these to use on a daily basis. The only problem is not being able to purchase this brush on its own; I don't need 3 or 4 of the other brushes in this set, nor do I need a whole bunch of the cases (which are actually pretty nice for travel, though a bit on the small side to hold all the brushes someone might want to take with them to travel).

I am delighted with the quality and versatility of this brush and I am so happy that RT brushes can now be purchased here in Canada. I only wish several of the brushes could be purchased individually.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Small enough for my small lids. Packs the color on very well, easy to clean and works great with cream or powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with this brush!

The one product I use day 2 day besides mascara is under eye concealer. I was aware that the the Pixiwoo sisters used this brush in their videos for under eye concealer - but I already own so many brushes.

I went ahead and purchased (even though frankly I didn't need any of the other brushes in the travel essential set) and am so happy I did! I am buying more b/c I love this brush so much.

It spread concealers like a dream, and cream eye shadow. I have not used with actual regular e/s so I am not sure but I am sure it's great.

Love love this..and then I apply setting powder with the RT finishing brush under the eyes.

I wish they sold this separately! I don't know what it is about these brushes but they make applying even "not fun" makeup fun!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this brush and wish it was available separately. I'd buy at least five of these. Great shape, perfect for blending. Very easy to use and the best of the eyeshadow brushes from this line (which are all very good). This has replaced (yes, replaced!) my MAC 217. Again, I'd like to have a bunch of them. At $18 for the whole Travel Essentials set, I might get a couple of sets just to have more of this particular one. I've spent way more than that on single brushes that didn't give me nearly the same results. As is the case with all RT brushes, this cleans easily and dries quickly. A great quality brush.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Narcisa89

This is such good quality brush! I love to use it for placing eyeshadow on my whole lid and I am aware that it can be used for concealer etc. I think that everyone should have this brush in their collection, because you can really make good use out of it! I bough it on iherb.com. You can find also other brushes on this site. Use code POK969 to get 5$ off if your order is under 40$, or to get 10$ off if your order is over 40$. They ship worldwide!