April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by CultureCreature

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great color, awful taste

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Love this lipstick! I went way out of my comfort zone with this. 90% of my lip collection is light pinks or pinkish nudes, and I wanted to try something bold and fun for my medium olive tan skin (NW25) for the fall. This color is so beautiful.. its a deep raspberry-ish plum color and just brightens up the face so beautifully. I did a bronzey eye with this lip and its perfect. I have gotten many compliments. This color seems like it could be from a high end line like Mac with the color and pigmentation, and I am impressed with the quality so far- its creamy and feels good on the lips and has lasted all morning at work. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by liznguyen99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow, what a pretty color! im nc30 and it is very flattering. the perfect amount of red/purple. id say its neutral, so it most likely will work on most skin tones. the formula is great. comfortable on the lips, somewhat moisturizing and stays put. it is demi matte. makes me feel so sophisticated when i wear it! will go great w my fall wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Kinacoco7

Absolutely Love this lipstick, last all day!!!! Pigmented, very smooth, not drying, beautiful shade Euphoria, won't smudge at all, no words to describe this color very sexy deep berry and wine red. Perfecti for fall winter color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

All of the lip perfection lipsticks are great. This color in particular I got because I wanted a deep, deep blood red color, not that dark but not a bright red either. This is a great in between - it looks very similar to the color on the packaging - it's a deep berry red with a hint of magenta. It goes on extremely smoothly, doesn't crease, is very pigmented, and lasts all day. Even when you wipe this off with a tissue, there is still a stain on your lips. This would get 5 lippies from me if it wasn't so hard to get off.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jorates

Great creme texture and moderate staying power, it is not drying but not moisturizing either. Good feeling for a DG lipstick. The colour is wonderful, just right: stating, mature enough, dark, bold altough not heavy, goth nor sad. I wouldn't called it vamp either... it is a cheerful dark berry, with some grape. Well, as for colours... go to a drugstore.
Beautiful release from CG.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by lindam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been very surprised how much I like this lipstick. A plummy red, on the bright side.

I get many compliments on this and typically would not be a color I would wear. But now my hair is silvery and it pops.

However, I have real issues with a company that tests on animals and for that reason will probabaly not repurchase. I purchased because I had been out of work and could not afford department store lipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the texture and color of this lipstick but the taste and smell are AWFUL. It has a very chemical smell and taste. The color is very flattering on me, a dark pink (I'm NC 43/44) and it is very moisturizing but I really can't get past the scent/taste. I am glad I got this on sale and had a coupon so it was really cheap.

When I checked the CG website, others were complaining about the smell and taste on other shades so it does not seem to be an isolated incidence. Why do companies feel the need to add any scent to lipstick? What matters is the pigment and texture. I hope to be able to find a dupe of this color in another brand but I will not be purchasing anymore CG lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw the CG ad with Jessica Stam months ago and thought this was an incredible vamp shade. It must have been Photoshopped to appear brighter and darker, because this is much different. It is less intense, but it's still beautiful. I'm sure I can mix it with a liner or another lipstick to get her lip color. I love the formula and how it's a perfect balance of berry, burgundy, and a touch of purple. Very flattering on fair or light skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure whether I should put this review under the general Lip Perfection header or under this specific color - the former would get five lippies, the latter (the color) is getting four. This is a really nice product and I would buy again. It goes on smooth and rich and lasts pretty long for a lipstick that's not going for a piece of the "long-lasting" market. The smell is innocuous, but you should be prepared for it. I usually layer gloss over it and it lasts for a while (though not through a meal). The dropped "star" is because the color is just a tad garish (on me). It's a plummy red, really quite beautiful, but it's just too much for my pale skin; I think I may just be too old for this color (or it's too young for me). But overall it's a great value (less than $10 in CVS).