September 2, 2014 | 1926 users online

Skincare - Body - The Body Shop - Exfoliating Gloves

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by elifnazli

I definitely loooove these gloves. These are perfect for exfoliating. I think the one of the most beautiful thing about these gloves is they do not harsh on my skin at all. These are really gentle which is really good. If you use this, you don't need to use any exfoliator which has harmful and weird chemicals in it. Also, if you use this gloves specifically on your legs, these helps to prevent cellulite which is awesome. I definetely recommend these for everybody.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by cosmeddict2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Technically this is a wash cloth which is good but the bad thing is you cannot work on fingers to exfoliate when you are wearing them . Also I don't like the feel.
I also find it time consuming during the shower. I find the shower towel is more handy than this one

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are by far thee best exfoliating gloves I've ever tried. They leave my skin sooo soft! I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by anotherwise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

An esthetician on YouTube recommended using these everyday to prevent cellulite. I wouldn't like to *not* believe and discover in the future that what she said is true! So I bought these and I use it daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just use the exfoliating gloves from Target but I don't feel clean without them. The perfect amount of exfoliation. I'm always told how soft my skin is. Will never stop using. Just make sure to lotion after!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by isabellaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

painful.
a torture for my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by srao92

Really great little product for those of us sick of buying chemical exfoliators!

I bought mine a few weeks ago and have been using it daily on my body. Some of the other commentators have stated that the gloves are quite abrasive, but I have to disagree. I reckon if you find these quite troublesome, you either have soft skin or sensitive skins and probably do not need an exfoliator!

The great thing about this product is it's flexibility around trouble areas. I don't need to angle an awkward brush around the contours of my body. It wraps quite nicely over my toes, knees and elbows. I also don't have to worry about alergic reactions to chemicals in the product. The keratosis pilaris on my arm hasn't entirely been removed as other commentators have stated, but I do find that the skin on my upper arm is much smoother than before. I'm hoping with regular use that it'll disappear.

Liquid soaps lather quite well on this glove, though not quite so well as with a puff.

I use only one glove at a time (the pack comes with 2 gloves for around $10NZD) which is brilliant cause I can see it lasting a fair while. I reckon it's best to use one glove and keep the other hand free to check for any out-of-ordinary skin or flesh changes. Use your free hand to do a breast/body check for any unfamiliar bumps or lumps while you are cleansing your skin.

What I do dislike about this product is that sometimes it gives me scratches on my body which I can feel when hot water runs over it (ouchies!). You can avoid this by not pressing hard on the skin and just let the textured glove do its job. Moisturising after can also minimise the itchiness from particularly bad scratches if you've been an overenthusiatic scrubber (I get carried away all the time on the keratosis pilaris on my arm).

Some Recommendations:
-Feel the product in store before you buy. I rubbed it gently over the insides of my wrists just to get an indication of how it would feel over my body. Do keep in mind that it may be a process of adjustment for your body. I found that results became apparent with a few weeks use of this product.
-Have an idea of how your skin reacts to abrasive things. I personally have no issue with scrubs etc on my body, so I was not concerned with using this over sensitive areas like my stomach and underarms. You may wish to use this product weekly instead of daily.
-Do not use it on your face and neck! If you are after a natural facial exfoliant, I would recommend sugar or oat scrubs. You'll find some lovely recipies here on MUA, just look up oats or sugar in the search box.
-Wash weekly with mild soapy water

Sorry for the massive rant but I hope my info helps! :P

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Simple to use, effective and a great product for an even greater price. Love the way my skin feels after using these gloves, and my body lotion glides on quicker and lasts longer during the day too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great gloves. Simple and easy. Even when I'm sleepy in the am, they're still quick to use. Leaves my skin very soft. Also feels good to use them: very invigorating!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I've used exfoliating sponges, brushes, scrubs an gloves since about 14-15 years old. I'm not quite sure why people rate these so high. Where I live they cost $9, while a pair exactly like them can be bought for $3. Second: they aren't longer lasting than a cheaper alternative. I once bought a pair of gloves from H&M for $4. They were rougher, thicker and MUCH longer lasting without getting holes.
Bottom line: yes, these are better than nothing and cheaper than body scrubs, but they are too expensive for what they are when you can buy the exactly same thing for 1/3 of the cost. I promise you, if your going to buy THIS TYPE of gloves, it's NOTHING to splurge on - just buy a cheap pair - it will be just as good. This is not a unique thing.
BTW: if you want something in the same quality, but a little rougher, you can try the ones from Soap & Glory or Earth Terapeutics (I think they are the same type), but I think they are a bit expensive. The H&M ones are my favourite though: cheap and rough (for those who are used to exfoliating gloves with every shower); they are made from a different material.
I have sensitive skin, but after using exfoliating gloves on my body for so many years, the skin on my body isn't sensitive at all to rubbing/scratching. My mom has used scrubbing glover most of her life, and her skin looks generally better than her friends' skin, which are the same age.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No