October 2, 2014 | 1011 users online

Sunscreen - Snowberry Everyday SPF15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with everything BayRidge and Codydan85 have written about this sunscreen. It is a pleasure to use, it is safe, it is effective, it has a delicious citrus scent, it moisturizes and makes me happy.

The company has an amazing customer service and I hope they will expand their sales and distribution also in other countries as this is an excellent product from many points of view.

I would like to add that having 18% ZO this sunscreen offers actually more than SPF15. It would be more around SPF 20 or 25, depending on how much you apply.

My only advice is to wait a few minutes before applying makeup because it can be quite sticky when first applied, so give it the time to be absorbed by the skin.
Also, you should shake the tube every now and then because zinc based sunscreens tend to have a small amount of de-watering but this does not affect the efficacy of the sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by puxa1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am really enjoying using Snowberry products and seeing results but this ss is not for my skin. Strangely enough it is too drying and leaves such a matte finish. My skin feels taut after applying it. Such a pity! My search for a ss goes on. I must say that in winter I do not apply ss even though many skin experts recommend to use one. I do not think it is necessary. However I must state that I do use a foundation which contains ss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Updated to add another link from TIA (n/a) that talks about some of the ingredients used in this product
______________________________________________________

This is a delightful natural SS from a brand coming from New Zealand that is making my skin VERY happy. I had been using chemical filters all summer long for the high PPD but wanted to switch back to physical blocks now that its winter time . I had been eyeing this brand for a while since I first came across it in Milan (La Rinascente) but wanted to finish some other tubes prior to trying this.

It did take a few tries to get it right, but now that I've learned how it works best for me, I'm in heaven. It does contain 18% ZO (wrote to CS as well to inquire) together with a host of other "good for you" ingredients. (http://www.truthinaging.com/sun-protection/snowberrys-sunscreen-with-unusual-actives-reviewed-and-recommended - read this review for further details).

For those of you who are nervous about the SPF 15, know that many popular SS have a much lower percentage of ZO yet they claim higher # (eg Skinceuticals Physical Defense = 5% ZO, 6% TO; Elta MD UV Daily SPF 40 = 9% ZO, uses chemical filters to get the numbers up; DermaQuest has 18% ZO as well, and claims an SPF 30.) So while the #s are a guide, they shouldn't necessarily be the final deciding factor.

It is sticky upon application, which makes it tricky with a mineral powder, but I've found that waiting helps as well as dabbing my TM or concealer over trouble spots with a beauty blender & have had no problems. I've been using an eco tools powder brush to stipple some powder over but its not really necessary now that winter is fast approaching.

Although it is a moisturiser as well, I've found it works best over an oil (sea buckthorn or other) or a serum so there is some slip when you're rubbing it in. CS also said to apply 1/3 teaspoon for the specified protection - if used on toned skin, its no problem to apply this amount. My skin is so seriously happy with this product, I'm a bit in awe. Its not available at the usual organic beauty retailers, but can be found at dermstore, beauty sage & others that frequently have coupon codes so its really worth giving it a go if you are looking for a fabulous SS.

(and yes, the brand identity & packaging is wonderful!!)

From the Snowberry website::
"You should also know that ‘SPF15’ means you have protection against UVB only (the rays that cause sunburn), for 15x the burn time if you weren’t wearing a sun product. Because ‘SPF’ is not a measure of protection against the more dangerous UVA light, Snowberry’s Everyday SPF15 is also certified under the internationally recognised Boots Star system to provide good UVA protection (see the 3-Star logo on the box)."

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by honu66

This review is on the Snowberry SPF 30 sunscreen 50ml formulation.
Could not wait to try this, but when I opened this up to use, it had separated and any amount of vigorous shaking did not restore it! It was like skim milk and thick sediment. I shook it vigorously for 15 min and it did nothing. I couldn't use this even if I wanted. Very sad, maybe I got a lemon? But if what I got is true to product, then no way will I ever buy it or recommend it again. I can't even use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG this is my HG sunscreen. It's an absolute perfect formulation. I've tried practically every natural and organic sunscreen/moisturiser with SPF on the market and this is by far the best.
It is 100% natural, alcohol free and contains 18 percent non nano clear zinc oxide (I emailed Snowberry Beauty directly to find out this information). Snowberry Beauty comes from New Zealand and is quite new to the UK. All of their products are based on natural and super advanced ingredients such as peptides which help with anti ageing. I think this product is quite reasonably priced at £31 for 50mls. The product itself is clear without any whiteness and its cream formulation goes on like a dream. It has a beautiful light and creamy texture. I use it with a light moisturiser underneath (Snowberry Day cream Lite) and my skin has never been better. I will never use another sunscreen again after using this. Do yourself a favour and go and get yourself some of this, you won't be dissappointed. No other product has made my skin feel so dewy as this. Its so gentle I even use it around my eye area. This is my perfect sunscreen of all time without a doubt!