September 22, 2014 | 1003 users online

Mascara - Avon - Smooth Minerals Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by salls

I bought this on a buy two for one deal. The brush is such an odd shape, it was difficult to manouvre it so each lash was equally coated in product. Also, every time I applied it seemed to find its way on to my eyelid, resulting in clean up time required. I didn't see a huge difference in length or volume, and the product seem to flake off and clump. Overall, not impressed and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 13words

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought mine on sale a while so, for $1.99 each! I think it's the best mascara I've tried, and bought some more as backups! It goes on smooth and separates each lash, and keeps them individual, unlike a few others I've tried which tend to clump! It lasts all day on me too!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got it for only $1.99 so I'm not out much, but it is basically worthless to me. After applying 1 coat on my eye it looked identical to the eye that didn't even get a coat yet. The brush is kinda weird, but I may clean it up & keep it around just in case I wanna play with it with another brand. So yeah, a waste of 2 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an average mascara from Avon, I purchased in black.

I found the hourglass brush weird and I really don't know if I like it or not, I don't think it made much difference to application over ordinary shaped brushes.

The formula is a little thick and I did find it made my lashes clump and the more I tried to brush them separate the more clumpy they got.

Did nothing for length or thickness and has been relegated to the use up during the 'going nowhere special' pile.

It's not a dark black mascara, more a charcoal.

Wore it all day there was no itchiness or flaking.

It's OK just very ordinary.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by unofficialdear

I love Avon products, some of their make up is great, but this mascara is the worst I've ever used. I'll start off with how boring the packaging is, it's boring..there I said it. Now to the product. I bought the mineral mascara thinking it with be gentle on my eye lashes, and it was..no doubt about it.
But the thing that I absolutely hate..is the fall out..it's terrible!!! I just powders off my lashes in an hour or not even (depending on the weather) and makes me look like a raccoon. Of course I wasn't expecting it to last as long as water-proof does but this is ridiculous.
I wouldn't buy it again..and I regretted buying it from the very first use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by murflegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really have strong love for this mascara. Despite the thicker, mousse-like formula and the oddly shaped brush, it really works for me. It gives my lashes a lot of clean definition and holds a curl perfectly (in fact, I think the brush encourages it). The price point is pretty amazing, it seems Avon is always having some sort of sale. Overall, this is really great for day-to-day looks. If I'm looking for drama, or crazy length and volume, I find it elsewhere. However, this is a pretty solid, gentle daily mascara at a great price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pinchbeck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally don't purchase Avon products but did out of respect for a friend selling it. It was nice that this mascara came in brown. When I opened it the brush threw me off as it's an hourglass shape and I wondered how it would coat my lashes. Next I looked at the consistency of the formula and noticed it was very thick. I gently applied it to my lashes and it went clumpy with inconsistency (clumpier in some areas more than others). This is the worst mascara I have tried! What a disappointment that even with the most effort, this product cannot be used. This rates a 0, not a 1.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by minerva1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this mascara because I like mineral make up. And both the Smooth Mineral Pressed Powder and the Smooth Mineral Lipstick have been fantastic. But this product wasn't for me. I don't get the brush - it wasn't effective and it left clumps of mascara on my lashes as I was putting it on. I got smudges under my eyes after about 2 hours of putting it on and by the evening it was flaking and dropping on my cheekbones. Also the black was more of a brown/black as opposed to the blue/black that I prefer.
I went back to Super Extend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by heyralph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

At first, I didn't really care for this mascara, but then I discovered that it works very well for false lashes! It doesn't really volumize or lengthen (at least not to any great extent) so it helps the falsies blend it very well without making them look unnatural. This is also a good product for those who want a simple, no-frills mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by makeupbylaura1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product but still haven't reached to full satisfaction. I have been wanting a mascara in blue color so I got this in navy blue. At first like most mascaras it was not thick so I had to give it a couple of uses for the product to thickened a little. My HG mascara is Maybelline The Falsies. I guess I expect for all mascaras to have this effect for me to love it, and well Smooth Minerals Mascara does not. It is a descent product but not something I would buy constantly. It is the only prduct from the Smooth Minerals Line that I'm not crazy about. The loose foundation and the lipglosses I love...