April 21, 2014 | 1521 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Lip Polish in Baby Mauve

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry, thisa is nothing like MAC's C-Thru, which actually has some pigment. This is clear, at best. I'm not even keeping this; it'll be returning to Wal-Mart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at Walmart because it looked like a nice, neutral gloss. It's lighter than I anticipated and it looks clear on my lips. This looks exactly the way MAC's Ample Pink looked on me, which is unfortunate. I'll wear this over other lipsticks, so I'll get use out of it, but I'm disappointed that it's not pigmented enough for me to wear alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Nova_Baby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gloss is a dupe for MAC Lipglass in C-Thru!!! I ran out of my C-Thru and picked this up on a whim at Walmart, seeing as how the nearest MAC counter is an hour away. This is a shiny, opaque, pale beige gloss. When I first put it on, there is a really plastic-y smell, but that fades after a few minutes. It is thick like MAC Lipglasses, but non-sticky, which I wasn't expecting. I like it though. This gloss is excellent!!! I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2005 2:48:00 PM More reviews by princesscm99

Love this product!! I generally stick to a lip stain or clear lip gloss, because I don't like to touch up lipstick 10 times a day, but this color was so cute in the tube I thought I'd give it a try! BEAUTIFUL. It's nice and mellow so I can wear it with stronger eye makeup, and it actually lasts longer than 10 minutes. Looks great with summer bronzed skin and isn't glittery at all, just a slight shimmer. I'll definitely buy a few more tubes before they get rid of the color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2004 7:06:00 PM More reviews by xMzxPrEcIoUsx

Baby Mauve is a light peachy brown color. This gloss is pretty shiny, and it's easy to apply on because of the sponge application. There isn't any smell to this. It lasts pretty long, but sometimes it makes my lips dry. This gloss also feels a bit sticky, but I can take it. The only problem I have with this gloss is that overtime, it changes to a reddish brown color. I have to mix it with the applicator to make it normal again. I wouldn't repurchase this color again because I personally got tired of it, and it's pretty pricy for this kind of brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2004 10:40:00 PM More reviews by trixie01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A friend of mine wears this product relgiously, and maybe it's just my lips, but this gloss seemed to cause them to sorta' peel. Like you've been skiing all day without chapstick. I've only ever experienced this with lipsticks, but not a gloss - except this brand. It's too bad, because I really liked the color. Weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by pinklady654

First of all, i adore the little stars on the tube! they're so cute :)
And i love this color. it looks definitely looks good with a little bronzer on your cheeks-very summer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2004 7:49:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Kudos to Maybelline. This is one of the few lip glosses that actually have some staying power. When this first came out about eight years ago, I bought them in Cybershine and Mauvie Star which is not really a mauve per se, but more of a neutral pinkish color. I found the formulas to be pretty with a wide range of colors to choose from and even like the taste of them. For a lip gloss, this one's exceptional again for its ability to stay without be retouched every hour. A great product at a reasonable price too! What more could you ask for.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by pigpen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this for $5.49 at Walgreens(why didn't I wait a bit for a promotion or what?). Tried this twice on bare face and it washed me out like hell...being put in the bottom of my traincase ever since. The other day when I had full makeup and a strong blush and didn't know what gloss to wear, I decided to give it a third try. Wow! It's pretty~~~now I know the trick---work this with a strong blush and a nude liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2002 5:47:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous nude/flesh color with a hint of color. Highly Recommend. I really like the quality of the lip polishes also. They are moisturizing with nice color and long lasting also.