Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 8/26/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't use this for blush it's way too big for that, but I love it for overall powder an bronzer I love it for that. Great brush

on 8/20/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use loose blushes from Bare Minerals and this brush picks up the perfect amount of powder and distributes it evenly across my cheeks. It works as well as much more expensive brushes. It has the perfect amount of bristles that are tapered and once applied to the cheek, the blush is soft and pretty and never streaky. This has quickly become my favorite blush brush. It's larger than other blush brushes I have but it's tapered point ensures the correct placement of the blush. However, I don't think it would work well for cream blushes because the bristles are far to fluffy and a cream product wouldn't go on smoothly. But it's perfect for powder blushes and I'm so glad I purchased it. I have been very happy with all my Real Techniques purchases, including the setting brush and the makeup sponge and the several blush brushes I own. These gals really know their stuff and they obviously realize that you don't have to spend a mint to get quality makeup tools. Their products have been excellent additions to my collection. I definitely recommend this blush brush.

on 8/15/2015 2:15:00 AM

Just meh. This brush is very difficult to have a precise application for blush and does not pick up a lot of product, even for blushes from brands notoriously known for high-pigmented blushes such as Nars). The bristles feel prickly and cheap. My $7 no-brand blush brush did a way better job than this one and had soft bristles (although okay, $7 is 50 cents more than I paid for this brush on Amazon). Could work better as a powder brush, but it's called "blush brush" so a bit annoying that it's terrible as a blush brush. I wouldn't bother purchasing, especially if you are more used to blush brushes with angled cut on the bristles for more precise application.

on 8/5/2015 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a huge blush brush. The bristles are super soft and I love the tapered head. I don't generally wear blush since I have rosy cheeks. I bought this to use with my Guerlain Meteorites. It does a good enough job but I ended up getting a Hakuhodo B110 to use instead. The natural Goat (Sakoho) bristles do a much better job of picking up the product. I use this brush now for my pressed Double Wear Powder and it makes the application just beautiful. The tapered head gets into the areas around my nose with just enough product and the application is beautiful. I washed it at least seven times and it has not shed at all. I would say that I highly recommend this brush as it is beautiful and well made.

on 8/4/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Really like this for powder

on 8/4/2015 3:09:00 PM

This is a lovely soft brush, but is way too big to apply blusher with! If you have to try, prepare to look a little too flushed!!!

on 7/29/2015 5:33:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush......... but not for blush. For me, it's too big to apply my blush but I use it for bronzer and it couldn't be more perfect. I love how soft and fluffy it is and it blends that bronzer out beautifully.

on 7/24/2015 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great blush brush. Initially I thought it might be too big for my face, but that is not the case. I believe that the best makeup brush is one which doesn't move skin, and this is true for this RT Blush Brush. The bristles are soft, synthetic, and donot shed; they pick up enough product and blend well. If I happen to lose this, I will definitely repurchase!

on 6/30/2015 1:17:00 AM

Personally, do not like using this as a blush brush (as it is marketed as), but I use this as a bronzer brush and LOVE IT!! I also will use this as an all-over face powder brush. Cleans up/washes up easily and nicely, dries easily and the bristles do not get all out of whack as it dries (all I do is lay it flat on a clean towel to dry). I have not seen any shedding with this at all, and it even wipes off quickly if I am in a jiff and just use a tissue, say when I want to use this for a bronzer and then an all-over face powder. It is also soft on my face, and my face can be very sensitive to, well, everything!

Very pleased. I am not one to buy a "backup" unless something is my Holy Grail and/or I fear the product might be discontinued, but I definitely see me getting another backup of this, just in case! Would not recommend as a blush brush, as in my experience it disperses product too unpredictably imho for that, but for a bronzer brush or all-over face brush, it is awesome!

on 6/29/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am heavy handed with blush, so it was nice knowing this brush's "bubbly tip" stopped me from being AS heavy handed. It blends my blush (matte powder) very well. I'm giving it 5 lippies. It's a great brush.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products