August 1, 2014 | 1879 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this brush! It is incredibly soft and blends blush out really well. I think it does an excellent job at evenly distributing blush across my cheeks. It blends out colour well and easily.

I think the shape of the bristles is fantastic. The brush is very fluffy but tapers toward the end. This makes precise application of colour as well as blending very easy. This shape is really helpful for application of bronzer or for a bit of contouring. It can also be used as an all over face powder brush.
If you get one brush from Real Techniques I would recommend this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was REALLY disappointed with this brush, I had to pack on a bunch of blush to it (the blush wasn't cheap it was a mac one that works perfect with my other brush) and it still wasn't giving me the color that I wanted ! It seemed ublendable no matter what, and it ended up looking kind of blotchy and all over the place. After adding more and going over it ALOT I was able to kinda make it work. I still wasn't happy with the results tho. Ill problably give it one or two more tries, im not really the kind of person to return things but I will most likely never be reaching for this brush. I wanted to love this brush since real techniques is so raved about, but I really didn't and it's making me hesitant to even try the rest.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its soft. Like amazingly soft actually. And this creates issues when it comes to using it for blush, contouring, and bronzing. It really doesn't pick up much color which in theory one would THINK was a good thing; but in practice it was a fail in that I got zero pigment payoff and to be honest, the brush had more color on it than my face did. This being the case I busted out a bunch of my way more bright blushes that are harder to use thinking this brush would really make them subtle and usable. Erk, wrong! The brush is simply too large and rounded to provide even coverage. I was pretty bummed out by this, especially considering all of these excellent reviews in which drew me toward purchasing it in the first place. It works really well as a powder brush though - however, I have a kabuki in my makeup bag for that which takes up a lot less room. This was an unfortunate fail for me and I don't recommend it for its intended purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this with my bronzer. It's the perfect size for my face. Too big for blush application, but great for powder/bronzer. I love how it doesn't "scratch" my skin like other bronzer/powder brushes I've used. It's so soft and I really like how the bristles are shaped.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is extremely soft! It gets the job done as a blush brush nicely, although i prefer to go over my contour/bronzer and it works amazingly for blending everything out and making it look soft and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super soft and great for a perfect, natural flush!!! I use this everyday to apply my blush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! You can apply your blush very slightly but also very heavy with this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an unique blush brush! It may seem big, but I only pick up my cream or powder blushes with the very tip and let the tapered bristles do all the blending. I'm not a fan of the look where blush looks deliberately placed instead of a natural flush. So this brush is perfect for my application. I have a small face and I swear this isn't too big at all!

This is also great for powder application! I use the sides of the bristles and can set my makeup with loose powder really quickly.

The only thing I don't like about this is the extra large base of the handle. I know it's supposed to stand on its own or whatever, but who really does that when it can be so easily knocked over? I want my brushes to fit into the pencil holder I use to hold my brushes. And this one just takes up all the space.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is great if you're opting for a more natural look! I have this blush that is extremely pigmented that if you're not careful, you'll end up looking like a clown. This brush blends it like a dream and I end up looking natural with this hot pink blush!
If you own more natural blushes, this brush works just as well! However, I do find myself dipping the brush into the blushes just a little more, since this does not pick up the product as easily. It's no time waster though, I overall love this brush, mainly because of the way it bleeeends.
The bristles also feel soft on the skin IMO. I didn't need to wash the brush as often as recommended since it does not absorb the product deep into the bristles..
Another plus from the Real Techniques line!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

With all the positive reviews, I really thought I'd like this more, but when I had a chance to feel the bristles, I was not impressed. As far as synthetic brushes go, these are not the softest out there. It actually feels a bit rough in comparison to my Lilique angled blush brush, which is the same price (or a bit less?) at Winners. The Lilique also has more density so it picks up pigment better and places it perfectly. I guess it just goes to show, don't fix what ain't broke. I'll be passing on this one.