September 20, 2014 | 1484 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel - Blue Lagoon

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful light blue creme with shimmers--it's a pure light blue without grey, purple, or greenish tones to it. The color is gorgeous, but the application is streaky and needs at least two coats to be opaque. The price is great for this polish--it sells for about $4.50 at Meijer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This is a really pretty baby blue with shimmer. The one downside is how streaky it can look if you aren't careful. However, I've had worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by marycherry13

this color is beautiful, but it's so watery it's hard to apply it without it getting streaky. this would be my favorite if the formula was thicker!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this the same reason everyone else did. The beautiful colour!
Application isn't too bad, definitely not as bad as everyone else makes it out to be but this polish has a huge flaw. When it dries it is way too soft, it smudges and dents at the slightest touch. I have tried multiple top coats but this polish underneath seems to saturate them all! Smudgy, chips easily and dents. Horrible lasting power. Which is a shame as the colour is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ltnla

I should have checked here first before buying ! Agree w/all the bad reviews about lousy application. Totally streaky with two coats, a bit better with 3 but still subpar (and I know how to apply polishes, as I have many/but just don't review them here). Probably one of the worst polishes I've ever used, application wise. Don't see the shimmer either, but that's not reason for low score Color is nice pale blue, but not pretty or unique enough to overcome the horrible application issues. Lost receipt and can't return and so I'm salvaging this by using it as a base for one of my harder to find indie blue polishes, but other than that, not even worth the $3 I got it on sale.

Edit: tried a few times and not even worth it as a blue base so off to the dump bin it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd give it a 5 if the shimmer wasn't so subtle. It's a cloud blue with pastel glass flecks. The formula is a bit thick but application was smooth, and I only needed two coats. Dried quickly, too. Would definitely repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty color, hated the formula...Revlon polishes are usually really great for me but the texture on this one is weird (as described in a lot of previous reviews). I notice a lot of similar blue colors are like this though...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with the previous reviewer - I'm surprised at all the negative reviews for Blue Lagoon. I love this polish! I originally bought it to layer under a glitter polish, but in the future I am going to wear it alone as well. It is the perfect pale Tiffany blue with silver/multi-colored shimmer, I think that Revlon meant it to be a version of Chanel Riva (it's not a dupe, but it is def. similar), and it is the only Tiffany blue that really flatters my skin tone. I've had no issues with the formula - it's a bit on the thin side (three coats if your wearing it alone) but other than that it wasn't troublesome at all. But then I've had luck with most Revlon polishes. All in all, this color is a staple in my collection and I've just purchased a backup of it. I've noticed it is not on the Revlon website anymore so it may be getting discontinued :( Get it while you can!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so surprised by all the negative comments about this formula. I love the color, it is a pretty light blue with a very slight silvery shimmer. I have had no problems with the polish it goes on smooth, covers well in two coats and seems like a great consistency.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

do not buy this no matter what. you must resist the pretty color. i know the color is tempting because it is so hard to find a light/ baby blue nail polish. especially in the drugstore that is not too expensive. but as pretty as it is, the formula sucks really bad. the thin brush doesnt really help the application. it goes on really streaky and thick. it looks like a thin formula in the bottle but it isnt. also its impossible to get an even coat. i tried many times. even a third coat doesnt help. in addition it does not dry completely. maybe dry to the touch but it will smudge or leave marks moments later. a bit disappointed because i love revlon nail polishes but this one is just not for me.