October 25, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lip Treatments - Neutrogena - Naturals Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

Pretty good lip balm. I found this at Walmart of all places. The price is great, and the product is amazing. No smell, no taste, full on natural product. Total home run. Will certainly repurchase.

EDIT: I took off one lippie, because I noticed a hint of menthol on this balm. It's not overbearing, but it is there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So disappointed, as it seems this is getting harder and harder to find. It's a great, basic balm that blows chap stick out of the water. I stockpiled, as I'm thinking it may be discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupnoobie143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I think I've just found my HG lip product! This is lovely, not waxy at all. I was worried at first because beeswax is the primary ingredient, but shea butter and other oils are added so this balm feels amazingly smooth to on my lips! I also am a huge fan of how the Neutrogena Naturals range does not test on animals, how the packaging is recycled and also how all the ingredients are au naturel :)

Claim (from packaging): Vitamin E bionutrient balm nourishes and soothes. Protects with essential moisture. Dermatologist recommended brand.

Price: I'm from Australia so our balms usually range from around $3.50 - $5. I got this for $3.99 on sale at Chemist Warehouse, but usually it retails at $4.99. Considering this products performance, the price is very decent. You get 4g of product, which is a little less than average but lets face it, who actually ever finishes their lip balms? Haha

Scent: This smells of mint, peppermint? perhaps.. I quite like it but I do admit it took a few applications for nose which is addicted to sweet smelling balms to get used to it. The scent is only noticeable during application and quickly fades after a few minutes or so.

Ingredients: Beeswax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Flavour, Cocoa Seed Butter and Tecopherol (which is sourced from vegetables)

Packaging: The balm itself is encased in a semi-transparent, matte tube with very simple white, grey and green colours on it. On the packaging it states that this lip balm was made in Canada and that it has no harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes or phthalates.

Staying power: I'd say that this has average staying power but after it does wear off, it definately leaves behind soft, beaufitul lips with no yucky residue at all! Plus application is a breeze so I don't mind reapplying every couple of hours.

How does it compare to other brands? I have tried many other drugstore brands such as Nivea, Chapstick, Nude by Nature, Lip Smackers and cult product Lucas Paw Paw, and all these products leave a disguisting residue on my lips, and are not made from naturally derived products (even the lucas paw paw! it has active ingredients in it and petroleum jelly errrrgh). It also moisturises great and has a nice consistency on the lips; not too greasy or waxy.

Final Verdict: I would definately buy this again!! Best lip balm ever, I'm taking one lippie off because it is a tad slimy and I also wish it had a sweeter scent, but other than those little things, I'm in love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by beautytent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Average lip balm , but i find that i have to reapply almost every hour. Im also not to fond of the smell but i like that its all natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by cb0001

I never leave home without this! I have one on my night table, one at work, and one in my purse. It goes on smooth, stays on for a long time, leaves lips shiny without the stickiness, doesn't taste awful, and feels refreshing. They sell out all the time so when I need one, I buy a couple. This will be a staple for me much like my deodorant!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ahmazingemilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in my stocking for Christmas, and I get pretty chapped lips so i was excited about this. I used it and i loved the minty-and calm feeling it gave my lips.(:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Finally, I've found a lip balm that lasts longer than 15 minutes, doesn't make my chapped lips *worse*, and goes on without any tugging or "gunkiness"! My lips get really bad in winter, to the point of bleeding, that is. This lip balm really does the job of soothing the dryness and flaking. Love this--it's seriously the best lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by vanessa15

I have quite a big collection of lip balms, but i always seem to choose this one when i'm in a rush! It leaves my lips very smooth, and i love the minty-ness of it. Something that i always look for in lip balms and how long it lasts, and i can say this one lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by chinitastarr

Let me tell you, I have tried ALOT of lip balms, chapstics etc, since I have very dry lips. Of all the years, THIS ONE is the winner. Nothing comes close to The Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm, I tried it because it was sent as a sample, and Im so glad I went out and bought three. It WORKS. It doesnt smell, nor leaves any gunk, it really leaves my lips smooth. TRY IT, you will not regret.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Tokkaebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I actually really like this lip balm. It is slick, not heavily waxy like Burt's Bees (I really like all kinds of textures of lip balm), it feels good on my lips. It also smells really good. It is minty, but it's a very slightly sweet mint. There is absolutely no taste, it truly doesn't taste of anything; doesn't taste like wax, doesn't taste like cheap cosmetics. I would buy this again. It actually seems very similar to my current love, which is C.O Bigelow's Lemon lip balms. I have tried Lemon & Blueberry, Black Cherry, and the original Lemon. It is not at all waxy and at first felt very greasy, but it actually is extremely moisturizing and makes lips sooo soft. This seems to do just the same but for a fraction of the price.