Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm

4.4

on 3/15/2015 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lip balm and it's become my favourite. It feels lovely on my lips - not heavy or sticky, and it doesn't have a strong scent. You will have to reapply throughout the day - it doesn't stay on as long as some other lip balms, but it does a great job at keeping my lips moisturized and soft. If your lips are heavily chapped though, this isn't the product for you. But for an everyday lip balm, this does the job. I keep one at my desk at work, one in my bag and one on my nightstand - reapplying as often as needed, as my lips can get quite dry without consistent lip balm. I also like to wear this under lipsticks to keep my lips moisturized.

on 3/17/2014 10:37:00 PM

Pretty good lip balm. I found this at Walmart of all places. The price is great, and the product is amazing. No smell, no taste, full on natural product. Total home run. Will certainly repurchase.

EDIT: I took off one lippie, because I noticed a hint of menthol on this balm. It's not overbearing, but it is there.

on 3/5/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

So disappointed, as it seems this is getting harder and harder to find. It's a great, basic balm that blows chap stick out of the water. I stockpiled, as I'm thinking it may be discontinued.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay I think I've just found my HG lip product! This is lovely, not waxy at all. I was worried at first because beeswax is the primary ingredient, but shea butter and other oils are added so this balm feels amazingly smooth to on my lips! I also am a huge fan of how the Neutrogena Naturals range does not test on animals, how the packaging is recycled and also how all the ingredients are au naturel :)

Claim (from packaging): Vitamin E bionutrient balm nourishes and soothes. Protects with essential moisture. Dermatologist recommended brand.

Price: I'm from Australia so our balms usually range from around $3.50 - $5. I got this for $3.99 on sale at Chemist Warehouse, but usually it retails at $4.99. Considering this products performance, the price is very decent. You get 4g of product, which is a little less than average but lets face it, who actually ever finishes their lip balms? Haha

Scent: This smells of mint, peppermint? perhaps.. I quite like it but I do admit it took a few applications for nose which is addicted to sweet smelling balms to get used to it. The scent is only noticeable during application and quickly fades after a few minutes or so.

Ingredients: Beeswax, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Shea Butter, Natural Flavour, Cocoa Seed Butter and Tecopherol (which is sourced from vegetables)

Packaging: The balm itself is encased in a semi-transparent, matte tube with very simple white, grey and green colours on it. On the packaging it states that this lip balm was made in Canada and that it has no harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes or phthalates.

Staying power: I'd say that this has average staying power but after it does wear off, it definately leaves behind soft, beaufitul lips with no yucky residue at all! Plus application is a breeze so I don't mind reapplying every couple of hours.

How does it compare to other brands? I have tried many other drugstore brands such as Nivea, Chapstick, Nude by Nature, Lip Smackers and cult product Lucas Paw Paw, and all these products leave a disguisting residue on my lips, and are not made from naturally derived products (even the lucas paw paw! it has active ingredients in it and petroleum jelly errrrgh). It also moisturises great and has a nice consistency on the lips; not too greasy or waxy.

Final Verdict: I would definately buy this again!! Best lip balm ever, I'm taking one lippie off because it is a tad slimy and I also wish it had a sweeter scent, but other than those little things, I'm in love!

on 3/31/2013 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Average lip balm , but i find that i have to reapply almost every hour. Im also not to fond of the smell but i like that its all natural.

on 2/28/2013 1:20:00 AM

I never leave home without this! I have one on my night table, one at work, and one in my purse. It goes on smooth, stays on for a long time, leaves lips shiny without the stickiness, doesn't taste awful, and feels refreshing. They sell out all the time so when I need one, I buy a couple. This will be a staple for me much like my deodorant!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in my stocking for Christmas, and I get pretty chapped lips so i was excited about this. I used it and i loved the minty-and calm feeling it gave my lips.(:

on 12/12/2011 6:57:00 PM

Finally, I've found a lip balm that lasts longer than 15 minutes, doesn't make my chapped lips *worse*, and goes on without any tugging or "gunkiness"! My lips get really bad in winter, to the point of bleeding, that is. This lip balm really does the job of soothing the dryness and flaking. Love this--it's seriously the best lip balm!

on 5/30/2011 7:02:00 PM

I have quite a big collection of lip balms, but i always seem to choose this one when i'm in a rush! It leaves my lips very smooth, and i love the minty-ness of it. Something that i always look for in lip balms and how long it lasts, and i can say this one lasts all day!

Let me tell you, I have tried ALOT of lip balms, chapstics etc, since I have very dry lips. Of all the years, THIS ONE is the winner. Nothing comes close to The Neutrogena Naturals Lip Balm, I tried it because it was sent as a sample, and Im so glad I went out and bought three. It WORKS. It doesnt smell, nor leaves any gunk, it really leaves my lips smooth. TRY IT, you will not regret.

Top Rated Lip Treatments