NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan

on 8/11/2015 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Feels and smells like candy mousse on my lips. I love the texture and it doesn't look too patchy and uneven on my super dry lips. Gets sometimes a bit too dry after a while, but a little bit of lipbalm rescues me. I also love this shade, a darker pink but more dusty than bright neon. Affordable price for such great quality!

The texture of these are phenomenal! They are mousse-like and set to an almost nothing feel on your lips (the tiniest itsy bitsy bit sticky). There is no transfer once they set and they fade minimally over time so I would consider these long wear. The only issue is, full opacity isnt till 2-3 coats so I suppose the darker colors are not a good idea as excessive layering can lead to a cakey look. These are not heavy feeling like a lipstick or gloss but they aren't drying like other matte liquid lipsticks. Its like its own unique formula and a must try.

I am NC40 and regarding the color Milan, I can pull it off as long as I dont layer it to full opacity. The color on the tube is peach pink (nude almost) but it comes out far more blue toned/Lilac-ish (clashes with my yellow undertone skin if I wear it opaquely as it is quite bright). Sheerly it is complimenting and a soft pop of color. If you are lighter than NC35 this is a nice blue toned pink, anything darker than NC40 be aware this might get too Nicki Minaj looking. I dont regret my purchase however, I can make it work in indoor lighting in winters with a sheer coat. I just love the actual product and will definitely repurchase in other medium shades.

on 6/30/2015 10:17:00 PM

This is a perfect dark pink for my NC35-40 complexion. It not a nude pink like the outside of the packaging suggest, which is why I avoided this color when I saw it in stores. But its gorgeous, like bright mauvy pink. It is mlbb for me.

It lights up my face and its what I wear when I just want the right amount of color without being too loud about it. I can imagine on lighter skin tones it might be too bright.

Lasting power is around 3-4 hours for me. I love the texture of the lip creams, they don't feel like anything but they have amazing opacity.

My husband actually told me that this was my pink.

I would definitely repurchase.

on 6/30/2015 12:59:00 PM

meh....

like others said, the color of the tube is not true to the color of the actual lipstick. Its more of a in your face bright fusica than a nudey pink.

However i like NYX and this forumla, but the shades are hit or miss for me.

on 6/29/2015 10:13:00 PM

It is ok. In pics it looks like a sophisticated pink. On me...it turned into just another fuchsia type color. Not excited about it. I am nw20, deep soft winter.

on 3/21/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The lower than average rating is due to the fact that the color of the tube's exterior is not reflective of the color you actually end up with. I was thinking it would be more of a neutral pale mauve based on the packaging. Color is bit more of a true raspberry pink. Although the color works fine on me with my dark hair color & fair skin tone, it's still not what I expected and a bit too similar to other lip products I already own. Still, it does get high marks for ease of application, dries down pretty quickly, feels like you aren't wearing any lip product at all - so truly matte. Transferring is really minimal - color lasted pretty well through drinking a coffee and bottled water right up until lunch. And the price was great - on sale at CVS for under $4.

on 2/24/2015 8:10:00 PM

I agree with the previous reviews - the color on the tube is not what you get. The actual color is a vibrant pink with blue/purple undertone. I am NC20 and I find it difficult to pull off hot pinks, but this one really doesn't look bad at all. It goes on pretty smooth; it is not too drying, the wear time is pretty good. The only drawback is that it tends to bunch on the inside of the lips. It doesn't settle into the lines, but it will cling to any dryness you may have, so exfoliate!!! Will have to wear it a couple more times to see if the crusting/patchiness on the inside of the lips is a repeat thing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This color is NOTHING like the tube suggests it is. Really, is the company manager color blind ?!?
Anywho; this is more a hot pink color with a tiiiny tinge of purple in it. It is like a soft raspberry color. I am actually surprised it looks so good with my yellow under toned skin. I never EVER use bright pink lipsticks because the color clashes and looks terrible on me.
The formula is pretty fantastic. I had never used anything like it before. It is a product with soft creamy consistency that glides on the lips very smoothly. Before I even noticed it dried to a very matte finish, I can barely feel any product on my lips, and the color looks solid and super pigmented. Three lippies for magic formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE NYX products. They are fun, decent quality, varied in the types of products and relatively low cost for the risk that comes with purchasing products that are hard to test before buying. I really like the Soft Matte Lip Cream for a variety of reasons.

Pros:
Long lasting, especially if you make sure to exfoliate your lips beforehand
Realtively inexpensive
Smells kind of fun - sweet, almost candy like
Nice texture, not too gummy, sticky or gloppy
Seems to stay put - no drift, if I make sure to dab off any excess
Easy to apply w its little doe-foot sponge applicator
It seems like there is a lot of product for the price
Nice finish - matte, and not flat-matte that it appears to be chalky
I like it enough that I am going to purchase some other colors

Cons:
The color of the actual product does not at all look like the pinky mauve that the tube color suggests. It is instead a bright, almost hot pink with a blue undertone. It fades some, and it still is nowhere near close to the color that the tube suggests
This is why I gave the packaging a low score - the packaging is pretty misleading in its color

Overall, this is a big fail for me. However, I like enough of the qualities of the product that I am going to look for some other color options

on 1/13/2015 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off I really struggled to find any NYX products in the UK but kept reading great things about them online. I don't really like shiny/glossy lips on myself, I don't know why I just don't think it suits me so I am super happy that matte lips are in fashion and more brands are making matte lipsticks etc! I was desperate to try the Soft Matte Lip Cream and I found them on Amazon so I spent ages looking at the colours available and googling colour swatches etc because I generally avoid buying cosmetics online as it is SO hard to judge colours. I thought Milan looked like a cute peachy pink colour but when it arrived and I tried it on it is definitely more of a plummy colour. Definitely not what I was expecting so I was kind of disappointed because I generally stick to real nudey pink shades because I feel that's what suits me best. However, when I put it on I fell in love with the texture! It goes on so smoothly and smells great. It also lasted for hours which is hard to find in any lipstick/gloss. I wasn't overly keen on the colour but left it on when I went out purely because I really enjoyed the matte texture and everyone said what a beautiful colour it was. I had so many compliments on my lip colour! I would absolutely recommend this for anyone that wants a matte look that doesn't dry out your lips but please be careful when picking your colour because they are very different to how they look in the tube. I will absolutely be purchasing more of these but perhaps not in Milan as it is definitely a tad too dark for me- I'm so used to pale shades that when I wear a dark lip I get super self conscious! But like I say it is a great product and although more expensive than other lip glosses it is definitely cheaper than other high end matte look products I have seen on offer.

Popular Lip Glosses