April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by makeyourself420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Damn i think this is my staple. I find myself reaching for this everyday! Mac's "Please Me" was my go to but not anymore! Smooth creamy application that has a lovely matte finish. Make sure to apply thinly, this stuff will cake if you dont apply it right. What a beautiful color!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by XxmzVickyxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sooooo impressed with NYX I have never used them before I am deffo digging what they have to offer. I recently reviewed the collection cream puff in cotton candy which is identical to this in colour, however this blows it out of the water. It glides on the lips and is very opaque, it's rather drying which you would expect so I just pop lip balm on before I apply this and then just top up with lip balm through the day, it's lasted about 5 hours and like last time I ate and drank even more coffee and it stuck around, would deffo recommend this, and from what I gather NYX in general!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really digging the NYX soft matte lippies, this product is a hit with me, I own the shades Milan and San Paulo as I gravitate towards warm, pigmented colors. Really impressed with both, I'd say Milan is a perfect MLBB everyday shade that's brighter and a few shades darker than my natural lips--looks nice on my skin tone too, NC25 with brown hair and blue eyes. One of the go-to products for my daily makeup look, really brightens my face and looks polished.

The texture can be drying, I find that it requires some chapstick prior to application or it sticks to dry patches on lips, that's my only complaint. Smells good like vanilla candy and lasts about 4 hours, leaving a nice stain behind that's true to color. Don't sleep on this one!! I pray NYX never DC's this line and adds more bold shades :) will repurchase gladly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first put it on it made my lips look dry and flakey so I took it off and exfoliated my lips then applied again. Its so light. Like applying mouse to your lips. It's not like any lip product ive tried.It takes about 3 minutes to dry and become matte. It didn't transfer when I kissed my hand after it dried. I think it looks better with 2 layers though because it becomes more opaque. But yes I do like it and will a few more colors. I wouldn't buy this product again only because I have so many lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love. At first I felt it was a bit too bright on my NW47 skin, but I love *googly eyes* I feel so pretty, and I love walking in the street with it. Pink is great for dark skin beauties, please get this :D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by KellyKen

I read the reviews on this product, and I was really excited to try it. The color is beautiful. It is pretty much MLBB. It has a faint scent of vanilla, which I like. It also lasts for a long time-3 hours or so probably.

I have to say, though, that the feeling if the product on my lips is too reminiscent of the old 2 step long wear lip products from 10 years ago. It felt uncomfortable to wear by itself. I did end up adding some gloss on top, and it was much better.

I was hoping to find a cute comfortable matte lip product, but I did not find it comfortable. Bummer. Definitely would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by madorno81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

for reference In an NC37 warm toned slightly olive complexion and this is one of the few cool toned pinks and i actually like it alot the only con is that it can be streaky so I tend to put on a lipgloss over it so it wont look streaky. It isn't the best option for those who suffer from dry and chapped lips but if you do use it consider a clear lipgloss or a color close to the pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ktmacup

Last about 2 1/2 hours with out touch up. I would repurchase it. Basically a liquid lip stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by quick_info

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's more like a lip stain and if I want a gloss look, I normally use MAC's Clear Lipglass and then apply the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream on top of the gloss. Help to intensify a color with longer lasting results. The tube is not tight at the tip and it doesn't take off the excess cream on the sponge tip. So, be careful because it can be a bit messy. The price is not bad its around $6 at any local beauty supply store but it could be cheaper. Also, the lip stains may not be true to color from looking at the tube. Milan looks like it has a hint of Lavender coloring in it. Milan (from first glance at the tube) look like MAC's Viva Glam V or MAC's Cremesheen Modesty (the lipstick). So, if you can...test it first. Overall, this is a inexpensive lip stain which you only have to apply with one dab and it will last for at least 2-3 hour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lovelyxuglypie

These lip creams stay on longer than the average lipstick and do not "kiss off." Once you apply, it takes about 10 minutes to set completely, and for me, lasts about 4 hours. The texture is very light and reminds me of a mousse, if that makes any sense. The only issue I have with this product is that your lips can look hella gross with this on if they are at all dry/chapped. If my lips weren't dry as often as they are, I'd use this every day. If you're someone who doesn't have issues with dry lips, and like a matte finish, this could become a favorite for you. Also, take note that this isn't a product you can layer a lot/reapply without removing your initial coat. If you do that, it will look clumpy/streaky at best, and totally grody at worst. A point of interest for me is that even though this product can accentuate chapped lips, it doesn't tend to create dryness as do most of the lipsticks I've used in the past. While it can get a little crusty after being on your lips for several hours, it's only the product that gets flaky, not your actual lips.
Milan is a great cool-toned pink that to me appears to have just a hint of lavender. I'm an NC25 with pale lips and this shade does a good job of brightening them up, but isn't too bright to wear with a smokey eye. I tend to put just a little gloss on top of this so it doesn't get to feeling too dry after a while. If you're looking for something different than any lip product you've tried, give soft matte lip creams a shot!