January 31, 2015 | 1610 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 2:32:00 PM More reviews by jordanjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off I really struggled to find any NYX products in the UK but kept reading great things about them online. I don't really like shiny/glossy lips on myself, I don't know why I just don't think it suits me so I am super happy that matte lips are in fashion and more brands are making matte lipsticks etc! I was desperate to try the Soft Matte Lip Cream and I found them on Amazon so I spent ages looking at the colours available and googling colour swatches etc because I generally avoid buying cosmetics online as it is SO hard to judge colours. I thought Milan looked like a cute peachy pink colour but when it arrived and I tried it on it is definitely more of a plummy colour. Definitely not what I was expecting so I was kind of disappointed because I generally stick to real nudey pink shades because I feel that's what suits me best. However, when I put it on I fell in love with the texture! It goes on so smoothly and smells great. It also lasted for hours which is hard to find in any lipstick/gloss. I wasn't overly keen on the colour but left it on when I went out purely because I really enjoyed the matte texture and everyone said what a beautiful colour it was. I had so many compliments on my lip colour! I would absolutely recommend this for anyone that wants a matte look that doesn't dry out your lips but please be careful when picking your colour because they are very different to how they look in the tube. I will absolutely be purchasing more of these but perhaps not in Milan as it is definitely a tad too dark for me- I'm so used to pale shades that when I wear a dark lip I get super self conscious! But like I say it is a great product and although more expensive than other lip glosses it is definitely cheaper than other high end matte look products I have seen on offer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I love the Soft Matte Lip Creams for a lot of reasons but there is one thing I really dislike about this line and that is, you look at the tube and see one color and then you open it and get something completely different.

Milan looks like a soft mauvey rose but applies much louder, like a cool subdued but still in your face hot pink. This color really isn't for me and taught me a good lesson about thoroughly researching the matte lip cream shades before purchasing.

Shade issues aside, these apply so well, dry to a gorgeous matte finish and are nearly transfer resistent, all things I adore about this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by ellen1159

For an inexpensive brand, I think NYX is great quality. I was surprised by how bright pink this was, really was expecting a more mauvey-nude rose, but I didn't mind giving it a try for the day. Bigger issue for me was the matte finish, I'm just too old for it. Still, if you like a matte finish, this goes on easy and is very long wearing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have very pale, slightly cool-toned to neutral skin. From the packaging, this shade looked like it would be a pinkish mauve, MLBB shade. Unfortunately, upon application, it was a MUCH brighter pink than I would ordinarily wear to work/at my age. I wore it for one day and felt garish. A plus was that it was very, very long-lasting, comfortable to wear, and not at all drying; applied creamy at first and then quickly became a matte finish. Smells pleasantly of yellow cake batter and is easy to apply. Only reason I wouldn't repurchase is the color. Will definitely try other shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by manderly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You know when I tried this on I almost jumped back from the mirror. It's garish - or so I thought at first sight. But then it grew on me.

This is much more pink and young then I would have ever thought I'd wear and the color didn't come across on the swatches her as much as I thought.

I've decided I actually really like this color. It's a fun, peppy little pink mauve on me that's different from the darker or nuder colors I'm used to.

It's a great addition to your collection if you're looking for something a little more daring :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by queengoldchainsz

I bought this off amazon and is way darker then I expected its a really dark mauve pink color. would look better on someone older or darker. I wouldn't re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by hopeofdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

A gorgeous matte lipstick product in a beautiful colour. Its staying power is really good, except for the center of the lips where I find I have to reapply after a few of hours. Overall a good product that I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by makeyourself420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Damn i think this is my staple. I find myself reaching for this everyday! Mac's "Please Me" was my go to but not anymore! Smooth creamy application that has a lovely matte finish. Make sure to apply thinly, this stuff will cake if you dont apply it right. What a beautiful color!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by XxmzVickyxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sooooo impressed with NYX I have never used them before I am deffo digging what they have to offer. I recently reviewed the collection cream puff in cotton candy which is identical to this in colour, however this blows it out of the water. It glides on the lips and is very opaque, it's rather drying which you would expect so I just pop lip balm on before I apply this and then just top up with lip balm through the day, it's lasted about 5 hours and like last time I ate and drank even more coffee and it stuck around, would deffo recommend this, and from what I gather NYX in general!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Really digging the NYX soft matte lippies, this product is a hit with me, I own the shades Milan and San Paulo as I gravitate towards warm, pigmented colors. Really impressed with both, I'd say Milan is a perfect MLBB everyday shade that's brighter and a few shades darker than my natural lips--looks nice on my skin tone too, NC25 with brown hair and blue eyes. One of the go-to products for my daily makeup look, really brightens my face and looks polished.

The texture can be drying, I find that it requires some chapstick prior to application or it sticks to dry patches on lips, that's my only complaint. Smells good like vanilla candy and lasts about 4 hours, leaving a nice stain behind that's true to color. Don't sleep on this one!! I pray NYX never DC's this line and adds more bold shades :) will repurchase gladly.