September 23, 2014 | 1991 users online

Treatments - Butter London - Handbag Holiday Cuticle Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by abarton3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have a nasty habit of tearing/picking at my cuticles. Since getting a big-girl job in DC and shaking a lot of hands, I became self-conscious about the state of my fingers. I tried quite a few cuticle creams/oils, and this is what I landed on. It's about as perfect as I can imagine a cuticle treatment could be.

First, as everyone stated, the smell is fantastic. I carry this with me everywhere since I have a tendency to pick my cuticles at work/when I'm stressed. It smells great for a moment, but the smell disappears when it dries. The thing I love most about this is the packaging. I love that there's a brush so I don't need to get my fingertips all greasy. I can apply, and then go straight back to typing/using a mouse without getting my computer all greasy. I keep it in my purse all the time, and I've never had it spill. I've had it over 6 months, use it almost every day, and I've gone through maybe an eighth of the bottle. I've noticed my fingers look significantly less ragged.

It's more expensive than the other cuticle treatments I've tried, but it's the only one I'm still using. Definitely worth the initial cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by eshep91

I have a variety of cuticle oils. I'm a little obsessed. Ha! But this one hands down is the best. Love the smell and my cuticles seem more moisturized even after hand washes and sometimes after using hand sanitizer. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who had dry cuticles.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This smells off-putting, like pineapple, but a little bit like...sorry..unwashed crotch.

maybe this bottle went bad?

seems to sink in well.

I bought some sweet almond oil to try instead

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by DamenesGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had a long battle with my nails and have bitten them my whole life. Recently I stopped and I have been using this for my cuticles each day.

It leaves them soft and nourished and it smells amazing. The smell lingers too and when I use it I can smell it for the rest of the day, love it! It also doesn't feel greasy as it soaks in fast.

It's expensive but is a big bottle and this oil is going to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by bioismylife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this after finishing a bottle of Opi's avoplex cuticle oil, and this is an amazing product. Pro(s): 1) absorbs really well and fast 2) conditions both the nail and cuticle, which made my nails more resistant to breakage 3) prevented my nails from peeling after painting them and using nail polish remover (which normally peels my nails a lot without the oil) 4) smells like an island vacation 5) Get a lot of product Cons: 1) expensive (costs about $19 alone, but in a combo pack with the Melt Away Cuticle Eliminator costs normally $29, but i got it 30% off on butterlondon.com thru one of their monthly sales).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is my first cuticle oil and I was going to swap it away without trying it but I was lured by the coconut/pineapple scent and I'm glad I tried it! My hands have been looking dry and raggedly lately because I'm always washing my hands with hot water and soap. After brushing some of this oil around my nailbeds I can honestly say it's made a huge difference in the appearance of my cuticles. The scent reminds me of a tropical island (I swear as a little girl I had a My Little Pony that smelled like this - does anyone remember what I'm talking about?) and it absorbs quickly. It's a little pricey like all Butter London products but if you can get this at a discount, it's not so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

I have been a Solar Oil Fan for years...this product beats it hands down.. It is a very generous bottle and the oil sinks in very fast. I am on a mission to finally do all my own manicures at age 54. The oil has a very nice fast fading scent. Leaves my overclipped cuticles feeling dry and smooth. (I am on a mission to never have a manicurist clip my cuticles again)..

I have now officially triwn out all my old nail products and will only be using Butter London products (save my chanel ballerina polish)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells awesome! I was sad when my Sallys dc'd my favourite tropical scented cuticle oil so this fills that gap. Much more moisturising than most I've tried. Expensive but lasts forever. Yum.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by carlan80

My cuticles look healthy after using this. Worth the price and I love the smell!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is great cuticle treatment that smells heavenly! smells like my tropical vacations. it absorbs quickly which is fabulous because i don't like when my hands/finger tips are oily. after using this, my cuticles and nails look so much healthier!