November 25, 2014 | 1886 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by heartillygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this eye cream for 2 months. It doesn't break me out. I like how it's not too thick. It did not fade my dark circles. I started using eye cream because I am in my mid twenties and was told I should start using one. This is a good eye cream for those who wants to begin. Even though it didn't do much for me, I'm just glad it didn't break me out. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't see a difference between using it and not using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by susieax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful packaging, a nice, semi-thick cream. I haven't seen any brightening around the eyes as it promises, but it's a very nice cream which leaves your eyes feeling refreshed rather than heavy which is perfect for sensitive eyes like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by paigecauffield

As someone in my early 20s, I've been told and told again that I should begin adding an eye cream to my skin care regime. But being so young, I didn't want a product that would be too expensive or too strong. I purchased Benefit's "It's Potent" about a year ago after a friend recommended it to me and I think it is the perfect subtle eye cream for younger girls to begin with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Ratach

I am only in my twenties, so I was having trouble finding a suitable eye cream for myself. Many people will question the fact that I use an eye cream at such a young age, but living a stressful life with inadequate sleep I am paranoid about getting premature wrinkles. Since Benefit is generally marketed to a younger crowd with its packaging, I figured their eye cream might be more suitable for women under the age of 35. So far I'm halfway through this product and already feel its positive effects. If you're like me and looking for a subtle moisturiser for your eyes, then Benefit It's Potent is for you. However I advise more mature ladies to look for a more intense cream or serum.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I HAD THE SAMPLE
Hmm... This was OK. It was creamy and moisturizing, didn't cause me to break out or give me milia. It worked fine to help moisturize but I saw no brightening effect. Also, it stings if you get it in your eyes (which always seemed to happen). I had several samples worth - enough to last me 2-3 weeks - but I priced this and don't think it's worth the cost. There was no scent, which I liked.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is going to be a fairly short review because I actually had a weird reaction to this product. After two days of using this cream, underneath my eyes became extremely dry and flaky. I have never before had this happen and, it hasn't happened again after using this stuff. I know everyone has different reactions to products, but I would not recommend using this cream. If you do decide to try it please make sure to do test on your skin first!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing stuff! I've been using it for about 2 weeks.
I apply in the morning before makeup and at night before bed. Only a tiny amount is needed, as it goes far!

Dark circles have been brightened. Lines smoothed. Even puffyness seems to be minimal now. It's very hydrating, it's not greasy or difficult to pat into the skin.

The biggest thing though is the effect it's had on dark circles, they've pretty much gone. My eye area looks so much brighter and younger.

Will be buying again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've not used any other eye creams so this is just me commenting on what I thought about it in general. I received a trial size as a gift, and then a gift from purchase as well. So I have a decent amount of the product I've tried.

I found it to have a really nice consistency and works nicely under my eye makeup. My skin soaks it in and doesn not look oily. But as far as brightening or reduction of dark circles, not really didn't do that at all. I have a well moisturized eye area and only 30, so I have not had a need for eye creams (yet, but I am starting to get interested).

I have done some basic research on eye cream ingredients and while I can't rattle off what's good or bad or whats in this eye cream or not, I do know that it was universally dejected by sciency-reviews that this eye cream has very few helpful ingredients. The two major drawbacks is that it is in a tub which will be ruined quickly by oxygen (the ingredients are no longer effective, supposedly). And second it has alcohol in it, which for the eye area and face in general just isn't a good ingredient.

But overall, I kind of like it, just as a basic cream added to my eye care routine until its gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Unlike other reviewers, I actually enjoyed this product! I used the whole thing up, and have moved on to another eye cream already - but I could see myself going back to this!
I used this as a daytime under eye cream, before applying makeup. The texture is thinner than most, but it still did it's job. My favorite part about this eye cream was definitely the fact that it sunk in almost instantly. It's like my under eye area NEEDED it, because it drank it in shockingly fast. This made everything go quicker, and meant I was able to start applying makeup right away. Another plus with this eye cream was the brightening affect it gave. It definitely helped me look more awake in the morning. There is no actual color that it gives off to help conceal darkness, but there is something a bit "illuminating" about it. Because of that, I only used it during the day.

To those who had bad reactions to this product - if you are applying this too close to your eye, or lashline - it will burn. It would with most eye creams. Try applying it a little less close to the actual eye, and pat it in DON'T rub. When we rub - we don't always know exactly where the eye cream is going - and it has a tendency to spread out. I think maybe that's what is going on for other's with this product. It could also be something in the ingredients, but I have sensitive eyes - if anyone has a bad reaction to an eye cream it's usually me!!!

Like I said before, I have moved on to a new eye cream (Tarte-Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment) but I would be more than happy to use this one again in the future. I could also see this being a great "starter" eye cream for those just getting into the whole skincare thing. It's lightweight, and sinks in immediately which makes it quite nice for beginners.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Benefit claims this product reduces dark circles and fine lines, but it did neither for me. It's not very moisturizing, either. If you have dry under-eye skin that needs some TLC, look elsewhere.
Also, while looking at the ingredients list, I noticed that it contains straight alcohol, fairly high up on the list. No wonder it's not moisturizing.