October 1, 2014 | 1858 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is going to be a fairly short review because I actually had a weird reaction to this product. After two days of using this cream, underneath my eyes became extremely dry and flaky. I have never before had this happen and, it hasn't happened again after using this stuff. I know everyone has different reactions to products, but I would not recommend using this cream. If you do decide to try it please make sure to do test on your skin first!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing stuff! I've been using it for about 2 weeks.
I apply in the morning before makeup and at night before bed. Only a tiny amount is needed, as it goes far!

Dark circles have been brightened. Lines smoothed. Even puffyness seems to be minimal now. It's very hydrating, it's not greasy or difficult to pat into the skin.

The biggest thing though is the effect it's had on dark circles, they've pretty much gone. My eye area looks so much brighter and younger.

Will be buying again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've not used any other eye creams so this is just me commenting on what I thought about it in general. I received a trial size as a gift, and then a gift from purchase as well. So I have a decent amount of the product I've tried.

I found it to have a really nice consistency and works nicely under my eye makeup. My skin soaks it in and doesn not look oily. But as far as brightening or reduction of dark circles, not really didn't do that at all. I have a well moisturized eye area and only 30, so I have not had a need for eye creams (yet, but I am starting to get interested).

I have done some basic research on eye cream ingredients and while I can't rattle off what's good or bad or whats in this eye cream or not, I do know that it was universally dejected by sciency-reviews that this eye cream has very few helpful ingredients. The two major drawbacks is that it is in a tub which will be ruined quickly by oxygen (the ingredients are no longer effective, supposedly). And second it has alcohol in it, which for the eye area and face in general just isn't a good ingredient.

But overall, I kind of like it, just as a basic cream added to my eye care routine until its gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Unlike other reviewers, I actually enjoyed this product! I used the whole thing up, and have moved on to another eye cream already - but I could see myself going back to this!
I used this as a daytime under eye cream, before applying makeup. The texture is thinner than most, but it still did it's job. My favorite part about this eye cream was definitely the fact that it sunk in almost instantly. It's like my under eye area NEEDED it, because it drank it in shockingly fast. This made everything go quicker, and meant I was able to start applying makeup right away. Another plus with this eye cream was the brightening affect it gave. It definitely helped me look more awake in the morning. There is no actual color that it gives off to help conceal darkness, but there is something a bit "illuminating" about it. Because of that, I only used it during the day.

To those who had bad reactions to this product - if you are applying this too close to your eye, or lashline - it will burn. It would with most eye creams. Try applying it a little less close to the actual eye, and pat it in DON'T rub. When we rub - we don't always know exactly where the eye cream is going - and it has a tendency to spread out. I think maybe that's what is going on for other's with this product. It could also be something in the ingredients, but I have sensitive eyes - if anyone has a bad reaction to an eye cream it's usually me!!!

Like I said before, I have moved on to a new eye cream (Tarte-Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment) but I would be more than happy to use this one again in the future. I could also see this being a great "starter" eye cream for those just getting into the whole skincare thing. It's lightweight, and sinks in immediately which makes it quite nice for beginners.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Benefit claims this product reduces dark circles and fine lines, but it did neither for me. It's not very moisturizing, either. If you have dry under-eye skin that needs some TLC, look elsewhere.
Also, while looking at the ingredients list, I noticed that it contains straight alcohol, fairly high up on the list. No wonder it's not moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not overly impressed with this eye cream. I am fortunate that I don't have fine lines or crows feet yet, so this cream does keep my undereye skin hydrated. It seems to lighten any mild darkness under the eye. Is not greasy or cause makeup to cake under the eye. Still looking for my HG eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I didn't know that this product contained alcohol, which explained the slight tingling sensation I feel each time I dabbed this on, but that did not affect my usage in any way. Yes, I do have sensitive skin yet this eye cream was mild enough to yield results and not cause any breakouts or irritation.

A bit of background about my eyes. I typically do not care about fine lines and wrinkles although I have noticed the abundance of them lately. It's Potent was a free gift and I decided to try it out. As someone with double eyelids, I'm prone to occasionally having an extra crease each time I rub my eyes too vigorously. For that, this eye cream has helped immensely. I notice a smoother eyelid area. And although my undereye circles aren't too dark, I find that they're less dull after I've applied the cream.

Since it's my first eye cream, I'm holding off the idea of purchasing it when it runs out. But let me assure you that it's not as terrible as the other reviews make it appear to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product...is my absolute favourite eye-cream. Such a shame to see negative reviews, however I do understand why in some cases.

Let me start off with the fact that yes this product is expensive but cheaper and bigger than high-end eyecreams, and yes this product is probably not good for sensitive skin. Why? Because it contains alcohol. This can cause a stinging sensation around the eyes especially after you take off your makeup and your skin is a bit raw from using wipes or what not. This all depends on your skin type and how your skin reacts to it. I urge you all to try it because if it works for you it will do wonders!

Try it out before you judge. I use this at night and in the morning, using my ring finger to pat the skin around my eyes gently. I bought this together with Erase Paste from benefit and as much as I love how fantastic Erase Paste is, I hardly need to use it now. Erase Paste is saved for serious emergencies and serious tired dark eyes/eyebags now.

Today is Sunday and I'm using it right now in the day to treat my skin, free of makeup. It has been almost a week since I've been using this cream. Went to look in the mirror and I feel like I don't even need to use concealer under my eyes anymore. This cream has seriously brightened up my dark circles. I do not have severe dark circles, so if you do I think this product might take more than a week to see results.

I'm hoping this eye-cream works for more people out there than just me, because I think it will really perk up your confidence like it has mine. I'm loving it so much! Hope I helped anyone out there looking for the perfect eye-cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sweetie2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have genetic under eye dark circles and sometimes sensitive skin. I got a sample of this and tried for a few days (less than a week) by applying with Q-tip and found it help reduce brighten the under eye area. I have been eating healthier the last few days but my sleep pattern didn't change much. I have used Borghese eye cream, the Body Shop vitamin C eye cream and Clinique all about eyes, but I found them causing oil pimple outbreak around my eyes. Benefit it's potent hasn't caused any outbreak (yet). I didn't experience sting nor burning feeling like others did. If the sample continues to improve my dark circle issue and I run out of it, I might buy it again. I am also tempted to try eye product with retinol to prevent aging because I am in my late 20s.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I'd read these reviews before testing, because I experienced the same terrible stinging as many others have. Granted, I do have sensitive skin, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, regardless of skin type. It also made my skin feel puffy and swollen.