October 1, 2014 | 1671 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Anti-Frizz & Anti-Humidity Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by handbag007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kerastase Nutritive Oleo Relax- Elixir
This is a review for the Oleo Elixir that is being discontinued 5/2011.
I am an African American with thick hair. This is the best for smoothing and straightening hair with a flat iron. Unbelievable. It gets the results you want!!! It gets your hair super straight. I first shampooed my hair with Kerastase Oleo Shampoo and then conditioner. I use the entire line. I then put 3 squirts and coat my hair and then follow with leave in mousse. I then blow dry my hair and afterwards, I use about 4 squirts before I flat iron.
This is the best of the best people. It gets your hair bone straight and looks so good. This is my first review and I had to do it with this. Now the bad part.. The Elixir is being discontinued( but you can find it at several places online-- )and has been replaced by a thinner and weaker serum. I purchased the serum to give it a try and will post another review afterwards..
Even though this line is expensive.. I love it and will continue to purchase.
You won't be sorry. Remember.. use it most when hair is dry and ready for flat ironing!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by tiinnhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Kerastase oleo-relax anti-frizz anti-humidity spray and its horrible I hate it. I'm just gonna do a pros and cons for you guys to decide if the product is for you on your own.
PROS:
Is resilient from frizz.
Free of silicon, so it won't weight your hair down.
Adds shine (not the good kind of shine though)
Thats pretty much it for my pros.
CONS:
EXPENSIVE at $45USD for 3.4fl oz.
Smells DISGUSTING
Makes hair look oily (I have really long hair. I only used three pumps of spray and my hair STILL looked like a ball of grease)
Makes hair FEEL GREASY
Poor packaging. (The liquids inside the spray is starting to leak out the bottle, and the label is peelling off.)
You would think with such a steep price of almost $50USD this product would feel like silk on your hair and not grease.
Although to be fair, the product only said that it would protect against frizz and humidity, (which it does) and nothing more. I guess its just too much to expect of a hair product to be multi-functional. Sigh.
Regardless to say, I will not be purchasing this product ever again.