August 21, 2014 | 1420 users online

Other - Vaseline - Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I like this for my elbows, feet and of course my lips. I have the little baby tub which is so cute and looks just like the large jar.
I did buy the larger jar to refill my little one that I keep by my bed for nighttime.
Right now I am liking the baby scented one. Which is weird because I usually do not like it much but think it is nice and calming at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

I like this one better than the original plain vaseline... Because this actually has cocoa butter in it, which is moisturizing. Also I find it to not be as thick and not only that it smells better! I LAAVV the smell of cocoa butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by catgirldjh

i had previously written a review of this a couple of years ago. i loved it then but thought that perhaps it was clogging the pores on my chin area. turns out that it was the dove soap i was using that was clogging my pores! i had quit everything except for the dove soap and still had then and finally stopped using it and no more clogged pores!

now i use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for my face and use this after. i take about a quarter sized glob of the Cetaphil and rub it all over my dry face and neck. then i remove it with a dry washcloth rubbing gently to exfoliate a bit. after that i wet the wash cloth and do it again. then i rub about a finger ends worth of the Vaseline with cocoa butter between my hands and pat it all over my face and neck. around my eyes especially responds to this as well as my neck.

i've tried to stop using it and go back to my cold creams and find to my amazement that the Vaseline feels much less sticky and hot in the humid weather! it seems to sink in better for me and if there is any extra after about a half hour, i just wipe it off gently with a tissue.

for anyone with aging picky skin i recommend both these products together. they seem to leave less residue than creams or lotions. and if needed for waterproof eye shadow you can massage in some of the Vaseline on your eyes first and then use the Cetaphil cleanser. works like a charm!

i love them both and have bought both several times and will again and i recommend them as well :) i've even got my mother using the duo!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay let me put it this way: this product works pretty well hydration your skin--or so I thought.
I bought a container of this and started using it a few days after I opened it on my lips. My lips seemed to be very moisturized. But for some reason I decided to do research on this product.
According to dermatologists, vaseline SEEMS to moisturize but really it clogs up your pores. And since it's waterproof, it is very had to remove.
I really had hoped I would like this product but from what I have heard, I don't think I will be repurchasing it :-(
**just google search "is vaseline bad" and you'll see the truth!!**

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Angie9024

Nice scent and a fantastic moisturizer. Keep in mind it is very concentrated!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vaseline petroleum jelly definitely has a place in skincare, but it was something that I purchased very rarely. For my dry skin issues I always purchased expensive Aquaphor. I still love Aquaphor and find it to be the superior moisturizer in terms of its long lasting quality, but I really like this cocoa butter Vaseline formula. It is way cheaper but I find that it does not last quite as long on the skin. I've not had any problems with breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by cheshirecatds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently moved to the Midwest from Houston, and my skin (among other things) has suffered drastically as a result. The winter here is unbelievably dry and harsh, especially compared to the humidity on the Gulf coast; not long into the season, I noticed my face beginning to peel and flake, particularly around the mouth, chin, and nose. My hands were even worse - they became so rough and cracked that I couldn't touch certain clothing (silk, fine knits) without snagging it.
I've been through a lot of moisturizers - if something smells good and is on sale, I'll buy it - mostly Bath & Body Works and Burt's Bees. The former doesn't do much (it washes off almost immediately), and the latter, though more effective, can cost a small fortune if you use it consistently. I'd read good things about Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion, so I gave it a shot, but it burned when I applied it and left an unpleasant, tacky feeling on my hands for quite awhile after I used it.
And then one day I was at Wal-Mart, slinking through the lotion aisle, and I saw this. I've never been a user of Vaseline, but this was super cheap (less than $2.50) and contains cocoa butter, which I love, so I gave it a shot...and oh, man. It's amazing.
Yes, it's Vaseline, so it's quite greasy when you first apply - just don't touch your keyboard or whatever for a couple minutes while it sinks in. The cocoa butter smell is okay; it's a bit strong for me, but it doesn't really linger once it's absorbed into your hand, so it's not a problem. But the results - amazing. My hands are incredibly smooth and moisturized after I use this - no snagging, no cracking, no rough fingertips or burning. Even my fingernails have stopped chipping and peeling. This is a miracle-worker, and it's more effective than moisturizers on which I've spent 10x more money. I would absolutely buy it again, and I plan to, even after after I move back home. It's been two months since I bought it and I'm slightly less than halfway through the little tub (a little goes a very long way here), but even if one went through a tub a month, it wouldn't make a dent in anyone's finances.
All in all, a wonderful product worth a lot more than it costs.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Continuance

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Petroleum jelly is the best, mostly on hands and feet to prevent it drying out.
Creates a barrier to prevent your skin's moisture from escaping!
Always have some handy.
Do not use on face where it can build up and block, add to blackheads or create 'white fat deposit bumps' around the eyes. Not being organic, the body does not dispose of it easily. On hands, feet and other locations, it will wear and easily and quickly be sloughed off.
Cocoa butter not essential, prefer plain, but will use.
Works on squeaky bathroom door hinges too!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by valer0us

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall horrible. I love using Vaseline. I use it every day but this product is thick and sticky and just doesn't do for me what the good ol' fashioned plain Vaseline does. Pass on this and get the regular.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by lovermac

My husband has the driest skin I have ever seen on anyone. We have tried everything on his skin. I read the great reviews on here and ran out and picked this up for him. This stuff has been amazing for his skin. His skin actually looks nice and moisturized rather than a face full of flakes all the time. I started using it around my eyes and on my lips and I like it too. You can't beat the price. I highly recommend this to everyone,

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No