Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

4.6

Petrolatum, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance.

This is the first review I've ever written. This product was recommended to me by my friend who noticed how chapped my lips were. I made sure I got it the next time I went to the pharmacy and I am SO glad I did. Not only did I use it on my lips (which by the way were immediately soothed and soft), but I also decided to apply a thin coat over my feet and wore socks. Literally an hour later I took the socks off and my feet were completely transformed. I am never using any moisturiser ever again. The texture and smell is great, it's easy to spread and goes not feel heavy or greasy on the skin. Just an overall womderful experience :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

To be honest, I had this for a year or two and HATED it. I put it away as it was almost finished anyway, used it again an I love it.

I think the MAJOR difference now is that I use A LOT less.
Using less it give me such better results. My skin has that glowy look I want but doesn't feel greasy, heavy or like it's just sitting on top of my skin.
Ive been liking it more when my humidifier is on.
Petroleum is an emollient and is meant to trap water to keep it on the skins surface and keep it moisturized.
If the air is dry it may not feel as moisturizing and your skin may feel greasy/has a film but dehydrated and that could be the reason.
I also LOVE the scent of this. A nice sort of chocolate scent.
I've used the matching lotion of this line and it has that same scent but after using the lotion more the scent smelled so... Synthetic. Perhaps the other ingredients aged differently and the scent changed whereas this still has that cocoa butter smell and doesn't have a synthetic scent

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't like to wear foundation during the summer so I usually rub this in over my moisturizer. I find that pore minimizing products leave my skin looking too matte. All day my face looks fresh and more youthful. People look disgusted when I tell them what I use on my skin. Vaseline!?

I use it on my armpits after showering, because I have dry looking uglies.

I use it on the end of my hair in the winter. Static is horrid during New England winters.

My husband, if he runs out of his usual brilliantine...which is rare find in my area, uses it to groom his hair. It looks great. He his the best hair. Smells fantastic!

When I apply spray tan, barrier cream just does not work for some clients. Especially bartenders! Vaseline is a guarantee that don't get any staining whatsoever. I use it on the threads on the applicator canister as well.

Winter lips. Dry legs. Dry hands.

I keep a mini with my make up and a mini in my bag.

I could go on with all of the uses, but I think I've made my point.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this stuff is my jam, for real. i only use it on my lips and it moisturizes them super well. i have the cute little baby container that i've been getting into and an unopened bigger version of it that i haven't gotten to yet because the baby container has lasted me about a year so far. you don't need a lot so it'll last for a very long time.

i don't know when the flip-top attached lid became a thing, but it is neat.
the CVS-brand Lavender And Chamomile Petroleum Jelly tub i have just has the regular old-fashioned lid, so maybe it is a name-brand thing?

anyhoo. bought this based on rave reviews, and because i like the smell of cocoa butter.

this smells awful. it smells like coconut (i hate the smell of coconut!)... i tried just using it on my feet, and then in socks, but i could still smell the stink.

my mom liked it, so i gave it to her.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use this, my husband uses this and I've used this on my daughter for the past 3 years. i love it. It's simple and great.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my winter go to. I use it for my feet, cuticles, elbows..and additional ashy places lol. It's really moisturizing and smells good!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

love this! great price, smells great and works great!! especially in the cold (chapped lips, skin etc) x

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING!!!!!!! I use it for everything on my body and it heals very chapped lips. HG product will use it forever!! Very good base to hold a favorite perfume too. Just rub a little where you spray your favorite fragrance and it lasts for hours. I really love this stuff thanks Vaseline!!

Omg these are the cutest little things ever!!! I have these adorable little jars in the original, cocoa butter and rose (But I could only find the rose version in the USA at rite aid.) They work so well with moisturizing your lips, face, body and pretty much everywhere. When I'm in a pickle I will just whip one of these out and start moisturizing anything: everything... Even down to my cuticles and elbows lol.

And when I have a really bad cold and I blow my nose too much with my Kleenex, the skin on my nose, the top of my lip and lips get super dry and flaky. To the point it's painful because I've rubbed the skin raw. The only thing that helps is Vaseline petroleum jelly. Before I go to bed I apply a thick amount of this all over my raw skin, and by the next day my skin is back to normal.

And I love how this smells so yummy!! Vaseline, you guys took CUTE AND ADORABLE to a whole new level!! I got this for $2 cdn at shoppers drug mart.

Popular Other Products