December 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Lipstick - Dior - Addict - 530 Bobo (was Spotlight Coral)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by stls

Bobo is a very pretty peachy pink moisturizing semi-sheer lipstick with tons of shine! I hesitated to buy it because I really don't like glossy, frosty, glittery or metallic lip colors but it looks classy, fresh and flattering against my fair neutral to warm skin.

If I want to make it look brighter and more pigmented I layer with Dior Addict Extreme in Riviera and works perfectly. I'm impressed with Dior's modern colors and textures.

Longevity is average -if not weak- and I'm not a big fan of the packaging, though. It's unnecessarily bulky and plastic, looks like a kid's toy. And of course it's a pricey lipstick. I'll gladly use it up and would recommend but when I run out I'll most certainly try something new.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not gonna lie - this is really not worth the money, but if you want to own a lux lipstick that makes you feel like a princess when you pull it out, this is the one. The formula is similar to Revlon lip butters, although slightly less moisturising.

The GOOD: the packaging is amazing. Very studry and usable, but also beautiful to look at, I love it. The colour (530 - Bobo) I purchased because that is my nickname and I like peachy lipsticks. On my NC15ish skin this learns to more of a warm pinky peach than coral, and has microglitters or shimmer throughout. I have worn it over other lip products and on it's own and it looks lovely and natural. Very classy and subtle but still there. A real MLBB.

The BAD: It is expensive, and because it is so soft and glossy will not last as long as a more longwearing lip product. For me, I consider it worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best kind of lipstick/lipbalm that I came across in my makeup wearer career. I have quite delicate features so anything with any reasonable dose of colour and opacity instead of making me look sophisticated just makes me to look like a clown!

However this myth of wearing a lipstick as an only elegant alternative when you are over 30 resulted in search of a perfect option and this Dior product is simply perfect - pretty low maintenance in comparison with a lipstick (I can apply it w/o mirror), with a galmourous packaging that does not get distorted when carried loosely in a purse or a pocket hits the nail on the spot.

The shade Bobo 530 is perfect for brightening my quite pale complexion with warm undertones (I wear Chanel foundations in 20 and Dior ones in 020) - the whole face perks up when it is on my lips. One cannot exactly put a finger on it why my face suddenly perked up and that is exactly what I want from my makeup.

I have actually got it by accident - it was my mum who pointed it out to me, bless her, as a colour that would work for me - I was usually going for more pinkier tones.

It also keeps my lips quite well moisturised and plump and doubles as a cream blush.
PERFECT! 5 out of 5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The other reviewers have described the colour in depth so I won't add anything further except to write that this is a beautiful, soft coral shade that makes my lips look full. The pigment is so-so and it barely makes it through my morning coffee so one lipstick deducted for that.
This shade is great for those with warm skin tones. (Asian NC30)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by beth6644

I agree with everything the previous reviewer says EXCEPT for the reference to "sparkles". I'd call it "shimmer". The shimmer is subtle, unlike what I think of with sparkles, larger chunks that would be totally inappropriate in a high-end lipstick. Love this soft coral and adore all Dior products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This new line of lippies are listed as "Vibrant Color Spectacular Shine" and indeed to me these are the replacement of the Dior Addict High Shine, discontinued time ago.
It is an amazing launch of 44 shades - but to my humble opinion many are dupes one of the other, i.e. 44 shades are to many.
Dior Addict Lipstick is the now so trendy mid-way between a gloss and a lipstick.
They are similar to the recently launched Chanel Rouge Coco Shine. Sheer lipstick, in a word.
I love better the Dior formulation on the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine . Dior Addict is creamier and has more shimmer.
Well first the packaging: itís now a revamped Dior Addict Packaging, the outer tube has a glossy and classy plexi case with an inner silver tube and a silver band .
Plus a silver button-like like top, that you pull out to get out the lipstick silver tube itself.
As with all sheer lippies, it does not last all day. I get an average 3 hours wear with this new formula. (as an average gloss in my opinion).
So it has an average lasting power I would say. But the shades are... brilliant (Literally!!)

I have bought in shade 530 Bobo (i discover that it's the equivalent of the previously named 530 Spotlight Coral).
Bobo is pink coral with sparkles. I love it with my NC15-20 skintone (i love corals it has to be said!).
The lipstick requires a few coats to achieve opaqueness since it is little pigmented - but even with fewer coats, it looks natural and elegant. It shines a ton!
I like it a lot, and plan to buy other shades!
It is sold at 26.90 Euros almost like the other Dior Rouges but the content is slightly inferior (3.5g/0.12oz) if you compare the content of a Gloss tube (6ml -10 ml)Ö so in the end it may result as being more expensive.
However, with 44 shades to chose among... it will be a lot of fun. Totally recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No