September 21, 2014 | 2076 users online

Highlighters - LORAC - 3D Liquid Lustre

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I heard one of my favorite YouTubers talk about this product, and I'm a huge fan of doing inner-corner highlighting, so I decided to pick this up in Diamond and Gold. I don't know if I didn't shake the bottle enough, but it transferred just the sparkle, and not any of the silver/gold pigmentation. Nonetheless, I love this product so much! For about $16, I don't really think it's overpriced, because a little bit of product goes a long way. I use a small concealer brush to apply this, and it looks so pretty! It would look amazing over some shimmery eye shadows as well. I would highly recommend this product to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmarie502

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My initial thought was this product was over priced until I got it home and had the chance to play with it. I have read many reviews saying it's difficult to work with just putting the drops directing on the lids. I tried that method first as well and was extremely disappointed with the result and thought I had wasted my money. UNTIL... I put a drop on the back of my hand and just dabbed it over my shadow and it was stunning; no mess, no budge of my shadow, and I repeated the process to build up my desired results & I fell in love!! It wore all day and looked FABULOUS! I received many complements and recommend it to many; so to any of you all have trouble I hope it helped! Xoxo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I was eyeballing this for a few days before I actually got it, I got the gift set with the 4 different colors. Wow, I am so glad it quit hesitating. These look beautiful on their own, and I was afraid that putting them over shadow would mess up the shadow, but nope. I can gently pat a tiny amount over my eyeshadow and it can make even the most lackluster shadows instantly glamorous. The set was a fantastic deal at $28 for 4 of them. I'm sure they will last me a long time, considering I only need to most minuscule amount to achieve the look I want. This was my first Lorac purchase and I'm very impressed!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is in a tiny glass bottle with a dropper. You shake the water and glittery/shimmer. Then you are able to dab some onto your eyes. Well it goes on too white if you're not careful, it can also really disturb your shadow. The pro is that it does stay put. I'm not a fan, it's too hard to use. I bought Too Faced Glitter. They are finely milled, shimmery loveliness and all you do is dab the dry product on and it gorgeous and stays all day. MUFE has one similar. I plan to return this or give it away

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I definitely regret purchasing this... it's not that it's a particularly bad product, it's just nothing special and it's kind of hard to use. Because it's a liquid, it can remove the e/s you already have on if you're not careful.

Also..... I swear to god this stuff is evaporating or something inside its container!! I have used it TWICE, that's it, and each time I look at it more and more is gone (no, no one's raiding my makeup lol). Somehow already almots a third of this is gone, and I've only used it twice. WTF.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Ambermarie8408

I absolutely LOVE this product!! It's the perfect way to spice up a smokey eye or to add to the inner corners of your eyes. It's even nice worn alone!
I would recommend this to anyone, and i would definitely repurchase this!

I do wish the packaging wasn't so fragile though- I feel like it would break easily in my makeup bag!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by vyvyanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I first saw xsparkage using this and she made it sound/look AMAZING. I'm not a HUGE glitter fan (but I like it well enough). I kept putting it off and finally gave in. I had bought this with the intention of using it as an inner corner highlight and also on top of other eyeshadows to 'transform' the color.

The glitter in this concoction is very finely-milled, so much that it could pass as large shimmer/a sheen.

I think the product is quite expensive for the amount you get. I don't believe in paying $15 for glitter but... it was just too pretty. I do like that it's already a liquid so you don't have to buy a separate glitter base to mix with a loose glitter. I also think the eye dropper is genius --- it really reduces the potential mess.

Having said that, application still can get quite messy. Even if you use the smallest drop possible (I try for half a drop), the dropper still disperses way too much product. Maybe it's because I have small eyes... but I always get a lot of product waste --- which sucks since there isn't that much product to begin with. Half of the tube is the glitter and the other half is the liquid which you have to shake before using.

The main reason I took off one lippie is because the clear fluid (whatever it is made of) does not help the glitter adhere to your lids. I bought it kind of thinking that was the point... But as soon as the liquid evaporates, the glitter will move when touched (maybe I'll use a setting spray immediately after application?) Pretty lame move on Lorac's part...

But how much will you sacrifice for beautiful shimmer? Seriously, the 3D lustres are SO GORGEOUS and ENCHANTING. I could drool over them for ages.

I also haven't tried the 3D lustres on anything else but my eyes. I imagine it would be equally as beautiful on your decolletage. I think Sephora said you could use it on your cheeks... but I think it would be overkill --- also would probably emphasize pores.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I don't know why everyone's reviews on this are so high..I didn't like it at all. It's annoying to apply, drips everywhere, and with little payoff. Just a little sparkle. Like what the heck, LORAC??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by NinaSun

I can't stress how AMAZING this product is. It really does have a 3D sparkle effect that is beyond any other glitters I've seen. I have the one in silver and it has some gold sparkles in it too and when you put it on the lid the effect is simply gorgeous! It's also not chunky nor is it over glitter-ed like some of the NYX roll-on glitters or glitter pigments. It's a very subdued yet buildable shimmer that looks awesome just swiped once across the lid. The only thing negative I could say about this is that I don't really like how if you're trying to only put the glitter in a small area it's harder not to get it everywhere since I usually apply it with my fingers.

I will definitely be repurchasing this forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff ROCKS! I got it in my gratis when I worked at Sephora and I cannot live without my 3D Liquid Lustre!!! It makes any shadow super sparkly and a little bit goes a long way! It's so beautiful and honestly, for as beautiful as it makes all my shadows, I think the price is worth it!