July 26, 2014 | 1714 users online

Styling Products - Schwarzkopf - Osis Shine Duster Velvet Shine Powder

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No I absolutely would not buy this again and I can't imagine anyone else would either! Don't these people test their products? I feel seriously ripped off! I bought this because I am a no 1 fan of Osis Dust It and have been a regular user for a long while. I thought this might be an equivalent that gave a shine instead of a matte finish. It's not. It's virtually unusable after about 2 weeks.

I tried it for a couple of times - even watched a demo on the internet - and couldn't quite see what it was all about. It did give the hair a slight shine but there wasn't a great deal of styling about it - very difficult to get the hair to go into place as demonstrated on the video. They tell you to rub the powder in your hands until it goes creamy then apply to the hair, coaxing it into place.

After using it a few times I noticed it was becoming increasingly difficult to shake any out of the container - I know it's small but surely I hadn't used it all up already? Eventually I prised the top off and saw what the problem was. The "powder" had solidified into a solid lump and no way was it going to shake out of those holes! Now I had just kept this on the dressing table in my bedroom - not in a steamy bathroom where you might expect it to pick up moisture. In any event, there's no warning on the packet that it's liable to do this. Rubbish! It is now completely unusable.