April 16, 2014 | 1017 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Color Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

reading all the reviews, i wasnt quite sure that i would like this blush stick. but i do. i like it. i do not love it.
i got it in glow, full size. the tube is a bit wide and not really usefull for use as a lipcolor. which is ok, because i find this collor doesnt really show on my lips, but only makes them dry.
as a blush, i like it much better, because the color is absolutely gorgeous on my fair skin. my cheeks glow, yet the color is most natural. good for daytime and with another swipe, for an evening. i am in love with the way it looks.
note: not very easy to apply on dry skin. if your skin is dry, please add extra moisturizer or argan oil before using this stick.
staying power is average. again not bad, but not the best. i get 4-6 hours on everage.
if not for my beloved cheek gelee, i would probably give this blush a higher rating. i still might buy it in travel size, but nothing compares to the coolness and staying power of gelle. at least, nothing thus far :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ChristianChrissy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am all for NATURAL, but this color stick is 2 thumbs down 4 me. I got mine (color: Pink Peony) in a make-up kit from QVC & was actually shocked at the SMELL!! I have been an ardent user of essential oils for 25+ yrs & the STRONG scent of this 'color stick' caused me to do a 'double take.' It smells to high heaven of (mostly) tea tree oil. Even tho I can tolerate the strong smell, I KNEW many users would NOT! Also, I do like the idea of a combo lipstick & blush which I have done for decades w my Cover Girl lipstick, but JM missed the mark on this, too. On the lips, there is little color payoff & formula is too greasy as a lipstick. As a blush, the results r ok, but there is little 'staying' power. Also, I do like the color (4 my skin tone), but I recommend JM rethink the name. 'Pink Peony' is more like 'Rust Brick.' On the upside, this is the only product of Jodie Marins I am not impressed with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I love this in spice, a brown rosy color. It blends really nicely and gives a healthy glow. It lasts longer on me then other creme blushes I've used in the past. It smells minty and has a cooling effect. So far no clogged pores, will give it more time before deciding if its HG for creme blushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the portable stick of color idea and the shades are pretty, but the smell of these is just so off-putting that I cannot put them on my face. I received these as a gift and after smelling them, I was very glad that I did not pay for these. I went to look at the Tarte cheek stains, and those colors are beautiful AND they smell nice as well. I think that I would be much happier with the Tarte product instead of this one---which was a total no-go for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I really love Josie's products, and really do love certain things about these color sticks. The colors are beautiful and natural looking, and you get so much product it would take you forever to finish one.

I have two of them: Petal Pink, a peachy pink with a little bit of luminosity; and Beautiful, a natural rosy pink. Both the colors are ridiculously flattering in their own way. Petal is the color that brightens you up: it's the ultimate external hangover cure. Beautiful makes you look like a blushing bride, innocent and sensual at the same time. There's a major problem with Beautiful, though: from what I can tell, it's only available on QVC in the JM Pure & Simple kit. Believe me, the kit is totally worth it, but it really stinks that you might just want Beautiful and aren't able to get it separately if you wanted.

I take it easy with cream blush, as it's so much easier for my cheeks to look blotchy (which they are under my foundation). I only have to tap them on my cheeks for enough color. I then use my fingers to blend, using a tapping rather than a rubbing motion in order for my foundation to not get rubbed off. It looks so natural and so youthful.

As others have mentioned, they do have a smell. To me it smells like Tea Tree, which this does contain, and it has a medicinal smell that takes some getting used to. The ingredients list rosemary oil, which I think is partly to blame as well. That's a shame, because not only is the smell unpleasant (unlike actual rosemary), it's also known to be an irritant. It's low down on the ingredient list, but still. What is the reason for it to be there? She already put Argan oil, shea butter, avocado butter, and other moisturizing ingredients in these sticks. There's no reason on earth to put rosemary oil in this product.

I do apply these to my lips but I don't find them moisturizing in the least. My cheeks are pretty oily anyway, so I can't comment on whether they moisturize the face.

The main problem I have with these is that they disappear so quickly. I don't know if they work better on dryer skin than mine. But if you want longer lasting blush without an irritant, try Josie's Coconut Cheek gelees. They stain all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color stick was part of the boxed set at Sephora.
As a lipstick - i didn't like it. it felt funny, had an odd smell & It had shimmer that was way too strong for my liking
As a blush - it looked really nice actually. My skin is doing well thanks to the Josie maran oil it came with, and using this on the apples of my cheek gave me a rosy glow.

I would definitely buy the box for first timers. The oil is the killer product in there. Used as a moisturizer, you will never need concealer again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a set at Sephora, and I am a little puzzled by it. I have tried it for a couple of weeks now, and each morning I apply it to my cheeks, blend a bit, and....nothing. It just disappears on my skin. It is so subtle that I can't even tell that I applied anything. And it feels greasy. I will go back to my Nars orgasm now, because I prefer the bright rosy flush it gives me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ALStephens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like putting heavy makeup on my skin, so when I opt to wear blusher, I will only use this or Tarte. This is light and cool feeling, dewy-looking, and adds just a small bit of color if you use a light hand. I have this in petal pink and it is my natural cheek color +1. Perfect.

I see some people complain about the scent, but I quite like the herbal-menthol smell and feel of this.

This (or Tarte cheek stain) + a Korres lip butter is my one minute makeup routine so I can look somewhat put together in the office.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupthebreakup

I really like this "color stick". Blush in a twist-up tube?! What happened to powder blush?? This argan based product states you can use for either lips or cheeks, but I found it dried out my lips so keep it just a cheek product not to mention due the size its just awkward for lip application unless you use a brush. The formulation feels like somewhere in between creme products and moisturizing balm. I have it in "Rosey" and its a beautiful deep pink-rose shade with gold micro-glitter. Not a big fan of the glitter, but the shade is nice. The shade gives a nice subtle dewy effect. ( A little goes a long way with this one) The wear isn't super long, but the effect is pretty enough that I don't mind re-applying. It brightens the face nicely. On my lazy days ( they happen a bit more than I'd like to admit)I just use three things sunscreen, this, and little bit of mascara. I'd recommend this.

Pros:

+Color
+portability
+ natural
+multitasking

Cons:
+slightly medicinal/ herbal smell
+short wear time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This is the first lip and cheek product that keeps my lips perfectly comfortable, let alone nurtures them. But it still has plenty of pigment to blend into my cheeks without disappearing as i blend or sliding around during the day. Others have noted poor staying power but it lasts just as long as anything else on my face. I got this in petal pink, it's a punchy pink, natural and neutral enough to work on plenty of ladies, and not nearly as shimmery as it looks in the tube. One complaint: the packaging seems kind of bulky and excessive. Otherwise, it's amazing, highly recommend.