April 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Studio Effect Liquid Liner (all colors)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the black and the copper brown color. I love these. I wanted a black liquid liner that gave the tiniest line possible at a very very cheap affordable price. I tested it along with nyx other liners at ulta, let dry, and the black is the only one that looked shinny and stayed put when I wiped a line through it w a wet qtip. I used to use NYC liner and it smudged through the day. Not this. I love the copper too. It ABSOLuTLEy georgous!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how this eyeliner comes in a variety of colors. In my opinion, they are all easy to apply and wear well. Additionally, this eyeliner does not irritate my sensitive skin and does not flake even after over twelve hours of wear. The brush does tend to get a little gunky but I just wipe it periodically to avoid this happening.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by superstarra85

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Burned my skin a bit as it was drying which has happened only once before with a liquid liner. After a day of wearing, I washed my face and the skin around my eyes was extremely irritated. I don't usually have overly sensitive eyes or skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this in Cobalt Blue and WOW. I am in love. Super easy to apply. Great pigmentation and the price cannot be beat. I've been using gel liners but I find the color runs and smudges by the middle of the day. I don't have this problem with this particular liner. It stays throughout the day and I have to really work my makeup remover cloth to get it off. Love that! I got it at Ulta during their BOGO sale on NYX and am looking forward to going back and grabbing all the colors they carry - love this liner!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I love NYX so I was very dissapointed when i bought this product! I bought NYX studio liquid liner in black and everytime i go to curl my lashes half of my liner comes off. Putting it on is such a hassel it wouldn't line properly( I am very experienced with liquid liners too). Even throughout the day i can see it flaking off. I love NYX products but this one is a flop!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! I have it in Extreme Coffee and it is an absolutely gorgeous coppery, metallic dark brown that reflects at every angle and it a lovely complement to blue eyes like mine. the price is pretty good for its quality and the applicator is long enough to not smudge unintentionally and the brush is thin enough to get a precise line. I look forward to buying more colors of this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally an eyeliner with some shine I can actually wear. I got this in Smokey Grey which is more dark gunmetal and it's perfect. I like a bit of shine in my liners cause i find it makes eye makeup look dreamy. This works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I love the color payoff, longevity, color selection and finish of these liners. However, I don't love the applicator. This would be a 5 star review if the brush wasn't so long. I love the black like crazy and I'm really fond of Extreme Plum Purple for an accent color on top of a thick black line.

The price, the colors, the wearability... try and buy them. I like them more than the other drugstore liquid liners. They beat most of the eyeliner pens I've liked for pigmentation and lasting with water or pressure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This is the best colored liquid liner I've ever used for its price range. I have eyelids that get oily throughout the day so unless I use eye primer, my non-waterproof eyeliners either fade or smudge. I bought these in Extreme Plum Purple, Extreme Silver and Extreme Sapphire, and were instantly my favorites for summer wear when my lids are especially oily, because these eyeliners don't budge even with sweat. I'd have to wipe it off if I wanted to take it off for any reason, but this is a plus if you don't like the fuss of waterproof eye makeup remover, since it still does come off with water and a little friction.

The color range for these eyeliners is decent but doesn't include a red or hot pink color, which I am surprised at since it seems to offer all the other basic colors of the rainbow. The finish of these liners also appears to be entirely metallic, so if you prefer matte eyeliner maybe you should pass on this. The pigmentation, however, is excellent even in a single stroke. The applicator is a small, tapering brush that I personally don't like because a change in pressure upon application changes the thickness of your line too easily. I would have much preferred a felt nib applicator like that of Maybelline Line Stiletto Precision Liquid Liner, which I felt has a sharper application than these NYX Liquid Liners.

In addition to my issue with its brush applicator, I also notice that when the eyeliner is applied, throughout the day it may make my lids underneath the eyeliner "wrinkle" a little bit—I suspect this is only because when the liquid eyeliner dried after application, it pulled the skin along with it, but it does seem more accentuated throughout the day. Eye creams or moisturizing cleansers should fix this though.

Overall, I love these eyeliners not so much for the packaging but for the product itself because the pigmentation is wonderful, and would recommend them for simple, summer day makeup or for sophisticated night time looks. A few months after I picked up my first three liners, I bought two more in Extreme Green and Extreme Gold, and I'm not giving these babies up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by anibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My friend was on the hunt for a liquid liner during IMATS Toronto and found these in the massive booth NYX put up. Never heard of the product before but she was extreme impressed with the tester and pick one up. Then I pick one up in Extreme Black after she pointed it out. I loved it so much I later bought Extreme Coffee, Extreme Purple and Extreme Smokey Grey off of nonpareilboutique.com which is were I but most of my NYX items.

I had struggled with MAC Liquidlast since the brush was so flimsy and I have shaky hands to being with. It was also imposable to get off even with MAC's Gently Off Eye & Lip Makeup Remover which I found worked fine for their Fluidline.

These Studio Effect Liquid Liner although not claiming to be waterproof are indeed waterproof and smudgeproof when dry. They can also be removed with soap and water but any makeup remove works as well. The brush is also firmer which is a HUGE plus in my book.