Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse

3.9

I can't count how many different mousse I have purchased in my life. However, I can say that the Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse is my favorite! I have naturally straight hair and attempting to curl my hair is a nightmare. While my hair is 90% dry I put in a hand full of mousse and brush it through my strands. I then use flexi-rods and wrap my hair as tight as I want. I wake up with extremely curly hair! My hair stays curly all day which is the best part about this product. I high recommend this to anyone, especially if you have straight hair!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Overall I really love the Living Proof range but I hated this product, I have tried about half a dozen products from this brand and this is the only one I dont like. I have longish, fine hair and although it did make my hair fuller, it also made it dull, lifeless and fluffy, I also stuggled with knots when brushing and blow drying. A big disappointment considering the other products are unbelievably amazing.

Made my hair thick and sexy! Love the smell. A little goes a long way.

on 1/3/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this mousse, it worked so well for me, but for three reasons I won't be repurchasing -
1) The can crapped out halfway through, so I have 1/2 a can that I cannot use.
2) I don't believe the company is cruelty-free; website is vague.
3) Way too expensive. I'll stick with Paul Mitchell for great products @ good pricing that are 100% cruelty-free.

on 12/5/2014 11:34:00 AM

Wow - I am shocked to see how well this is rated! This is my anti-holy grail product. I don't know enough curses to describe this. I'm looking for new shampoo's, and I bought their No-Frizz line, which I adored, so I wanted to try the volume line. UGH. This mousse left my hair greasy looking and flat. I literally had to put dry shampoo in 20 minutes after washing my hair. I adore the No-Frizz serum, so I was really surprised to see that rated low. Maybe my hair is having an opposite day! :)

If you really want to try this, I would strongly advise getting a sample first.

on 4/29/2014 11:16:00 PM

I have been pretty disappointed with the Living Proof products I've tried. This does add volume, but it also leaves my hair sticky and gross feeling. I tried the miniature size bottle and had the same issue as other users with the product eventually turning runny.

on 2/13/2014 12:20:00 PM

I realize now that I am probably not in the targeted consumer group for this product. I purchased it, hoping it would give volume and enhance curl at the back of my head. I have naturally wavy hair with a tighter curl at the front and sides, and very loose, almost straight at the back. I used this product alone the first time and combined with another the second time, and the results were the same. This foam removed any hint of wave from all my hair, but even worse at the back where it is already nearly straight. It might work well for people with fine, limp or even chemically fried hair to give volume when blown out, but didn't work at all for my natural (air dried or diffused) wavy hair. I really miss the original curl enhancing product ("wave shaping, curl defining styling cream"). Despite the company saying the nourishing styling cream is the same, it just doesn't seem to perform the same way the wave shaping cream did when it first came out a few years ago. Oh well. All of these products are great for straightening hair, and make it look shiny and healthy when used that way.

on 1/14/2014 7:05:00 PM

Love love love everything about this except the price. I started out trying the cream 1st and got modest volume. This gives me measurable volume in my fine color treated reverse-cut bob that actually lasts all day + it makes my hair shiny :) I will re-purchase in spite of the price.

UPDATE - I hate the can. As you use up the product, it begins to come out of the can runny. This is a mousse people = its supposed to be fluffy, not runny. Also, tilting the can makes dispensing even worse, but dispensing from a fully upright can when the product coming out is runny makes for a mess.

on 1/12/2014 7:26:00 PM

I originally received a sample of this mousse as part of a QVC test tube. It sat around for quite awhile before I used it because I figured it was just another mousse. However, when I did finally end up trying it, I was extremely impressed. It gave my fine, flat hair body like I hadn't experienced before. I was so impressed I actually ordered all of the products from the Full line. In short, this mousse and the root lifting spray give good body and volume. They will be the only products from the line i will repurchase. In addition, I love the fragrance of the Full line of products. It has a citrus fragrance that isn't overly sweet.

on 8/6/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because of all the great reviews with hair that sounds like mine. I have very thin, fine hair. The first time I used this I used quite a bit...about a palm full all over my head from roots to tip. Blow dry as usual. Horrible results. I mean the worst. I looked like a drowned rat. My hair was a tangled, stuck to my head, frizzy, nasty mess. I came back and read the reviews and tried again. This time using only about a quarter size and only on my roots/crown. Not quite as bad, but wherever I put this it was a matted mess. On the third try I did a 'tweener..using about 1/2 of what I'd used the first time, strategically placed. I looked like I hadn't washed my hair in weeks. This just doesn't work for me. I can't tell why that is the case or whats different in my hair, but this is one of the worst products I've ever put on my hair. I'll stick with Redken 06 products that do so much better for my hair.

Top Rated Living Proof Products