July 31, 2014 | 1935 users online

Styling Products - Living Proof - Full Thickening Mousse

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been pretty disappointed with the Living Proof products I've tried. This does add volume, but it also leaves my hair sticky and gross feeling. I tried the miniature size bottle and had the same issue as other users with the product eventually turning runny.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by judes966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I realize now that I am probably not in the targeted consumer group for this product. I purchased it, hoping it would give volume and enhance curl at the back of my head. I have naturally wavy hair with a tighter curl at the front and sides, and very loose, almost straight at the back. I used this product alone the first time and combined with another the second time, and the results were the same. This foam removed any hint of wave from all my hair, but even worse at the back where it is already nearly straight. It might work well for people with fine, limp or even chemically fried hair to give volume when blown out, but didn't work at all for my natural (air dried or diffused) wavy hair. I really miss the original curl enhancing product ("wave shaping, curl defining styling cream"). Despite the company saying the nourishing styling cream is the same, it just doesn't seem to perform the same way the wave shaping cream did when it first came out a few years ago. Oh well. All of these products are great for straightening hair, and make it look shiny and healthy when used that way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Love love love everything about this except the price. I started out trying the cream 1st and got modest volume. This gives me measurable volume in my fine color treated reverse-cut bob that actually lasts all day + it makes my hair shiny :) I will re-purchase in spite of the price.

UPDATE - I hate the can. As you use up the product, it begins to come out of the can runny. This is a mousse people = its supposed to be fluffy, not runny. Also, tilting the can makes dispensing even worse, but dispensing from a fully upright can when the product coming out is runny makes for a mess.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by 4truth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I originally received a sample of this mousse as part of a QVC test tube. It sat around for quite awhile before I used it because I figured it was just another mousse. However, when I did finally end up trying it, I was extremely impressed. It gave my fine, flat hair body like I hadn't experienced before. I was so impressed I actually ordered all of the products from the Full line. In short, this mousse and the root lifting spray give good body and volume. They will be the only products from the line i will repurchase. In addition, I love the fragrance of the Full line of products. It has a citrus fragrance that isn't overly sweet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I bought this because of all the great reviews with hair that sounds like mine. I have very thin, fine hair. The first time I used this I used quite a bit...about a palm full all over my head from roots to tip. Blow dry as usual. Horrible results. I mean the worst. I looked like a drowned rat. My hair was a tangled, stuck to my head, frizzy, nasty mess. I came back and read the reviews and tried again. This time using only about a quarter size and only on my roots/crown. Not quite as bad, but wherever I put this it was a matted mess. On the third try I did a 'tweener..using about 1/2 of what I'd used the first time, strategically placed. I looked like I hadn't washed my hair in weeks. This just doesn't work for me. I can't tell why that is the case or whats different in my hair, but this is one of the worst products I've ever put on my hair. I'll stick with Redken 06 products that do so much better for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by rjacobso9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This item is definitely my HG! I have extremely fine, thin hair and this is the only product I have found that actually makes a noticeable difference. My mother has the same hair texture as me and between the two of us we have tried what seems like every volumnizing product under the sun and this is the only one where I can say it actually does make a difference. I use it almost every day and on the days I am running late or forget I can definitely see a noticeable difference. It adds considerable volume and gives my hair so much more oomph! I use a small amount on my hair, but don't put any on my crown, with the exception of a teeny, tiny bit right at the front of my hairline (with my hair texture putting a volume product directly on my crown just highlights how thin my hair is). I am on my second bottle and recently bought a bottle for my mom as well, who agrees it makes a noticeable difference. It is expensive but I don't think you need to use gallons to make it work so a little goes a long way and I'm okay with spending a little more for a product that does so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Carley210

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I get tons of volume with this mousse. I used Nexxus before, and although I liked it, it can't hold a candle to Living Proof. The down side is that next-day hair needs a little spritzing with water and some blow-dry touch up. It's worth it though...and if you take the time with it, it gives good body the next day, as well. This stuff is definitely above the fray.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by wareagle08

I have tried several different products for volume and this is my favorite. I have really long, thick hair. It's VERY hard for me to keep my roots from getting flat, and I hate that look. I put a huge egg size amount all around my roots with my head flipped over. After I blowdry, the extra volume lasts 4 days or more until I wash. It's even noticeable in a pony tail. The hair doesn't stick so flat to my head. I bought it on sale, but now I'm going to have to pay full price. I tried going without it and I noticed a huge difference.

ETA: Really tired of paying the $26. Bought some drug store herbal essences mousse. Tried that a few weeks, thought it was ok. Had some leftover living proof and used it. WOW the difference. My husband even commented on it. Definitely sticking with this now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by tenacious_d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish this weren't so darn expensive, because I really, really love this mousse. I apply extra to my dry hair. I rub a little around the crown/root area and then rub a little more all through my hair before I put in my jumbo hot curlers. The result is big shiny curls that last all day, and no other product has ever been able to do that for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by MarniGirl

Very good product for my fine/thin hair. It even made it look better the next day! Definitley one of the best mousses that I have tried.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No