September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

Highlighters - Make Up For Ever - Uplight Face Luminizer Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ranneqian

The pump is just the worse design ever - there is no way you can control the amount you want! It either comes out too little or too much at a time. The consistency of the product makes it difficult to work with. Dries pretty quickly so you have to work fast with it. Tends to pull some of my foundation off too. That said, it does a good job with highlighting my cheekbones. Doesn't last throughout the day though - 3 hours tops in the humid weather and because of the gel-like/thick consistency of the product, it makes it difficult for touch-ups. It does last for a long time because you do not need much product to highlight your cheekbones. Would not buy this again after I've finished using mine. Going to try the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBoom

I have this in #12. While I really appreciate the color with my skin (light-medium with yellow undertones #123 in MUFE HD foundation) and the lack of overt glitter chunks that seem so ubiquitous in many highlighters... I really hate the consistency and the packaging. The pump doesn't allow you much control over how product much comes out, so if I press lightly nothing happens, but if I press hard enough to eject product, a much larger-than-necessary-glob comes out. As a result, there is quite a bit of waste, which is really not okay with a product as this price point. The product itself has a rather strange consistency. It kind of reminds me of the semi-solid air-exposed jelly blob that comes out when you first squeeze out a bit of lotion before the lotions starts coming out with the proper liquid consistency. Except it's not just at the beginning, the product is always like that. This quality makes it difficult to spread smoothly. I wonder if the bottle doesn't keep out air as well as it should. Basically, the color and balance between sheen and shimmer are lovely but not enough to make this purchase worth it- at all. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MUFE in shade 23 is IDENTICAL to Physician's Formula in sunset strip. I bought this in shade 23 and it's a lovely shimmery bronze that looks natural as a highlighter. I usually only purchase high end but it's kind of stupid to pay 29 dollars that's the same in every way - including lasting power - to a product that's 13 bucks. I put my physician's formula in sunset strip on one cheek and this on the other and they're identical. It's too late to return the product but I won't repurchase.

EDIT: NUMBER 22 IS UNIQUE ENOUGH TO PAY THE $29. PERFECT HIGHLIGHTER.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

It's a nice highlighter to have, but I won't repurchase. My HG fallback has always been Becca SSP, so I only purchased this to try it out. I like it a lot, for its pigmentation and lasting power, but the jelly-like consistency is quite annoying. Normally I use a medium sized paddle brush to dab on my highlighter, but this one cannot be picked up by my brush since it is so jelly-like. I absolutely like the champagne pearly color of #12 and I think it looks very nice, like the "expensive skin" that the Eldridge was talking about, but I still find my Becca does a better job. Also, the fragrance of this product is rather off-putting, which makes me less prone to use it. It also tends to smudge a bit of my foundation underneath it, which is very bothersome. I have resolved the issue by waiting for a while before putting on the highlighter, but I don't always have time in the morning to wait. I don't like the packaging since it is airtight, which means that at the end of its usage, there will be some product stuck in the tube. I much prefer the packaging of Chanel Le Blanc. All in all, this is a great product, and I definitely recommend it as a good liquid highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for a illuminator with no glitter at all...and was recommended this at Sephora. I got a #12 which is sheer light beige...that gives you a very subtle glow..perfect for day wear! For nights, it definitely doesn't show up at all...and the glittery Uplights looked pinkish on my skin. This didn't break me out and I'm happy with it...but for the price, would not repurchase this tiny bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in 11 & 12 and they are absolutely LOVELY highlighters! They do an amazing job at adding a subtle runway modelesque GLOW (not shimmer) to your face and a little goes a long way -- even half a pump is too much! While I do like BeneFit's High Beam a lot, I find it a bit starkly light for my light-medium skintone, and doesn't blend in as smoothly, so I need to be careful with it. With Make Up For Ever's, they blend in like a dream and are mistake-proof. While these are really pricey, I find myself reaching for them ALL the time so I absolutely would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in #23 and this one is not glittery at all. The other ones had way too much sparkle in them. This one is just enough shimmer too make me look glowy but not covered in glitter. The only issue is the packaging...you can't control how much comes out. but other than that..I like it and would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by fofocool

I have #33 and no I am not a fan of it!! I mean it looks beautiful but I shouldn't have got this one just because of the glitter that it has... I will search to find a satiny uplight, because where I live the glittery ones are available only.....oh, and the packaging well it SUCKS.... but if i find a color that I like I can handle it!!!! So I will propably rebuy it but not this particular one....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a nice glide on highlighter you can apply over your setting powder with no problems. I like the gel consistency. It's also very, very subtle. Nothing like Benefit High Beam. Mine is #12 and it's a very sheer glowy light, light beige color. I could picure it suiting many tones. However, I don't see anything incredibly spectacular about it. I personally like MAC Pearl better. Maybe this is too sheer for my liking, because I didn't feel like it did a whole lot I layered it on twice even. If your looking for an extremely subtle liquid highlighter try the #11 or #12 shades of the Uplight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Updating (10/11): I finally found a wonderful use for it - I mix a bit into my heavier foundations for a slightly less matte look and it looks amazing! No shimmer or anything, it just makes it slightly dewy looking. I would probably rebuy just for that one thing alone as it works perfectly.

Original: I cannot say that I would buy this again. I so wish there was a 'maybe" option. I got Shade 22, Pearly Pink Flesh. First off the packaging is awful - way too much comes out at a time. It also dries very fast so I have to hurry and put it on my cheeks or wherever before it sets on my fingers. The first couple times I ended up just having shiny blotches on my face.

The color itself is exactly what it says - a fleshy pink, but definitely more light pink. It isn't very unique. It is a very cool shade - there are warm ones too, but this one is definitely cool. But it looks great as a highlighter if I can manage to apply it correctly. It also stays on until you wash it off (or cover it up with powder, which I did, lol).

The concept is awesome, and I love long-wearing cosmetics. However the packaging is slightly off and that kills it for me - at almost $30 for near a half an ounce there is just so much product I waste. I MAY buy again, may try another shade for fun during a sale....however it just doesn't "wow" me.