Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.1

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really disliked the texture of this product. It felt very thick on my skin and like a soapy film. I typically use unscented mineral oil on my skin to oil cleanse, and it removes waterproof mascara easily. This did not. I will continue to use mineral oil and Cerave foaming facial cleanser on my skin.

Smells really nice!!!

But I'd rather use plain olive oil or coconut oil because they cut through makeup, even waterproof mascara, SO MUCH EASIER than this Josie Oil.

Also love removing my makeup with just bubble fleece/minky and plain water. Was going to buy one of the clothes sold at Sephora but $14 & $20 is way too expensive!

1/8 of a yard of bubble fleece bought at Walmart for 88CENTS was enough for me, my sis and niece.
Saturate the cloth and squeeze out the excess water..removes water super easy!

Terrible. Can't even tell you used it. I love the oil but not the facial cleanser.

Sadly, this oil was drying on my skin & left my face feeling tight & irritated-even after moisturizing. It may be the fragrance my skin did not like! On the flip side, this took off my makeup & rinsed clean. Maybe this would work for someone that can handle fragrance in their cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Just realized I hadn't left a review for this yet. I've been using it since the end of August. Not really sure why but my success using JM's argan oil left me curious.

I'm VERY SD/clog prone and have zero tolerance for clogs. Many cleansing oils either clog or dry my face but this one does not. Yes, it is thicker than most but please read shopfiend1's review for tips. The key, as she says, is to shake the bottle prior to dispensing it. It's still on the thicker side but it's less like the consistency of honey that others complain about. In fact, IIRC, JM even suggests shaking the bottle on her website. I'm not sure why it's not on the directions but she should consider adding this step.

The best part is that is does melt everything off.....all my water-resistant Japanese sunscreen and foundation. Rinses clean. And, the best part.....NO CLOGS or irritation.

I will add that I can't comment on its effectiveness for eye makeup since I use my follow-up foaming Sage shampoo to remove mine.

I do have one minor complaint regarding the taste....it's a bitter citrus taste, probably due to the grapefruit seed oil. But I have learned to press my lips together while I'm cleansing around my mouth area, to keep the oil out of my mouth and this works well.

Overall, however, I quite like this cleansing oil, so thumbs up. I even repurchased during Sephora's VIB sale, so it's well on its way to HG status in my line-up.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a mediocre make up remover at best and definitely not worth repurchasing:

CONS:
-doesn't take off my eye make up effectively. I have to rub my eyes and in the end I am just smearing around my eye make (I have to follow up with an eye make up remover)
-texture is not as slippery as most so the oil doesn't glide around your face as easily (hence making me feel my make up and sunscreen are not being removed as effectively) - you feel as if there is something impeding the spreading of the oil - it's slight and would say it's almost like a tacky adhesive that does slide but with more effort
-scent: smells like goo gone. I LOVE almost all things citrus scented (I am fine smelling like an orange or lemon) but this smells like an artificial cleaning product
-the residual on your lips tastes AWFUL. It's not just bitter - there's something else about it so I have to remember to close my lips when I apply (which I forget to do half the time)

PROS:
-doesn't make me break out
-seems to rinse out easily enough with water so your face doesn't feel greasy

My feeling is that this is completely overpriced for what you get.

I really should have read the review on this before I bought it. This is the worst makeup remover I have ever used! It feels like glue when I'm massaging it onto my face and when I rinse it off there's mascara under my eyes. I will not be buying this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was sceptical about a cleasing oil. I only tried this as it came as a sample in a set. I had been happy with my cleansing cream (I had used La Roche-Posay sensitive.)

I have ultra-sensitive skin, and my face gets dry and tight in our cold winters and overheated rooms.

It took me 2 sample bottles until I really loved it. I wasn't using enough water at first. I needed to have just enough water on my face and in my hand for this to spread smoothly. After I got used to it, I loved how it rinsed so cleany. I felt cleansed, but not stripped. I follow up with moisturizer.

I don't wear a ton of makeup or waterproof products, so I can't vouch for its full scrubbing abilities. I will sometimes use a bit of argan oil to get mascara off, where it lands under my eyes, in addition to this. In deep winter, when my skin is raw, I've gone back to cleasing with using lotion, but the rest of the year, this rinses cleanly and feel fresh, especially after sweaty workouts. There's no odd scent, either.

I bought the large bottle once, and it lasted most of the year. But I'm loving the 3 piece set with the argan oil and sunscreen that Sephora has often for about $24. The sample sizes last longer than you'd think, they travel, the bottles don't get all cruddy from hanging around and the price is easier to handle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the worst product ever. I usually stick things out til the end especially if they are as pricey as this product. However this is just impossible . The formula is just sticky..it reminds me of honey.! I pump it into a pad and try to swipe it on my face but the pad just gets kinda stuck with white fluff stuck on my face. Sticky.inpossible to work with and does not remove make up at all. HORRIBLE

I bought this hoping to bring a healthy glow to my face after the winter months when my face was a little dehydrated. It was horrible. It made my dry patches worse and gave my face a tight feeling. There are 2 ingredients not mentioned on the packaging that a known to dry skin out. Don't buy this it will strip the oils out of your face.