Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.2

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

on 4/10/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I loathe this cleansing oil, mainly because it does a terrible job at removing eye makeup. I also found it to be difficult to remove without a washcloth and it just stuck to my face. Lastly, I don't like the fake orange scent. Will be tossing the rest out.

on 4/5/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a great cleansing oil! To the people who think it is too thick--I thought it was too until I realized I needed to use it on a dry face. If you wet your face first, the cleansing oil has a very thick and sticky consistency (not nice) but if your face is dry, it's slick and amazing! I rub the oil on my dry skin for about a minute, then add water and let it emusify. This is a good time to also move it to my eyes to get off my usually-stubborn mascara but this cleans it off easily! I've been cleansing first with this, and then using my Clarisonic with CeraVe for sensitive skin. (This is called the Asian cleansing method. Cleansing oil breaks down oil-based dirt like sunscreen and sebum, while the regular cleanser cleans everything else). My face definitely feels sufficiently clean after just the oil cleanser by itself, and I have used it a lot by itself, but then I tried this method and never went back! My face is oily/combination and this has totally cleaned out my pores--they're noticeably smaller! It has also brightened up my face, plus gave it an even texture. I will definitely keep using this oil cleanser! No harsh smells and didn't make my skin sensitive (I have a bit of rosacea). I've been using this bottle for a long time and I'm less than 1/3 through it. Even though I use 3-4 pumps every wash, the bottle is lasting a long time and is worth the high price tag IMO.

I'd like to point out that this product has the best ingredients out of all the cleansing oils I've looked at--even more expensive ones. You can actually read the ingredient list because it's full of real essential oils, and it does not have mineral oil in it. If you look at other cleansing oils, you could be spending $40-$70 on one with mineral oil being the first ingredient listed (the cheapest oil!)!!

on 4/2/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'd been using DHC Cleansing for for years, but my skin's success with Josie Maran's products led me to try this cleansing oil. It's very different from other oils I've used, and I had to tweak my usage a couple of times before I understood how the product works. The first time I used it I squirted my DHC amount on my fingers and began rubbing it on my eyelashes and my face. I very quickly felt like I was covered in the heaviest oil ever. When I rinsed my face, the oil seemed to repel the water (which is what oil does, of course, but not other cleansing oils.) I envisioned giving myself vinegar facials in order to get the stuff off my skin. But then I began rubbing the cleanser into my face WITH plenty of water. I could literally feel the oil break down into a soft cream, and the makeup dissolving from my skin. After I mixed all the oil into the water, and formed a kind of creamy substance, it rinsed off easily, leaving my skin refreshed and thoroughly clean. Now I use a small amount after wetting my face first, and then I blend with water with the oil as I wash my face. It feels wonderful...very luxurious, and my skin looks great. I'll be sticking with this cleansing oil from now on because it's so concentrated I wind up getting many more uses than I got with my other brand. Also, my other brand smelled medicinal. Josie's Argan Cleansing Oil smells like fresh, sweet oranges...clean and juicy. This line is making me happy with my skin in a way I haven't felt in ages, if ever.

on 3/25/2015 5:20:00 PM

This stuff straight up REEKS...it smells like orange pinesol to me. And it does a terrible job of removing makeup, it really just seems to smear it around my face.

on 2/8/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this product while home visiting my parents for the weekend. I love Josie Maran's argan oil and my mom was raving about this cleanser so I gave it a shot. I have dry combination skin that's also acne prone so it can be tough to find a cleanser that can tackle it all. While I like the concept of this product I can't stand it. First of all it's very heavily fragranced which I don't like. The citrus smell is overpowering and citrus is an irritant to the skin. When you pump it out and put it on your face it feels nice and creates a nice lather once water is added but after I washed my face I didn't feel anything. My skin didn't feel clean nor moisturized. It sort of did nothing. This is an expensive product to just do nothing and I feel like it's sort of gimmicky. It didn't break me out which is nice but I'll be sticking to my Cerave cleasners.

Purchased this because I LOVE face oil cleansers and moisturizers use everything from organic olive oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and evening primrose oil. I never breakout but this product I believe is the cause of my breakouts. Little bumps or pimples on my cheeks and around my mouth chin area. Smells good but will never purchase again!. Also you can get organic Argan oil for half the price. Her products are way over priced!

on 1/24/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love this stuff! I received it with my Clairsonic and I only use this product with it.... my skin feels AMAZING after I use the two together!

on 1/22/2015 6:32:00 PM

**It is very important to know how to properly use this product.** I was looking for a makeup remover at Sephora and one of the associates suggested this. The idea of using a cleanser with oil to wash off makeup just didn't seem right but I thought I'd give it a try. I was disappointed the first time I used it as I felt it didn't do anything. I was ready to return it the next day until I read in another review on MUA that I was using it incorrectly.

The correct way (as previously described) is: With DRY hands, evenly apply 1-2 (as needed) pumps on DRY skin. THEN wet your fingertips and start circling and massaging the cleanser onto your face slowly adding water a little at a time. It will eventually get milky...keep massaging and adding water when needed. Unlike other reviews, I found this rinsed well but only after I learned how to use it.

I was worried about using this on my combination skin but my face feels clean and well hydrated but not oily. I noticed my face looking brighter and more supple every time I used it. I only gave it 4 lippies because found it wasn't enough for removing waterproof eye makeup. You'll still need to get a separate makeup remover for that. I recommend Sephora's waterproof eye makeup...which I love and consider a must have staple.

I like the pump application which you can lock by twisting. It did leak a bit in my backpack during one of my overnight trips but I might not have closed it correctly. A cover/cap would be a good idea. I also like the light fresh scent. It would be nice if it came in a travel sized bottle for small trips (unless there already is one?). I would definitely buy this cleanser again.

on 1/2/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Loving this product so far! I was new to the oil-removes-oil school of thought, and discovered it after putting some 'ethnic' product into my white-girl hair that was GREAT...except for the petroleum jelly. The only thing that removed it was straight oil (sunflower & olive in this case). I have a very DRY face, and don't break out except on the chin That Week Of The Month...but I do have annoying sebaceous filaments. That's those pores that look dark and dirty but are NOT above the skin like blackheads would be. The JM cleansing oil is absolutely removing those! It IS sticky and slow to move around the face as some have said, but not THAT bad. It emulsifies fine for me, contrary to what many have said. Though it doesn't say to, SHAKE the bottle 1st. You can see it separate in the bottle, and it only seems logical, then, to mix it. Perhaps that accounts for some of the problems. It does taste bad, but who buys a face wash for how it tastes?? Weird. I feel it is overpriced for the amount you get, but it is effective for me, so sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too. I bought 3 more bottles on 20% off at Sephora. If you buy it or ask for a sample, remember to shake!!!

on 12/29/2014 7:47:00 PM

I got this at Sephora as part of a set. I like cleansing oils for removing makeup, especially in winter, but this is not one I would buy again. I found I had to follow it up with a regular cleanser to remove residue. My preference is for Eucerin Skin Calming body wash--also an oil cleanser. It works great for me as a facial cleanser, removing makeup and leaving my skin soft with no residue and the price is far more reasonable and doesn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth like the Maran product. I can't speak for the full size packaging because I had the trial size version, but the Eucerin 8.4 oz bottle is easier to dispense in the shower.