Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.2

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

on 2/8/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this product while home visiting my parents for the weekend. I love Josie Maran's argan oil and my mom was raving about this cleanser so I gave it a shot. I have dry combination skin that's also acne prone so it can be tough to find a cleanser that can tackle it all. While I like the concept of this product I can't stand it. First of all it's very heavily fragranced which I don't like. The citrus smell is overpowering and citrus is an irritant to the skin. When you pump it out and put it on your face it feels nice and creates a nice lather once water is added but after I washed my face I didn't feel anything. My skin didn't feel clean nor moisturized. It sort of did nothing. This is an expensive product to just do nothing and I feel like it's sort of gimmicky. It didn't break me out which is nice but I'll be sticking to my Cerave cleasners.

Purchased this because I LOVE face oil cleansers and moisturizers use everything from organic olive oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and evening primrose oil. I never breakout but this product I believe is the cause of my breakouts. Little bumps or pimples on my cheeks and around my mouth chin area. Smells good but will never purchase again!. Also you can get organic Argan oil for half the price. Her products are way over priced!

on 1/24/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love this stuff! I received it with my Clairsonic and I only use this product with it.... my skin feels AMAZING after I use the two together!

mpb

on 1/22/2015 6:32:00 PM

**It is very important to know how to properly use this product.** I was looking for a makeup remover at Sephora and one of the associates suggested this. The idea of using a cleanser with oil to wash off makeup just didn't seem right but I thought I'd give it a try. I was disappointed the first time I used it as I felt it didn't do anything. I was ready to return it the next day until I read in another review on MUA that I was using it incorrectly.

The correct way (as previously described) is: With DRY hands, evenly apply 1-2 (as needed) pumps on DRY skin. THEN wet your fingertips and start circling and massaging the cleanser onto your face slowly adding water a little at a time. It will eventually get milky...keep massaging and adding water when needed. Unlike other reviews, I found this rinsed well but only after I learned how to use it.

I was worried about using this on my combination skin but my face feels clean and well hydrated but not oily. I noticed my face looking brighter and more supple every time I used it. I only gave it 4 lippies because found it wasn't enough for removing waterproof eye makeup. You'll still need to get a separate makeup remover for that. I recommend Sephora's waterproof eye makeup...which I love and consider a must have staple.

I like the pump application which you can lock by twisting. It did leak a bit in my backpack during one of my overnight trips but I might not have closed it correctly. A cover/cap would be a good idea. I also like the light fresh scent. It would be nice if it came in a travel sized bottle for small trips (unless there already is one?). I would definitely buy this cleanser again.

on 1/2/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Loving this product so far! I was new to the oil-removes-oil school of thought, and discovered it after putting some 'ethnic' product into my white-girl hair that was GREAT...except for the petroleum jelly. The only thing that removed it was straight oil (sunflower & olive in this case). I have a very DRY face, and don't break out except on the chin That Week Of The Month...but I do have annoying sebaceous filaments. That's those pores that look dark and dirty but are NOT above the skin like blackheads would be. The JM cleansing oil is absolutely removing those! It IS sticky and slow to move around the face as some have said, but not THAT bad. It emulsifies fine for me, contrary to what many have said. Though it doesn't say to, SHAKE the bottle 1st. You can see it separate in the bottle, and it only seems logical, then, to mix it. Perhaps that accounts for some of the problems. It does taste bad, but who buys a face wash for how it tastes?? Weird. I feel it is overpriced for the amount you get, but it is effective for me, so sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too. I bought 3 more bottles on 20% off at Sephora. If you buy it or ask for a sample, remember to shake!!!

on 12/29/2014 7:47:00 PM

I got this at Sephora as part of a set. I like cleansing oils for removing makeup, especially in winter, but this is not one I would buy again. I found I had to follow it up with a regular cleanser to remove residue. My preference is for Eucerin Skin Calming body wash--also an oil cleanser. It works great for me as a facial cleanser, removing makeup and leaving my skin soft with no residue and the price is far more reasonable and doesn't leave a bitter taste in my mouth like the Maran product. I can't speak for the full size packaging because I had the trial size version, but the Eucerin 8.4 oz bottle is easier to dispense in the shower.

on 12/23/2014 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a cleansing oil addict, since using the Shu Uemura ultimate8 cleansing oil I have never gone back to ordinary cleansers. I love the soft, freshly moisturised feeling that I get from using cleansing oils.

I bought the Josie Maran cleansing oil at Sephora in Waikiki on a trip for my friend's wedding. I was looking to try something different when my ultimate8 cleansing oil ran out and I heard great reviews on the Josie Maran argan oil.

The oil is quiet thick and rich. I found I only needed one pump of oil to cleanse my entire face. When using the oil, I found it difficult to distribute smoothly and it tended to clump in one section when applied directly to my face. To solve this I would usually mix a little bit of water with the oil before applying to my face. Once I added the water, it emulsified and was quiet easy to apply. This cleansing oil did an average job of removing makeup, so I used waterproof makeup remover prior to cleansing just to make sure there was no left over residue. Once on my face, it still felt quiet thick and clumpy for my liking. The hardest part about this cleanser?... I found was rinsing it off. My advice is make sure you use plenty of water and massaging action to get the cleanser off, it is quiet sticky.

I do not find this cleanser ideal for every day use (I use cleansing oil every night) due to the fact that this cleanser was too thick and sticky without water, did not do a great job at removing makeup and needed a fair bit of work to wash off. I also found that it was far too strong for my skin and I experienced a few little breakouts, which I usually don't get.

The pros? it does a great job of moisturising for a cleanser, espescially on dry skin which to me is extremely important- there is nothing worst than a cleanser that strips your skin and leaves it thirsty and taut.

Would I buy it again? not as long as Shu Uemura cleansing oils are still available.

on 12/22/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got this as part of the Winter Dreams collection. I don't really like it, though I have VERY dry and sensitive skin. The first night I tried it my skin was a little dry, but ok. But by the second night I started getting irritation on my cheeks. Also, I don't like the citrus smell at all. This may be better for people with acne prone skin. But if you're like me, you can add this to the list of cleansers that will do more harm than good.

on 12/11/2014 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This cleansing oil worked fine for me to get off my makeup (I always cleanse again with soap after using any kind of cleansing oil or makeup wipe). I can see what people are talking about when they say this oil feels drier on the skin than some other oils. I'm currently using Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm and I like it better (I think it might be a little cheaper too, but I can't remember), so I probably wouldn't purchase this one again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am quite a fan of cleansing oils since I apply a lot of matte sunscreens which are hard to get off with a regular cleanser. I read all the negative reviews and was prepared to hate this product which I got as part of a great VFM pack at Sephora which also consisted of the sunscreen and pure argan oil. I use this at work mainly to get rid of sunscreen. I'm not a huge fan of a heavy citrus smell although I don't really mind it either. It feels much thicker than the DHC cleansing oil (my HG) and like others have said, when you're rinsing it off, it doesn't feel as satisfying taking it off. However, it caused no problems even when I was having a very dry peeling sensitive skin break out period and actually helped to heal my skin. When you dry your face, it does feel clean and doesn't require double cleansing. In fact, my skin could use moisturising after using it since I sit in a dry air-conditioned environment all day.

However I still prefer the DHC Cleansing oil which has the added advantage of turning white when you wet it which gives me a lot of satisfaction as I know if I have left out rinsing any areas. However, this works great to carry around as it is available in a nice travel size and Sephora has a great deal. This will last me a good 3-4 months I think.