December 22, 2014 | 1613 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Shea Moisture - Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice rich product that absorbs well. The scent seems more hibiscus than coconut but is pleasant. The issue is with the bottle. This lotion is too thick to be squeezed out of a thin plastic bottle with a flip top. I store it upside down so it doesn't take so long to get it out. I see a pic with a pump but that is definitely not going to work either. Maybe a tube or a tub would be better? One lippie off for packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by MamaMo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this on my baby girl after her bath. She smells so good with this! It's not marked as for babies, but the ingredients are all natural. It's great on my cracked scaly hands, too. The pumps on the shea moisture usually don't work well, though, so I'd only buy this in the squeeze bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Mmmm I love Shea Moisture! I'm not the type to care about hand creams, and find most do absolutley nothing. But winter was coming and I had a coupon, and thought I could use a hand cream for the car. This stuff isn't marketed as a hand cream, but that's what I needed. So since I love coconut, I got this. I loovee it. Wow, my hands are so soft with this and I love the smell. I bet it would be great on body too, but for that I think it's a bit too pricey. I tend to buy a large cocoa butter pump bottle or use palmers tubs (which are better). But yea, killer stuff. If you are the type to splurge on body cream anyway, I'd say give it a go for that too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Lena0510

This is the best moisturiser I have ever used and it became a staple the moment I took it home and tried it. Here's why:

- It makes your skin INCREDIBLY soft without making it at all sticky
-the price is more than reasonable compared with similar products
- as a lover of natural products Shea Moisture ingredient lists are a a dream come true; there's nothing questionable in this bottle
-the mushroom is supposed to have anti-ageing effects and I would argue it definitely does. I use this daily on my decolletage and it keeps my skin looking wonderful
-a little bit of product goes a long way!

The one negative, as other reviewers have mentioned, is that you can't get the last bit of product thanks to the packaging. Unless, like me, you cut the bottle open and scoop it out. Trust me, it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lotion made my skin feel soo soft and smooth!! It smells like tropical paradise and coconuts. Most lotions I used still made my skin look ashy no matter how much they claimed to be moisturizing. But this one proved me wrong. The only thing I dislike about it is, it comes with no pump and when it's finished you still have to try to get the rest of it out. I felt like I got cheated an ounce out of the product. Overall its great for people with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this for the summer. It hydrates and softens my skin without feeling tacky. The scent is amazing. I can really detect the coconut and it lasts decently throughout the day. I want to try the raw Shea butter one next. If you like the coconut and hisbicus line scent then you will like adding this to your collection. Good for delicate and dry skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the few lotions I have bought on repeat, yes I rarely buy the same lotions. Most lotions are too light, they smell weird, etc. This lotion I could use all year round if I wanted to, but during the muggy summers I need something lighter. That reminds me, I need to repurchase this lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by glossluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. Let me count the ways:

1) It smells so good. A bit sweet and tropical, probably from the coconut and maybe honeysuckle.

2) There's a beautiful thickness. It really is a butter lotion. I usually just have to lotion up once a day.

3) the ingredients are easy to pronounce. It feels like I can make it myself, but I'm too lazy for that haha.

4) I love that my purchase helps a small community. Well, that's what is stated on the package as well as some background.

Overall, great consistency, thickness and effective. I don't think my skin is brighter or any more toned, as that's what the bottle says its for. I hate that I can get ever little bit out of the bottle. However, I can honestly say I've never finished a lotion. I'm currently on my 3rd bottle of this stuff. Oh and it was maybe $10. A pricier than other lotions, but it's a quality products that's completely harmless.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by md8405

Love this lotion,it smells so amazing!!!!!!!!!!! and works very well not greasy but leaves skin silky smooth. I love nautral products that do not contain harsh chemicals and this is one of my favs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I love this stuff. It smells so good. It has a coconut yet more nutty smell to it if that makes sense? Makes my skin very soft and I can see a difference in my skin tone. However, I think it made my back break out a couple times because it has a lot of different organic oils in it so I tend to stay away from my upper back. Very moisturizing though. The price I thought was kind of expensive [got @ Target] since I use a good amount each time. I didn't like the cap and how it dispenses because its hard to get the product out because it's so thick. I have bought this about 3x already. Love that it is organic and has none of that nasty bad for you stuff in it.