November 23, 2014 | 2118 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Olay - Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Eye Cream Line and Dark Circle Minimizing Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This could have been a half-way decent eye moisturiser for a person that has no dryness under the eyes if it wasn't packaged so horribly. I used this less than 10 times before it ran out. I wiped and rinsed the brush end with alcohol between uses and noticed the brush also gets terribly clogged. It's a click-style pen and very hard to get anything out or even know when it might be close to being empty. The brush is also awkward and too big for the eye area in my opinion.

You have to click the pen several times before anything even comes out, and when it does the formula is thin and water-y and not opaque at all, I thought it might have some opacity because of the titanium dioxide but no. It just barely covers dark circles. It's hard to spread and balls up and then just rolls off the skin (and I used it on bare skin). Because it is so thin, it doesn't even moisturise the under eye area. It just did nothing in any way for me.

Realistically I don't expect anything to actually lighten dark circles (and mine are not even bad)), except for in a cosmetic way and this failed to even do that. I got this in a set with some other Olay products but I would never repurchase, way to gimmicky and useless. Any cream combined with a touch of concealer is a way better option in my opinion. Waste of time and money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ninamama9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Right, this is blah shade and a strange delivery system and I would've shrugged and said "PASS" ...until..... I started getting comments later in the day that I looked "different". That I looked beautiful. At night. When I'm worn out and exhausted. And started noticing myself that my eyes indeed looked tighter, younger, and fresher the days I put it on before the rest of my makeup. (On lids, before primer; under eyes, before concealer.) Who knew? Anyway, it appears to make a difference, so I will continue to use it. Try it, but as a first step. (It was cheap for me as I got it at Costco.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lorijewel

When I saw this product I contemplated whether the $20.00 was worth it or not. I have very visible dark circles that make me self-conscious. I've tried several other things; make-up, eye creams, concealer, etc! I didn't have to high of hopes for this product but figured "What did I have to loose?" So glad I took the chance because its great! It is the ONLY thing I have used that covers them up. I love this pen. It's super easy to use. It take 1-2 clicks for both eyes so it lasts a long time. I brush it on then blend in and viola! It does not hide them completely but does a great job. I never leave the house without this and my BB cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Expensive. The brush, which is ridiculously large, doesn't even look like the brush on the package! The applicator dispenses way too much product at a time and the color is awful. It is not easy to apply, and too much product on the brush doesn't help application at all. It is just a messy product to work with. I also find the brush not to be the most sanitary, it has to be wiped clean with witch hazel after each application. So after using it five times, decided it wasn't my cup of tea. My eyes were puffier after using it. I asked Olay for a refund. I paid more at CVS than Olay refunded. A total waste of money, would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by dawnlois

Actually glad I bought this before checking out the reviews! I just finished my first tube - and by that I mean I will definitely be purchasing again - and I really like this. Moisture and light concealing in one,works for me. I actually use this all over my face and it's perfect for me for that. It would not provide heavy duty concealing,but it wasn't made for that anyway. I can see how lots of women could be dissatisfied with the color selection - since there isn't any!! The product just happens to be a near perfect match for me,but Olay,for pete's sake!! The thing that makes this stand out for me is that it really does lightly conceal,which means it could never be sheer enough for all skin tones! That said - I still like it. Also - I can put it on at 5:30 AM,and it's still moist and CREASE FREE at noon or so,and that's a feat!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by raquel36

Ok, I gave it a 3 because I have to use something else with it for it to work for me. I dab a dot of aquaphor healing ointment on my hand and then dispense a drop of this on my hand and blend with the brush it comes with. Only then do I apply it to my eyes and then I like it. Otherwise I would never by this again because it is too dry for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Almost a total trainwreck, but not quite...
I read the box expecting an eye 'treatment' with a hint of tint to it...something appropriate for nighttime as well as day. I think the whole concept is a disaster. The color is hideously ugly and isn't opaque enough to neutralize much, but not sheer enough to 'lighten' the eye area. Plus, who sleeps with "concealer" on??!! I thought I would try because it's supposed to be "improving" my skin 24/7, although I would never normally sleep in "concealer". When I woke up, my eyes did look well rested and not nearly as bleah as normal. Plus the skin was tighter, which is a nice plus. So, I was oddly surprised that wearing this at night makes for pretty-ok looking eyes in the a.m.
Now, in the morning, I wash my face as usual and then apply as an eyecream/concealer. The other posters were right--who designed the size of the brush? You'd have to be a giant in order for it to be sized to your eye area! I just click a little out and apply with my normal-human-sized concealer brush. Again, color--icky. Doesn't neutralize any darkness so I'm all perfect and flawless...but it does work kinda-ok as a base with regular concealer over top. It does leave the eye area moisturized--not overly though.
All in all, it's a weird freaky product that has a few good points but really isn't what the box says it is. Frankly, if it wasn't so far to drive, I'd return it to CVS. Instead, I'll just use it off and on until I get sick of it and retire it to my useless products drawer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say this small amount of product comes with a expensive price tag. I have seem many great reviews for the Total Effects line. But this one doesn't really cut it. The brush is good for applying the product but it's a pain to dispense each time because it's either too much or too little of the product. It doesn't do anything to correct dark eye circle problem. However, it does works better as a concealer (for my skin tone) than as an eye cream. Not very impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mandy117

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

God, this is crap. I really expected more from Olay. I thought it would be a clear product, but it's really dark. If I can find the receipt, I'm returning it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by josilver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so disappointed in this product. The shade is off (too dark), the brush is too big, and the product doesn't dispense well from the tube. I click and click and click and have only used it twice successfully in the weeks I've had it - I just get fed up clicking the darn thing. What a shame. It had some great potential.